Chefelf.com Night Life: School Gives Transvestites Own Restroom - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

School Gives Transvestites Own Restroom Saturday, June 19, 2004

#16 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 20 June 2004 - 07:16 AM

What wrong with "the bogs"? Or just declaring "Be right back, I need a piss"? 'Tis the Chyld way...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#17 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jun 20 2004, 05:53 AM)
I call it a washroom or a bathroom.

I would not excuse myself from company just after proclaiming "i gotta use the crapper"

Same here. Parties with friends, however, different story. Then it's "I have to pee. Where do I go to pee?"

Really, I say that.
Anyway, I think it's just because I'm comfortable around them, so etiquette and politeness aren't always an issue.

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:53 AM

Their bathroom doors open directly onto the urinal, so everything that happens inside is completely on show for anyone to see.
sounds like most australian pubs...

so this third toilet then... hmmmm...

I have some freeky friends and accept all types in my society, and futher more i don't encourage anyone to hide who they are...

howver, cant a bunch of dudes go 6 hours without dressing up like women? they can race home throw on a skirt as soon as they get home, then sleep in a sexy silky nighty.

why stop there?
how these bout bathroooms...

Pinkeye Lotus Bathroom
- for guys who like to watch the girls (and girls who like to be watched

the brown rose Bathroom
- another for scatological fecal freaks in shape of a giant sand box.

the ulta violet Bathroom
- a junky loo, for shooting up.

come on let's here some more suggestions...

This post has been edited by barend: 20 June 2004 - 09:08 AM

#19 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Laura @ Jun 19 2004, 10:52 PM)
- Sexual problems? What are you talking about, people having sex in bathrooms? I think people who want to have sex in public bathrooms, they're going to pick either the men's or women's room and just go with it. I seriously doubt that unisex bathrooms would increase the incidence of sex in bathrooms.

No, I meant more along the lines of sexual harassment or...worse.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#20 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 20 June 2004 - 02:09 PM

In one of the malls in Pensacola at one time, they had chalf boards and chalk in each stall to try to keep people from writing on the walls. Sort of off topic, but I still thought it was kind of funny. smile.gif

EDIT: Corrected a typo.

This post has been edited by Amber-Nicole: 20 June 2004 - 07:59 PM

"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

#21 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 20 June 2004 - 07:28 PM

I think you're being paranoid, Jane.

But even if you're right that unisex bathrooms aren't ready for big places full of strangers (like malls and highway rest stops, for example), they're still completely viable for private companies, schools, and other places where there's a limited number of people on the premises. That way, we can test out the concept on a wide scale while still keeping some safeguards against sexual harrassment: if you do anything out of line, you'll be reported to the authorities and there will be real consequences for your actions.

#22 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 June 2004 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Jane Sherwood @ Jun 19 2004, 10:30 PM)
Chefelf, I think a couple of the reasons for separate bathrooms are to protect people's modesty and avoid...sexual problems...

I just don't get what "sexual problems" could arise from having men and women sharing the same bathroom. I don't really care what sex the person in the stall next to me is.

Also, this would dramatically decrease women's waiting time to get into most bathrooms... while increasing men's.

I'm willing to make the sacrifice to level the playing field.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#23 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Laura @ Jun 20 2004, 07:28 PM)
I think you're being paranoid, Jane.

Well, I'm a very paranoid person.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#24 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Laura @ Jun 19 2004, 10:52 PM)
- Urinals are not necessary. A bathroom with just stalls would be fine, or a couple of one-room bathrooms like you have at home. Men know how to use stalls! And I'm sure not many would miss them.

Not necessary I'll agree, but they are the reason there is not a line out the male toilet door during intermission at the theatre and why the ladies have a queue a mile long.

I'll take my urinal any day purely for efficiency sake. tongue.gif
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#25 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:09 PM

But I think a lot of that is also that women spend a lot of time primping in front of the mirror, blocking the sinks, and chatting in the bathroom. Grow up girls!

Male presence would eliminate this gal-pallishness, leaving women no sanctuary of their own. I am in favor of this. Men and women are both fine in mixed groups, but in same-sex flocks they are both creepy.

#26 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:23 AM

Laura- Creepy in same sex groups? Why that's absurd! When I'm with my male friends we sit around for hours pretending to kill dragons, discussing dice roles and stats, talking about which anime chick is hot and comparing our friends to characters in the.... Oh... yes, creepy that's right... Comment withdrawn.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#27 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2004 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (Laura @ Jun 20 2004, 11:09 PM)
But I think a lot of that is also that women spend a lot of time primping in front of the mirror, blocking the sinks, and chatting in the bathroom. Grow up girls!

Male presence would eliminate this gal-pallishness, leaving women no sanctuary of their own. I am in favor of this. Men and women are both fine in mixed groups, but in same-sex flocks they are both creepy.

I don't know. There is a Unisex bathroom at one of the pubs in Sydney (can't forthe life of me remember which one it is now - but that's not the point). When I went in there it certainly didn't appear to have any impact on the girls chit-chatting and taking up a heap of mirror space.

No I think it's simpe logistics. There are more spaces available for males with the inclusion of urinals and as such our wait times are reduced.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#28 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:50 AM

They do talk alot in there. I've seen it first hand.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#29 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 21 June 2004 - 06:30 AM

We could conduct a casual experiment. The next time you encounter a busy bathroom, say at a sporting event or during intermission of a play, take a look around. If you're a women, are lots of women primping, are they taking longer to pee, or is there just a bigger volume of women who need to use the bathroom? If you're a man, are several stalls empty, while men use urinals instead, do the urinals seem to be saving a lot more time, etc?

I think this is a question that can only be solved by good old fashioned empirical observation. So, let's get out there and observe!

#30 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 21 June 2004 - 06:36 AM

Agreed. Objective observation of the bathrooms for both the genders will put this matter to rest..... no pun intended.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size