Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Episode VI: The Fan Holocaust new and improved

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:02 PM

I think Anikan should be replaced by a young Jon Gutner...

that would work for me....

honestly though, it's like having your girlfriend/wife brutally murdered then exhumed years later and painted up like a circus crak whore with strings attached to make here dance the macarena!!!

why doesn't he just CGI:
- R2D2s dome so it is a big pepsi logo,
- an aditional three Greedos who keep shooting at han during the whole conversation at the table with the original Greedo
- ETs planet celebrating at the end
- ALFs planet celebrating at the end
- Bibfortuna a Rasta hat
- a Matrix Reloaded dance scene during the extended Sy Snootles performance Mega Mix (cause' that new song was so fucking subtle george).
- Jar Jars Identical son over Salacious Crumb
- Howard the Duck over captain Neida.

but honestly just imagine these other Greedos wildly firing at the wall behind Han, while he and greedo have the same conversation as if nothings happening.

#17 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:18 PM

Whoa.... let's not give Lucas any ideas.....

#18 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:26 PM

What bothers me about this picture if it is a "real deal", is that it means that Lucas is definately going to CGI the death scene of Vader and add in Hayden's head.

<sigh> I just give up completely. Karma is going to get you Lucas. We may not be able to touch you, but the Universal balance is going to give you a right royal bollocking.

This post has been edited by Supes: 25 May 2004 - 11:41 PM

Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#19 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:45 PM

it better...

#20 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:59 AM

I like the multiple greedo gunfight. Maybe they could do like one of those wild west shows? Lord Knows (meaning Lucas this time) Ep. 4 could use a lot more CGI!

Reminds me of the early days of my print experience when someone insisted I use two sided artboards. When working on the face side, the table side gets all skuffed up (but you're saving material!)

#21 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:55 AM

Just had a thought - maybe..... just maybe.... the picture could be a fake. Because if Lucas did want to CGI Hayden Christensen in and have a young looking Anakin spirit, then why didn't he CGI Ewan McGregor over Alec Guiness?

Maybe it's because Lucas is such a fool, he can't even pull off a mistake properly... but there could be a chance it's just a hoax. God, I hope it is!

#22 Guest_Helena_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ May 26 2004, 09:55 AM)
Just had a thought - maybe..... just maybe.... the picture could be a fake.  Because if Lucas did want to CGI Hayden Christensen in and have a young looking Anakin spirit, then why didn't he CGI Ewan McGregor over Alec Guiness?

Maybe it's because Lucas is such a fool, he can't even pull off a mistake properly... but there could be a chance it's just a hoax.  God, I hope it is!

Like you said, don't give him any ideas...

#23 User is offline   Ferris Wiel Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:44 PM

I love to quote myself:

I think it's all just a clever ruse. This whole Hayden Christensen version of Anakin will finally reach its end:

HAYDEN
(Glowering for no apparent reason) I said NO dewback berries in my Jawa Juice! I'm feeling so angry! And maybe even EVIL!

EWAN
(Apparently used to these outbursts, looks up from his breakfast at the DINER) Hmm? Is something wrong, Anakin?

HAYDEN
(Petulant) Your space-pancakes look nicer than mine. And they broke the yolks on my Taun-taun eggs that were supposed to be Tatooine-binary-sunny-side-up. They don't look anything like the hologram in the lazer-menu.

EWAN
I have to go use the little-droids-room. (Exits)

Suddenly, in bursts a man in a dark and familiar robotic suit, breathing with a respirator. It is, of course...

DARTH VADER
I am on orders to destroy all JEDI! Prepare to face death and become one with the FORCE!

HAYDEN
Cool! I always wanted to join the Sith! It would be so Goth! I have almost all of The Cure's albums!

DARTH VADER
Do you have any of Robert Smith's solo work?

HAYDEN
No, I... *gasp CRUNCH*

DARTH VADER
Infidel!!!

DARTH kills HAYDEN. Nobody in the cafe notices because in the LUCAS universe nobody pays attention to other people. DARTH suddenly gets a HOLO-MESSAGE on his WRIST TRANCEIVER

PALPEMPEROR
You fool! It is too soon. We haven't revealed ourselves yet! You must adopt a disguise!

DARTH VADER
Yes, my master.

DARTH looks around frantically. He then snaps his FINGERS. He has a horribly, awfully, wonderfully SITH-Y idea. He ducks below camera view and you see clothes being removed from HAYDEN. DARTH throws Hayden's CORPSE out the window. Again, nobody notices.

EWAN returns from his bathroom break.

EWAN
Well, I see your mood has improved.

ANIVADER
(Dressed now in Hyaden's old clothes, Vader looks ridiculous to anybody who doesn't worship Lucas. He has a wig that looks like Hayden's hair and he is wearing the leather Jedi gear over his body armor.) Yum! This breakfast is great!

EWAN
Is there something different about you?

--FW

#24 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:00 PM

Doesn't Anakin look like he just finished smoking though a bong.

He's got that look like he's about to say:

"Dude. I am like so stoked that you switched me over to the goodside. Righteous!!!!"

If ever you needed concrete proof that Hayden Christianson was bad for the Anakin role, this picture is it.

BTW I agree that it is DEFINATELY a fake.

This would be perfect if they cut back to Luke watching the three apparitions as a look of confusion appeared on his face. "Who the fuck is that dude with Yoda and Ben?"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

and Ben's response would be to roll his eyes to the camera and say "Don't ask."

#25 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:06 PM

Why doesn't Lucas have Paula Shore stand in as Obi-Wan Kenobi, while are at it. :yuck:

I don't think Sir Alec Guiness could even tolerate being in the same room with Haydn much less acting in a seen with him. {or maybe he would........hmmmm.................Sir Ian McKellan..........british company actors...............JUST KIDDING!!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif } :

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:14 PM

the ghost of Jar JAr might make it easier on us...

but either way i don't give a fuck!!!

I'm sorry... there is a place in Sydney called moore park. every year we have what's called the Royal Easter Show (an 'in the city' country fair that evolved into a place fulll of joy rides, those crocked ring toss/balloon shoot/etc. ,show bags, junk food that doen't exist any where else, all sorts of cool stuff). now this show last 2 weeks a year, and for decades it was at this really cool place, then FOX STUDIOS set up shop there and mooved the show out to Sydney's mid-far west (away from the city) where it's really turned to shit... my childhood was destroyed... i could never go back... so many memories down the shitter!

but then i heard they were filming the new star wars prequels there... oh, i was exited and thought well this this should make up for loosing half my childhood, by expanding on the other - now i have niether!!!

I hope you understand just how deep my hatred runs on this topic...

he can put whatever the fuck he likes in the old trilogy, cause it's it's all dead to me now annyway... if i can't get the original, then for all i care he can dub Lando so that every time he says "it's not my fault!" he instead says "uh-oh spagettio"... he can dub Haydens whinny voice over James Earl Jones'... why not CGI Leo DeCaprio over Mark Hamil, Jennifer Lopez over Carrie Fisher, Richard Simmons over C3P0, and so on... fuck it... if it's not the original who gives a fuck what he does... cause i'm going to watch while putting on lipstick and sharpening an axe AND LAUGHING LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER until my paint thinner milkshake comes out my nose at what and absurd world we live in where Television is scummy unscripted people being boring and Film is a film you like being painted over into something you don't !!!

#27 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:12 AM

The thing with anakin appearing younger and the others staying old doesn't really bother me that much. I'd imagine being a ghost is a sort of "present yourself in your ideal image" kind of thing. Both Obi Wan and Yoda don't really have any problems with appearing old; if anything it signifies their great wisdom, when they have reached the peak of their knowledge and skill with the force. Anakin, however, was an evil dark side lord for much of his adult life. I, for one, can understand how he might not want to appear that way, especially since he would look terribly grotesque. Therfore, it makes sense that he would choose to appear how he looked when he was at his peak as a jedi (and not an evil dark sith lord thing).

#28 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:26 AM

Good point. I also would like to say... Barend, I understand your pain. Oh yes, I understand.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size