Chefelf.com Night Life: VIRGIN COUPLE: WHY CAN'T WE CONCEIVE? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

VIRGIN COUPLE: WHY CAN'T WE CONCEIVE? Thursday, May 20, 2004

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:22 PM

VIRGIN COUPLE: WHY CAN'T WE CONCEIVE?
May 18 2004

From Allan Hall In Berlin

FERTILITY doctors were baffled when a perfectly-healthy couple claimed they couldn't have children - until they confessed they had never made love.

The husband, 36, and his 32-year-old wife thought that all they had to do to make a baby was to lie next to each other and let nature take its course.

When nothing happened, they saved up £7,000 and went to an IVF clinic where they were given a quick lesson about the facts of life.

A spokesman for the clinic said: "We're not talking about retards here, but a couple who were brought up in a strict religious environment who simply did not know how babies were created. It was only after they were subjected to a battery of tests and both were found to be perfectly fertile that we asked them how often they had sex.

"The husband said, 'We're not exactly sure what you mean'."

The couple are now doing a sexual therapy course, which, doctors hope, will lead to the child they are longing for.

The spokesman for the clinic at the German University of Luebeck added: "They seemed to think that lying next to each other at night in their bedclothes would somehow miraculously produce a child."

He said the couple had read up about in-vitro fertilisation treatment but believed it was something to do with a "turkey baster, a mattress and a woman standing on her head." He went on: "Although this does have its humorous side, the pair were woefully ignorant about sexuality.

"But at least they have a marvellous awakening to look forward to at a time when most people have long shed their innocence."

The university plans to carry out a survey to discover how many more childless couples think the same way and are in desperate need of basic sex education.

THE most important thing to do before starting a family is to find the right partner, according to a new survey. The next priority to take a job for enjoyment and not just the money.

http://www.mirror.co...-name_page.html

Well... there you have it.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:07 PM

Were they brought up in an Amish village perhaps?

#3 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:18 PM

Wow. That story was excellent.

#4 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ May 20 2004, 07:07 PM)
Were they brought up in an Amish village perhaps?

No. They were a couple from Germany. I heard this story on the radio yesterday afternoon and came in to work today to look for the article so I could post it to Nate. Where do I find it sitting? Already up on the Crappy News. Ah well, at least I know there is still a bastion for good journalism.

Incidentally, it does say alot about the general state of things where a couple in a developed country can not have a clue about sex.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#5 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:04 PM

huh.gif
"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

#6 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:47 PM

Aww... lol
But once they start, they probably won't stop.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:57 PM

it's funny i said this would happen....

i'm always right!!!

i always said that betwwen religeous groups controlling the media, burning books with vague refrenses to sex that benny hill wouldn't even pick up on, and rating systems that keep kids in the dark, not mention sex scenes in movies where people keep their cloths on... that something like this would result...

well there you go.

please keep religeon out of everything... they've fucked up enough things already.

PS. LOL

#8 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:39 PM

huh.gif

Have these people never heard of the Internet? To make it all the way into their thirties without learning the basic mechanics of sex...wow. And I thought being in the dark until I was thirteen was bad...
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#9 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:45 PM

What I find funny is that they managed to hear about IVF as a means to conceive before hearing about the natural conception options available to them. laugh.gif

Interesting time people! Interesting times!
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#10 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:11 AM

I've had all day to think on this and still... whoa.... I'm speechless.

And Barend is right. With everything that he mentioned going on, this was probably bound to happen sooner or later.

#11 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:04 AM

This reminds me of the time when I sat that little Keebler fella on my knee and told him 'bout the facts o' life. Brings a tear to my eye...

#12 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:08 AM

Love it.

I just re-read the article... and I also love the weird impression the couple had about IV fertilization.

#13 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (looktothesky @ May 20 2004, 09:47 PM)
But once they start, they probably won't stop.

Well...would YOU if you were in that situation?

#14 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:17 AM

Okay, does anyone else find this story just a little fishy, a little urban legendy? I have heard stories like this before--I think I read about it the first time when I was 11 or 12 and reading Anne Landers or Dear Abby at breakfast when a woman wrote in about a couple she knew who thought all they had to do was lie next to each other in order to conceive.

But I just don't buy it. Even as an 11 or 12 year old I thought, "No way they don't know about sex. No way. " I don't care WHERE you grew up, no matter how rural it was, no matter how religious it was. People have been stumbling their way into sex since we have had the equipment to do it, and, even in far more prudish times, and in the strictest religious communities, SOMEONE took the happy couple aside before their nuptials to explain what was going on, even if it was just, "Lie back, dear, and think of England."

And come on, what kind of doctor would say, "We're not talking about retards here"?

#15 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:15 AM

No, Jen! Don't destroy the fun for us all! We want to believe this!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size