• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Geaorge Lucarse the woo maker...

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 May 2004 - 09:32 PM

okay so going back to the romance... WTF?!? blink.gif

Lucas was maried for quite a while, and was romantiacly entangled with Linda Ronstad for a bit. did he actually woo these women with the "sand get's up your ass, your skin is smooth, wanna make out?" aproach? huh.gif

seriously... the Nerds that worship him have enough trouble picking up girls without this seriously pathetic attempt at screen romance giving them more bad ideas... yell.gif

poor dateless freaks... sad.gif

#2 Guest_Helena_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:16 AM

What I find even more appalling than Anakin's pick-up lines is the fact that Padme falls for them. Does the woman have no self-respect whatsoever? Are we seriously supposed to believe that Anakin's good looks (not that he's even THAT good-looking) are enough to blind her to his obsessive, stalker-like behaviour and his total lack of maturity and sophistication?

Note to any of those 'dateless freaks': If you're trying to impress a woman, talking about sand and saying things like "you are in my very soul, tormenting me" is not the way to do it. In real life, lines like that will earn you either a groan of disgust or a slap in the face.

#3 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:24 AM

Helena, that reminds me; you are similar to the sand in many ways:
1. You are corporial.
2. You are grainy.
3. You are HOT. (especially after soaking up the heat of the sun for 12 hours.)
4. You are in my very soul, tormenting me.
5. Your natural habitat is the beach.

#4 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:37 AM

A better thing to note is the lack of consitency in Padme's character.

Here is a woman who tells Anakin in Ep. I that she hates violence. She seems to have a very high standard of justice and good. Yet she practically overlooks the fact that this guy she is going to marry murdered a bunch of innocent Sandpeople children and families. Padme practically tells the guy that it is alright and that everything is okay, as if all Anakin did was come home drunk late one evening{which has now become a punishable by death crime in my household these days yell.gif }

I mean seriously to those women on this forum, f your boyfriend told you that he just murdered a bunch of hispanic women and children because his mother got killed by a hispanic, what would your response be? Would you go ahead and marry this guy? Or would you be running as far away from this psycho as you possible could? I mean is Padme that desperate to get laid? I mean she should have no trouble getting some, considering her position and looks. Besides if she did have a problem 'getting some" I am sure with all the technological advances in the Star Wars universe, there are PLENTY of alternatives available. I'll leave that up to everyone's imagination. wink.gif wink.gif ;.

The inconsistency in Amaidala's behavior is such a prime examle of the horrible writing and character development in the PTs.

Character development- Probably the biggest difference between the old trilogy and the new.

#5 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:40 AM

Besides if she did have a problem 'getting some" I am sure with all the technological advances in the Star Wars universe, there are PLENTY of alternatives available. I'll leave that up to everyone's imagination.  ;.

Well...it does say in the Star Wars Technical Journal that astromech droids are ALL-PURPOSE droids..............hmmmmm.................. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

#6 Guest_Helena_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Mike Mac from NYU @ Jun 1 2004, 11:40 AM)
Besides if she did have a problem 'getting some" I am sure with all the technological advances in the Star Wars universe, there are PLENTY of alternatives available. I'll leave that up to everyone's imagination.   ;.

Well...it does say in the Star Wars Technical Journal that astromech droids are ALL-PURPOSE droids..............hmmmmm.................. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Anyone else remember that unfortunate droid on Dantooine in Knights of the Old Republic? biggrin.gif

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:48 PM

Not familiar. But I remember Artoo plugging into the DS and at the Cloud City.
(followed by whistling, head spinning and smoking wink.gif )

#8 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Jun 1 2004, 12:17 PM)
Anyone else remember that unfortunate droid on Dantooine in Knights of the Old Republic? biggrin.gif

That part was awesome! The woman kinda creeped me out a bit though. I felt bad for the droid because he was basically a sex slave to her.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#9 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 02 June 2004 - 02:01 AM

I really think the main problem with the padme and anakin romance is that it was sooo damned obvious. I mean yeah it is a prequel but they don't have to throw everything in your face. Lucas did a really great job of ignoring some of the plot of the OT but he made certain that the things that were obvious were going to be obvious. For instance, the silly midiclorian idea really had nothing to do with anything so it could be a total screw up and none of the duncefucks at the movies would be confused since they can't understand why "NOT THIS CRUDE MATTER" Conflicts with "the force is given to us by tiny organic MATTER in our bodies"

Rather than worry about tiny details Lucas decided to focus on making sure that the biggest idiot on earth knew immediately that Padme was Anakin's love interest. "Hi, are you an angel?" translates roughly to "I'm going to boink you six ways to sunday, youre going to have two kids and then die." So around the middle of ep1 we all knew EXACTLY what would happen to Padme's character. And in ep2 the idiocy about padme was replaced with "ATTENTION: ANAKIN WILL BECOME VADER" They really made sure that Anakin was not a likable character in a sea of unlikable characters. I'm surprised Lucas didn't slip in a bit of dialogue like this:

Obi: "Anakin have you powered up the couplings on the starfighter yet?"
Anakin: "I already told you master I'll do it vader... errr I mean later"

If they had spent less time having Anakin hit on Padme in ep1 and do really nifty stuff like fly star fighters they would have had time to explain what the hell the war was about and how it had anything to do with anything.

If they had stopped making Anakin look like a young Adolf Hitler in the second ep they would have had time to explain... well... the entire second ep. Especially the lunacy with the seperatists. "We are the idealist seperatists... our ideals are as follows: we like to be seperate." And just what point was there in attacking naboo anyhow? I mean it dosn't look like that great of a planet at all. In fact it was NEVER explained in ep1 what Palpatine and that big lipped idiot hoped to accomplish by attacking naboo.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#10 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 02 June 2004 - 02:32 AM

firstly...
Obi: "Anakin have you powered up the couplings on the starfighter yet?"
Anakin: "I already told you master I'll do it vader... errr I mean later"

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAH HAHAHA AHAHAH ha...

secondly, if the trade fed. had taken over Naboo by the end of ep.1 it would have been a much better ending to perpetuate the rest of a story.
Padme has to leave the planet for obvious reasons and is no longer a queen, because she no longer has a place to rule, not 'cause she served her two gad damned terms (again WTF?). Plus it would be the first step in building the empire. Palpatine hasn't done shit yet... he got a jedi killed... THAT'S IT!!! so, anyway... with NAboo under the rule of the trade federation (eventually to be anexed in the name of the EMPIRE) there's no reason for us to know about the planets existence by Ep4. thus everything is in a neat little package...

#11 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:27 AM

Sheesh, don't even get me started on the 'elected queen' crap. Ask any British person how ludicrous that idea is. If Naboo had to have a representative government, why couldn't they have made her a constitutional monarch?

And while we're bashing Padme, what is with her outfits? Honestly, she must spend half of Naboo's GDP on the damn things. Our (unelected) queen gets enough stick for wasting taxpayers' money as it is; if she started dressing up like Amidala I think we'd rapidly be seeing a reintroduction of the guillotine.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#12 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2004 - 10:24 AM

"And while we're bashing Padme, what is with her outfits? Honestly, she must spend half of Naboo's GDP on the damn things. Our (unelected) queen gets enough stick for wasting taxpayers' money as it is; if she started dressing up like Amidala I think we'd rapidly be seeing a reintroduction of the guillotine."

She changed outfits more than an Oscar award host!!! laugh.gif

What is also annoying is the fact that out of all those costumes only two of them were good to look at. That piece with the "white-hair" number & that dark-purple with the long hair tresses. The rest are just too damn ridiculous looking and impractical. I know Lucas was going for the 'asian' culture feel, but damn!! huh.gif

#13 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2004 - 10:28 AM

"secondly, if the trade fed. had taken over Naboo by the end of ep.1 it would have been a much better ending to perpetuate the rest of a story."

Nice idea. I don't like it for some reason. Can't think of one. But it will come up.

#14 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2004 - 10:35 AM

""secondly, if the trade fed. had taken over Naboo by the end of ep.1 it would have been a much better ending to perpetuate the rest of a story."

Nice idea. I don't like it for some reason. Can't think of one. But it will come up. "

I know!!

1. It makes the liberation of Naboo into too much of a storyline in the overall trilogy. I think Naboo's importance is already overblown in this damn trilogy.

2. It sort of creates an 'unhappy" ending for the first movie of the trilogy. You know the bad guys win concept that Empire Strikes Back developed. I don't think it is wise to do this, especially when the 2nd and third movies will have 'unhappy endings'. Hence you would have three movies that end with the bad guys winning in the end. Don;t know if this is good for the trilogy ona whole

3. It would kind of make the whole plot structure of Episode 1 pointless. I mean Episode 1 is about the liberation of Naboo. You would probably have to restructure the whole theme of Episode 1. [Which might not be a bad thing}

#15 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 June 2004 - 12:18 PM

I am conflicted on the whole "federation taking over Naboo" subject. I think both sides could have a good argument.

However, it is stupid that Lucas made his shabby 12-year-old-attempting-to-emulate-Empire-Strikes-Back attempt in AOTC. Having the last two films in the trilogy have a "downer" ending is pretty poor. Lucas's planning is suspect. It seems like he's making the movies by the seat of his pants, one at a time, rather than planning the story arc of the trilogy in advance. He just figured he'd make a downer ending to match up with ESB without remembering all the horror that is supposed to unfold in the third movie.

No matter how much he talks of how dark the third movie will be, I don't believe it for a second.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked