Chefelf.com Night Life: A list of demands for George Lucas. - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

A list of demands for George Lucas.

#16 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:12 PM

I think the James Bond Series is messed up enough without Lucas help! 

Although, I do think that both Goldeneye would be vastly improved if Jar-Jar Binks replaced Joe Don 'Mitchell!" Bake'rs role. {God what a pointless embarassing role...reminiscent of that fat southern sheriff in :The Man with the Golden Gun"

That would be a be a blast!!! 

Could also replace Robbie Coltrane's role with Jango Fett!!! {another bad, pointless role in Goldeneye}

Have Ian MacDiarmind[sp?) replace Judi Dench M. {which actually wouldn;t be a bad bit of casting for the role of M cool.gif }

To top it off get Ewan MacGregor to play James Bond. And Hayden Christianson to play Miss Moneypenny laugh.gif laugh.gif

#17 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:53 PM

I haven't really liked any of the Bond movies since Pierce Brosnan took over. It's not him I have a problem with, it's the general style of the movies. These days they seem just like any other Hollywood action movie - one long sequence of fights, chases, explosions and the occasional sex scene.

I know a lot of people liked Goldeneye, but I really didn't. It's just far, far too... nineties. In the early films Bond could make misogynistic comments and still sound cool; now he just sounds like a prat. And then there's all the 'oh look, aren't we PC' elements like making 'M' a woman and having Bond pursue Moneypenny rather than the other way round.

I used to love the Bond series, but I've just got tired of it. I haven't even seen the latest one because my friend told me it was really bad. To be honest, I think it's probably time to call it a day for the series - not that that will happen while there's still money to be squeezed out of it, of course.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#18 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:37 PM

Give up all control of the Star Wars franchise and name to me, Mike Mac & Civilian Two

Ha, brilliant. All your idea's condradict one another and in the end you'd probably kiss ass to civilians point of view. Not because he's right, but becaues he can make fun of you in a more humorous manner, and seceretly we all hate him for it.

1) Sell the franchise

2) Rename the PT to: PT alternative beggining part 1, 2, 3

3) Apology for bringing up our hopes to ultimately killing them in the pits of hell

4) Stop Using CG so much

5) Stop casting poncey prissy fresh faced nancy boy actors. And when he cast's good actors, try not powder them up and make them look like gillette cover boys. They all look so clean and pretty.

Now that I think about it, why couldn't Anaking be ugly or at least plain? More people can relate to the problems of a plain dick or jane than that of a Hayden Christensen, Ben Affleck, etc..
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#19 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:35 PM

I know a lot of people liked Goldeneye, but I really didn't. It's just far, far too... nineties. In the early films Bond could make misogynistic comments and still sound cool; now he just sounds like a prat. And then there's all the 'oh look, aren't we PC' elements like making 'M' a woman and having Bond pursue Moneypenny rather than the other way round.

Fully Agree! The Brosnan era was supposed to save Bond films, instead it has actually destroyed the franchise and turned bond into more of a dinosaur.

I fully believe that Timothy Dalton never got his due with Bond.

Out of all the bonds, Timothy Dalton was the only one that you really could believe was an actual British secret service agent.

The James Bond series could have continued perfectly if they gave Dalton's movies the same budget they gave Brosnan's movies.

Goldeneye started out great with the opening teaser. But once the actual movie started, it just became so flat and uninteresting.

IMO, Sean Bean would have made a better Bond than Brosnan.

#20 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:38 PM

3) Apology for bringing up our hopes to ultimately killing them in the pits of hell

The chances of that happening are as likely as the chance of civilian two or I, admitting to each other that we are wrong!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

4) Stop Using CG so much

5) Stop casting poncey prissy fresh faced nancy boy actors. And when he cast's good actors, try not powder them up and make them look like gillette cover boys. They all look so clean and pretty.

Isn;t this a problem with ALL movies these days??? unsure.gif

#21 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:44 PM

used to love the Bond series, but I've just got tired of it. I haven't even seen the latest one because my friend told me it was really bad.

Be glad you didn't see it :yuck:

Halle Berry is as inappropriate a Bond girl as Grace Jones was {and that isn;t a rip on black women!!} Why don;t they have J. Lo or Britney Spears be a Bond girl while they are at it.

I stopped watching Bond Films after the disappointment of Goldeneye. I do read the John Gardner Bond books which I personally will say are SUPERB and give the best depiction of the character of James Bond.

For No Deals, Mr Bond, Role of Honor, Scorpius and License Renewed are my favorites!!!

#22 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:58 PM

Mike, everything you say about Timothy Dalton is right on. His movies were flat, but he was great. GOLDENEYE is better than you're giving it credit for: the fact is, the BOND movies are pretty formulaic, and they always end in a huge airplane hangar full of explosive tanks and running mooks. GOLDENEYE played with the formula a bit, and had some of the damned prettiest Bond women ever assembed, Moneypenny included (I haven't forgotten the girls of LICENSE TO KILL). And of course a lot of folk at the time (well me, my brother, some othr pople I know) noticed Sean Bean and lamented that he had not been Bond. Anyway, just as well: it's a good idea to have a geninely charismatic, interesting and motivated villain (listen up, Lucas!).

J Lo would actually make a good Bond girl. The point of the Bond girl is to be a snapshot of the beauty standard of the time, so why not J Lo?

Anyway, yes the franchise is dead. The whole espionage thing lost its charm with the fall of the Soviet Union. Now it's all mad bombers and terrorist cells: great for a serious film, but no fun for a sexy spy movie.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#23 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 15 June 2004 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Mike Mac from NYU @ Jun 15 2004, 08:35 PM)
I fully believe that Timothy Dalton never got his due with Bond.

Out of all the bonds, Timothy Dalton was the only one that you really could believe was an actual British secret service agent.

The James Bond series could have continued perfectly if they gave Dalton's movies the same budget they gave Brosnan's movies.

Absolutely. A lot of people didn't like Dalton because they considered his portrayal of Bond to be too 'dark' and nasty, but it was actually pretty close to the Bond of Ian Fleming's original stories. A combination of him and Connery's Bond would have been perfect.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

#24 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:13 PM

I'm probably the biggest bond fan here, my desktop theme can back that up everytime I start my cpu to the sound of dum da-da-dum, dum dum dum dum-da da-dum.

I liked every bond on the screen. I don't hate any of them. I even liked Lazenby, whom everyone hates for some reason. Well, I know the reason, he was the first non-Connery bond so got the wrath of angry fans who hate drastic change.

Dalton was not a bad Bond at all. The scripts in the 80's began to drop fast, it was not his fault. The great (and short lived) revival started with Golden Eye.

Best Bond: Sean Connery

Best Bond Film: Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Thunerball

Best Villan: Robert Carlyle

Carlyle played Renard. The man who had no sense of feeling. He could not feel hot nor cold, pain nor ecstacy due to a bullet planted deep in his brain. The bullet was slowly killing him. Even though he could not feel pleasure or pain, he had more emotional feel than any other bond villian. His character was a tragic one. Unfortunatly he died in a floppy manner, but whatever.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#25 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:06 PM

I'm probably the biggest bond fan here, my desktop theme can back that up everytime I start my cpu to the sound of dum da-da-dum, dum dum dum dum-da da-dum.

I liked every bond on the screen. I don't hate any of them. I even liked Lazenby, whom everyone hates for some reason. Well, I know the reason, he was the first non-Connery bond so got the wrath of angry fans who hate drastic change.

I love all of the bond films too, except the Pierce Brosnan ones. But if you like them that's cool with me.

Goldeney is clearly the best of the Brosnan bonds , the other three I didn't like.

George Lazenby did a great job as Bond in OHMSS! I don;t think Sean Connery could have delivered those great romantic scenes with Diana Rigg. Or give the same sadness at the tragic end of that movie. Lazenby did fine.

Best Bond: Timothy Dalton {he was true to the Ian Fleming character}

Best Bond Film : On Her Majesty's Secret Service {crushing realistic ending!!}

Best Bond Villain: I am gonna be avant garde here and say that Franz Sanchez COULD have been the best Bond Villain. But I will go with the old standard of Auric Goldfinger!

Best Bond Girl: That girl from For Your Eyes Only {god! what was her name?? She was in the Channel No. 5 commercials! She also starred in that writing movie with Christopher Walken???}

Hottest Bond Girl: For some reason, Barbara Bach just turned me on in The Spy who Loved me. She looked hot in that little skimpy number in the end sequence aboard the Atlantis. Am I off target here??

Worst Bond Girl: Denise Richards in TWINE. I mean sure she is hot.....but c'mon! A scientist??????????{I won;t include Grace Jones here......dunnon why, but I won't}

Worst Bond Villain: Herve Villechaize in TMGG. Embarassing role for the guy. At least Tatto had a modicum of dignity in Fantasy Island. [I am surprised that Ricardo "Khan" Montalban never became a Bond villain?? He would be perfect for one!!!}

Best Bond Car: WIthout a doubt....the white Lotus Esprit in The Spy Who loved me". Damnit..I still want one of those things!!!!!!!!

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:35 PM

Barends demands....

1. MASSIVE RECALL!!!!

2. SW:OT unnaffected DVD Box Sets with;
a. Polystone statuettes (ala LOTR:EE) Ep4. Death Star, Ep5. Slave 1, Ep6. the Rancor.
b. Cast Comentary [Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Peter Mahew, David Powse, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels,]
c. all TV specials (esp. Muppet Show and Seasame Street)/ interviews / aired 'making of's / SNL and other Satires including that thing with that cool dog with cigar puppet at the convention / Documentary on all the books, comics, games etc. /
d. original trailers
e. cast screen tests
f. recent cast interviews (these people are brutally honest)
g. 'The Star Wars Holiday Special' easter egg feature (what the hell, why not)
h. model shots, deleted scenes (unedited), out-takes and bloopers.

*if he does that... he can do what he likes with the prequels.

3. public apology.

4. Remake the Prequels, Get the story written by Kasdan and Zahn, with ideas from James Cameron (he's had some great ones over the years), Directed by Ridley Scot, Poduction by Peter Jackson and WETA, Hayden Christianson and Mat Doran should swap rolls, and George Lucas can walk away with 'Producer' 'Executive Producer' 'Original concept by' 'Assistant Director' (the man does have some talent - just keep him away from the actors), minimum blue screening and CGI, and of course we can keep Skywalker Sound and John Williams.

and this time actually base it on the OT...

5. Lucas Arts Brand 'Jar Jar Dart boards'

6. More 'Knights of the Old Rebublic' style games

7. Pazaak decks.

-----------------------------------------------
there, I think that covers it for me...

oh, and if they made a film version of KOTOR, Kate Becinsale should so play Bastila... don't you think.

This post has been edited by barend: 15 June 2004 - 07:37 PM

#27 User is offline   Mist Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:57 PM

A few people said eliminate or lock away the new ones. If that happened, sometime, somewhere, it might be repeated. sad.gif It's possible, if only barely.

This post has been edited by Mist: 15 June 2004 - 09:57 PM

I'm comfortably numb.

Jimbo: We had to kill them to keep them from going extinct.

#28 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:14 AM

I don't believe it - another James Bond discussion started up. Why don't you guys ever start a James Bond discussion in the Movie Theatre forum? You obviously are all very interested in it and I'm sure any Bond topic would be a hot topic in the space of five minutes.

That said, I'd just like to share my agreement with a lot of things people said. Mike, THANK YOU for listing the spanish midget from The Man with the Golden Gun as the worst bond villain - he annoyed the shit out of me. And James Bond didn't even kill him! Very, very disappointing. I would have thrown him over the side of the boat without a single moment of hesitation. I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep over it either.

Although I did wonder why you said you liked all the Bonds - I thought Roger Moore, while sometimes he was okay, was terribly bland in a few of his films... and he never looked the part. He's not handsome by any definition of the word - and he's not suave.

And yes, everyone - Sean Bean would have made a great Bond. Actually, although it would be a radical change from previous incarnations, I'd be kind of curious to see what Robert Carlyle could do with the role.

Anything else to mention - I thought Goldeneye was good all round entertainment. And how could anyone not like Robbie Coltrane?

Okay back to the main topic, I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's demands. Good to see we all emphasize the importance of getting the original movies, in their untainted format, on DVD. That's the first priority.

Recalling the prequels and getting an apology is pretty high up as well.

#29 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Jun 16 2004, 01:35 AM)
oh, and if they made a film version of KOTOR, Kate Becinsale should so play Bastila... don't you think.

Yeah, everyone seems to think that! Here's a picture of her in 'Van Helsing' - just give her Jedi robes and a lightsaber and she's Bastila to a T. And she's British as well, so she could do the accent... Sorry, I've already started to put together my fantasy KOTOR cast.

Back to Bond (yeah, I know it's off topic, sorry):

My favourite Bond film is actually The Living Daylights. I'm not sure if that's because it's the first one I saw, but I really like it. It really captures the Cold War atmosphere well, and there's a great chase scene where Bond and his girlfriend sledge down a mountain on a cello case.

I like all the Bond actors in different ways. IMO, Sean Connery is the closest to Fleming's Bond (though Timothy Dalton comes close). Roger Moore is the funniest. Dalton is the best at making Bond seem like a real human being rather than a comic-book character. Pierce Brosnan is gorgeous. And Lazenby... well, he was only in one film, but he was lucky enough to get the one where Bond gets married.

My favourite villain is definitely Franz Sanchez in Licence to Kill - one of the few Bond villains who manages to seem genuinely menacing. Least favourite is the midget guy in The Man with the Golden Gun (which was a really bad film overall).

I don't really have a favourite Bond girl, though I agree with Mike that the one from FYEO was quite good (her name was Carole Bouquet). Least favourite is a tie between Mary Goodnight in TMwtGG and Stacey Sutton in View to a Kill.

#30 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:39 AM

I don't believe it - another James Bond discussion started up. Why don't you guys ever start a James Bond discussion in the Movie Theatre forum? You obviously are all very interested in it and I'm sure any Bond topic would be a hot topic in the space of five minutes.

Too right, jyamg! ohmy.gif . Sorry! biggrin.gif

Helena, Jordan. I'm moving this detailed James Bond discussion to the Movie forum on this site. See you guys there. smile.gif

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size