Chefelf.com Night Life: Doggie mastermind learns 200 words - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Doggie mastermind learns 200 words Friday, June 11, 2004

#16 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 13 June 2004 - 09:45 AM

I can tell you that kitties are most definately not cold. I own 21 cats, and 6 dogs. I'm that crazy cat lady, I suppose. I'm out in the country on 50 acres of land, so it's not like I don't have the space for them. They go in and out as they please, and they also go in and out of my grandmother's house, who lives on the property. Many were strays that I picked up, or I got them from the local humane society to rescue them from euthanization. I've snuggled them and played with them ever since there were little, or ever since I brought them into my home, if they were already grown. They are all quite affectionate, and always seem to be there to cheer me up when I've had a rough day.

The dogs on the other hand, are a mess. The four large ones stay outside. They're icky and they drool and roll in the mud. They can still be fun to play with, and they are sweet. I love them, but I just prefer the cats. wub.gif
"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

#17 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:14 AM

Fair enough - from your experiences, I can quite understand your love of cats. I haven't had such good experiences with cats, while I've had wonderful experiences with dogs, both my own and other people's.

#18 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 13 June 2004 - 02:27 PM

What's so annoying about little dogs? Most of the toy breeds are the ones that are actually fun in my opinion.

#19 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 13 June 2004 - 07:13 PM

They yap too much. Yap yap yap yap yap.... and generally their owners are really stupid people who spoil them too much and encourage annoying behaviour.

#20 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 14 June 2004 - 03:17 AM

I agree that my cat wouldnt help me from a burning building but that's her choice and I respect that. For me it just comes down to the eyes. When you look into a cat's eyes you can tell there's a little kitty soul in there. A dogs eyes always just seem dull and exp​ressionless. Purring is also a clear benefit of cats, as is self-cleansing.

Small dogs I usually dont like although they fit hteir owners well. My aunt was one of those small dog spoilers and she was just a great person though her whole house did smell of dog.

I actually do like some dogs, but it's on a case to case basis. I'm usually more affable with pyrenese or shephers. The dumb dogs that like to slobber on you too much and smell bad I don't dig as much. I have an odd story about dogs though, probably the only time I'd ever really cared a lot for a dog. I was walking home in the rain one day and I met a pack of three stray dogs, one of them was a big white one. They followed me for miles in driving rain for no good reason. The other two turned back but the white one followed me. It saw me to my drive way and then I shooed the poor thing off, knowing I couldn't keep it.

Of course the story dosnt end there. One bright day on the way to work when I had to walk yet again I met the self same canine. He trailed after me and I petted him whenever I stopped. We passed the better part of three miles like that. I understood that he wasn't following me just for the hell of it. I was a human. A warmth bearer, a water bearer, a food bearer. That is what humans are to dogs. He had elected me as the leader of his pack. I actually did feel really grateful for that. A ways down the road the dog ran off into a field. Some jack ass old redneck drove by and told me to get my dog out of the field. I had no time to think of the fact that he really was my dog and said that he wasnt. The guy said he was going to call the dog warden. Why I have no idea, just being an idiot who thinks he owns his land even though nothing was being hurt. So he drove off and I turned in a completely random direction and led the dog with me. I couldn't take him to work but I ran as fast as I could and reached a pretty nice suburban neighborhood.

Suburbia means kids and kids have their own warmth bearers and water bearers and food bearers. And sometimes, sometimes when a kid sees a dog their provider is forced to become the dog's provider by various means of childish convincing that are impossible to resist. So I told my dog to stay there and left him for the last time. He actually did stay. Good god this probably sounds really sappy but if anyone says anything I'll say I justm ade it up. Note to self erase this part, as it is probably a clue to my intentions should I be discovered.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#21 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:50 AM

Ah, that was a very nice story actually. I liked it.

However, I don't understand how you think there's nothing when you look in a dog's eyes. I see lots of soul and character in the eyes of dogs.

I see character in the eyes of cats do, but it most of the ones I've seen, it seems somewhat colder.

But I guess that's why you're a cat person and I'm a dog person.

#22 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:44 AM

dogs are like boys: they defend you and are loyalish, and are happy just to see you.

cats are like girls: they walk around as if to say "look at me i'm wonderful, now pet me" *scratch hiss scratch* "i've had enough... prrrr"

#23 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:36 PM

I can hardly take a walk outside without a dog barking at me until I leave. Thusly, I have come to associate dogs with rednecks.

#24 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:02 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Ninja Duck. I love your comment though, Barend.

#25 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:46 PM

I know there's something there but cats eyes are just so much more intelligent.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#26 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2004 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Jun 14 2004, 02:44 PM)
dogs are like boys: they defend you and are loyalish, and are happy just to see you.

cats are like girls: they walk around as if to say "look at me i'm wonderful, now pet me" *scratch hiss scratch* "i've had enough... prrrr"

While I prefer cats, 'tis so damn true...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#27 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 15 June 2004 - 08:52 AM

Love it. Have to disagree with J M about dog's eyes though. Some of them are very intelligent. He obviously hasn't met some of the dogs I've been acquainted with over the years.

#28 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:06 PM

dog is god spelt backwards.

and cat is tac spelled backwards...

hmmm....

#29 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:08 PM

actually, the ancient egyptians believed cats to BE gods...

i theorise that this all came about bacause, cats walk around like they own the place...

#30 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:01 AM

Bah you guys can have your dogs, I want a creature that is willing to look down on me, cut me, bother me until I feed it, slay me if I try to give it a bath and occasionally trip me and send me sprawling to my death, but while I'm laying in a pool of my own blood it might just lick me and be really cute.

Yeah I'm odd.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size