Chefelf.com Night Life: New to this forum and just as angry - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

New to this forum and just as angry Hating Crapisode I and the Special Ed Editions

#1 User is offline   Stray nerf Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:53 AM

I believe the source of this nonsense is the fact that most of the creative team Lucas had for the Prequels consisted kids who grew up thinking Lucas is God. Truly, from the behind the scenes footage it seems his old crew have become 'yes men" and the new crew are disciples who wouldn't dare question a scene for fear of Lord Lucas' holy wrath. He probably believes it himself and would smite them with the force should they be so brazen as to disagree with his all-knowingness.

Some things I hate about crapisode one that didn't appear in your list are:

The Title wasn't just stupid, it just didnt apply...Even if WE DIDN'T already know that Palpatine was going to be the Emperor, he was anything but a 'phantom" menace, as he appears in the first few minutes of the film, clearly directing the crap that I still don't know what has to do with conquering the galaxy..We could have been left in the dark as to the federations actions for a while, or lead to believe that maul was behind it, and suspect he might be palpatines mentor, or that the senator wasn't yet evil, but might become so.....give us a LITTLE suspense, JEEEZ. mellow.gif

Okay, it is obvious he uses Force Stealth or something to hide to fact that he is the DARK LORD of THE SITH, and he is very powerful and must almost glow with the force if he didn't hide it so...But why, why, -tell me why- would he catch a ride to Naboo at the end of the movie on a "bus" filled
with THE ENTIRE JEDI COUNCIL..isn't that cozy? I woulda caught my own ride if I were trying to
be secretive as to my OVERWHELMING evilness.... devil.gif

Ah, I had more... but I have stayed up too late as it is Laughing along Cheflef's list. That rubber greedo mask on Warwick Davis (the short guy) just chaps my @ss in so many ways..all those effects in this movie and you affront my intelligence with a burlap tunic and a rubber greedo mask?
Was that character a last minute idea? That's the kind of crap you hide in the background as filler with other crap costumes so we won't really notice..BUT YOU GAVE HIM LINES so I CAN'T IGNORE HIM "ooopa kadoopa, Annie, tee-hee-hee" -Where did I put the Tylenol?

And I won't get started on the SPECIAL ED-itions...Yes I will, How DARE you remove things from the movie that WE the ones who saw your good movies dozens of times and bought your toys, and anything with Star-Wars plastered on it, and MADE YOU RICH, how DARE you remove scenes we love, songs like Lapti Nek, and the Ewok song...and replace them with some crap song and a digital
dance by the Honeycomb cereal monster???

It pains me that what's done done can't be un-done, and I hope that if 7,8,9 ever get made he will just hand it over to Peter Jackson, or someone who can still do a fantasy with some intelligence and dignity.

#2 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:57 AM

yes, we've heard it.

#3 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:20 AM

Good, Good. Let the Hate flow.

I want to hear it again.

#4 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

Yes, i can feel your anger....every second that passes you make yourself more my servant.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#5 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:18 PM

I am glad to welcome you to the forum. I completely agree with you.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#6 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ Nov 15 2005, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, we've heard it.

but not as often as we've heard: "oooh it's awsome yal, coz it has got lik explosions and funy robots..."etc. etc.

stray nerf.... is that pepe in your av.?

#7 User is offline   Stray nerf Icon

• New Cop

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Nov 15 2005, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but not as often as we've heard: "oooh it's awsome yal, coz it has got lik explosions and funy robots..."etc. etc.
stray nerf.... is that pepe in your av.?

Si' it's Pepe', okay?

I like the Muppets, and I like puppet Yoda. Some of what the Henson guys pull off is more magical
than those filthy, nasty, digital effects that jade us all.

#8 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Nov 15 2005, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depends what forum you're on.

#9 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:51 PM

in regards to Stray nerf "The Force is strong with this one"
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#10 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:22 PM

i would have prefered Pepe & Seymore to Jar Jar.

#11 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:06 AM

Fantastic! - Dr. Who

The part about the Honey Combe Cereal Monster made me burst out laughing. I'm sure the neighbors heard.. (and it's 2am!) *tears*

#12 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Stray nerf @ Nov 15 2005, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Si' it's Pepe', okay?

I like the Muppets, and I like puppet Yoda. Some of what the Henson guys pull off is more magical
than those filthy, nasty, digital effects that jade us all.

Speaking of Henson magic has anyone every seen the Dark Crystal? Guess who was involved in that.

None other than Gary Kurtz....
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#13 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:56 AM

I had heard of that somewheres before. Is that an older film or a newer one?

Now that you bring it up, why didn't Lucas tact on the best director of any Star Wars film to date? Would it be because the prequels would have actually been good, that someone would tell Lucas N O, or both?
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#14 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:21 PM

older, and it's cooler.

#15 User is offline   Stray nerf Icon

• New Cop

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:24 AM

Yes I own The Dark Crystal. I may not be a kid, but I grew up with the muppets.
Anyone who likes the muppets should see these......

Henson's Non-muppet films I own:
-The Dark Crystal ..(Crystal Method has a song including the Intro to this film)
"Another world...another time..the world was green and good, until the crystal cracked."
-Jim Henson's "The Storyteller"-A collection of very old and muppetized folktales. No
standard muppet characters appear in it. It is quite surreal.
-The Labyrinth.. Jennifer Connely tormented by puppets and David Bowie...

I also have:
-Muppets Take Manhattan
-Muppet Christmas Carol (Michael Caine-great job)
-Muppet Treasure Island (one of the best)pirate.gif
-Muppets from Space (Pepe's first film)

The muppet films never crap on you like the PT does.

This post has been edited by Stray nerf: 23 November 2005 - 12:27 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size