Chefelf.com Night Life: Don't Give Lucas $10.50 to Hurt Your Soul - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Don't Give Lucas $10.50 to Hurt Your Soul Alternatives to the Madness

#31 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:23 PM

You know that whole post has given me a great idea for a movie. Sort of a dark comedy.

Disgruntled fans angry at a filmmaker for destroying their favorite sci-fui series, decide to take the figh to him. They form this terrorist group and try to get the filmmaker to change the movie. The FBI coonsiders them a threat and they try to take action.

Sort of in that "Trekkies", Cecil B. Demented" and "comic Book Villains" type vein with a touch of the Coen bros.

What do you guys think???

#32 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:27 PM

"...and we belive the name of the pilot who flew the X-Wing into Fox Studios, killing everyone there, was Channel 31s Barend... a sad day for television but a good day for film! Back to you Kent..."

#33 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:25 PM

I gave lucas money today. I bought that insider magazine, and I want to say that I'm sorry. A waste of money and what a solid reminder of the real rebellion.

Anytime they address anything questionable they cast their own shadow of blame: "looks like the empire is behind that (line of thinking.") ("idiots. have a star wars day with us!")

The Ralph McQuarrie article was ok. the origami on the Falcon looks like a test. Lots of prequel bs and an article on the new designers. It's obvious GL is riding on THEIR take on his vague descriptions- and honing in on everything they do.

then there's the article that explains how JJ was the first character designed for TPM in order to bring in a younger audience. wait, there's more. the gratuitous letters of one fan's 2-year old that knows all the lines and loves to renenact the classic yoda/dooku duel.

that's it. I've lost hope again. I shouldn't punish myself.

so I picked up Starlog for some news, fair and balanced.

#34 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:20 AM

I've been saying this in response to the defence of a younger audience magnet...

IN WHAT WAY DOES A MOVIE ABOUT BATTLE IN SPACE, DROIDS, INTERGALACTIC SAMURI WITH SPECIAL POWERS, BLASTERS, SWORDS MADE OF LAZER, SPACE SHIPS, ALIENS, HOVER CARS, AND OTHER ASSORTED ODDITIES NEED ANY FUCKING HELP DRAWING IN THE KIDS??????????

what possible brand of lunacy could have drawn such a stupid fucking solution!!!

that's like taking a bite of a krispy kreme original glazed and saying hmmmm... needs more sugar

ASSHOLE!

#35 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:02 AM

That's a bloody good point, mate.

#36 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:34 AM

What makes the Star Wars movies that much different than any other crappy movie? Sure they have superficial similarities with the other movies, and you might feel they are doing them a disservice, but hey, big deal. If you'd like, just consider them as not part of the canon. Its almost like the Goliath Chronicles; except, instead of getting a new writer, they have a new Lucas.

Its a shame that the Star Wars movies couldn't have been better, but hey, its a shame that any bad movie couldn't have been better. That doesn't mean you have an obligation not to see it. I say treat Star Wars like any bad movie; enter at your own risk.

Personally, I'm blindly optimistic. I will be attending the final Star Wars movie because I am absolutely positive that its going to be an amazing film.

#37 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:02 AM

The sad reality is that I too must watch it -- and buy the whole trilogy on DVD while I'm at it.

Disgusting, but I just have to watch them all one last time and then never watch them again. I created so many ideas of 'alternate' star wars movie I could write a dozen books. Whether they're better than the Prequel trilogy or not, I do not know, neither do I really care.

And yes, I'll be giving my own reasons to hate Star Wars Episode III as well. Just to get it off my chest.

#38 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:05 PM

I understand seeing it out of curiosity--although I personally think it's not worth the money to see it in the theatre--but buying the DVDs if you don't intend to watch it again? Why?

#39 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:32 PM

well... if your going to see it anywere the movies is the place.

Skywalker Sound is the best thar be! and Cinema Hexaphomic, 7.8 surround, THX Dolby, whatever is the way to here it!!!

EP2 was worth seeing at the movies just for the sound of those charges Jenga Fet sets off in the asteroid feild!!! (and Christopher Lees voice)

EP1 was worth seeing at the movies just for the sound of the Pod engines in action (and nothing more)

EP3 will be worth seeing at the movies just for the sound of Anikans flesh burning in lava. (my mouths filling with saliva just thinking about it)

#40 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:49 PM

yes, absolutely, hear hear...

what can I say, spoken eloquently and wonderfully!
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#41 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 31 October 2004 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Oct 30 2004, 11:49 PM)
what can I say

You can say that you posted in a nine month old thread.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size