Chefelf.com Night Life: Quermian eye for the straight guy - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Quermian eye for the straight guy another moment in naming!!!

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Post icon  Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:42 AM

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but...

Yarael Poof the Quermian... huh.gif

Yarael Poof the Quer mian? blink.gif

quite an imagination there....

as if this guy didn't have enough problems already, what with that neck...
not the ideal neck for someone who fights with people who use lightsabers.

I mean wow, really...

#2 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:53 AM

You'd think wardrobe could've gotten creative with him. a turtleneck, or something. I'd have to think that on his home planet the collar would be closed a little more.

Oh I'm sorry. I'm nitpicking. Lucas is a genius.

#3 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:07 AM

AHAHAHAAA!! Do you really think they went with "Poof" intentionally? Do americans actually use that word?

My favorite is still the "death stick" pusher, (in the words of Chef Elf:) "who, I regret to inform you, just happens to be named Elan Sleazebaggano".

#4 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:24 AM

Yes, the name 'Poof' does not exactly strike terror into your heart, especially if you're British. But then the OT had some pretty stupid names too - remember 'Grand Moff' Tarkin? 'Moff' always makes me think of something fluffy and cuddly.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#5 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:40 AM

Yes, the name 'Poof' does not exactly strike terror into your heart, especially if you're British. But then the OT had some pretty stupid names too - remember 'Grand Moff' Tarkin? 'Moff' always makes me think of something fluffy and cuddly.

His enemies probably died laughing just looking at him.

Hey, in the PT, Lucas has insulted blacks, asians, italians......so why not homosexuals???

My favorite is still the "death stick" pusher, (in the words of Chef Elf:) "who, I regret to inform you, just happens to be named Elan Sleazebaggano". "

Elf is right! Who the hell pushes cigarettes in a bar? Was this some failed attempt by Lucas at an anti-smoking stance???

#6 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Mike Mac from NYU @ Jun 29 2004, 05:40 PM)
My favorite is still the "death stick" pusher, (in the words of Chef Elf:) "who, I regret to inform you, just happens to be named Elan Sleazebaggano". "

Elf is right! Who the hell pushes cigarettes in a bar? Was this some failed attempt by Lucas at an anti-smoking stance???

Oh God, yeah. Forget Padme and Artoo; this is by far the most embarrassing moment in the entire PT.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#7 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (HK 47 @ Jun 29 2004, 11:07 AM)
My favorite is still the "death stick" pusher, (in the words of Chef Elf:) "who, I regret to inform you, just happens to be named Elan Sleazebaggano".

Just for the record:

Barend knows the guy who played Elan Sleazebaggano!!!!!!!!

His name is He also played "Mouse" in the original Matrix movie. Sadly I have been unable to reach Mr. Matt Doran for comment... though I've tried like hell to get to him through barend.

QUOTE (barend)
as if this guy didn't have enough problems already, what with that neck...
not the ideal neck for someone who fights with people who use lightsabers.

Damn! I wish I'd thought of that before. "Poof" is just a terrifically bad name.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#8 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, I hope we can get "mouse" to come here.

And, back on topic, speaking of "eyes" does Poof looks cross-eyed to you?

And speaking of names, there should be a whole another topic on this... okay...
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#9 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:16 PM

Poof the Queer Man at that!!!!

as for Matt, he'll be back in Australia in November. Last time he was here, it was only for a week, and he didn't drop in on any of his friends...

well at least not two of us...

It's funny though, cause Elan was ment to be a medical Student who fell in with the wrong crowd...

but then ofcourse he went to rethink his life....

how well do you honestly think the practice of a doctor named SLEEZEBAGano would do?

#10 User is offline   Xombie Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:35 AM

They call me MISTER Poof!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size