Chefelf.com Night Life: ROTS will have the swwetest lightsaber duel ever - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

ROTS will have the swwetest lightsaber duel ever

#1 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:01 PM

and you know it. boo ya boo ya bashers who try to bash and rehash and repeaditly smash the prequels . it will be so cool with lava and everything. and then anakin will eventually lose and get lava on him. but before that happens he will kill padme smile.gif who needs that bitch who can't act anyway.

#2 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:34 AM

Your post makes my soul sad.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#3 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:10 AM

You said it J m, gonna go home and rethink my life... crying.gif

#4 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:38 AM

Sorry to say that I really doubt the duel is going to be all that hot. Even if it is it won't solve anything... the PT will still be a load of crap.

#5 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:09 PM

in your opinion paladin.

#6 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (use the force @ Dec 22 2004, 04:01 AM)
and you know it. boo ya boo ya bashers who try to bash and rehash and repeaditly smash the prequels .  it will be so cool with lava and everything. and then anakin will eventually lose and get lava on him. but before that happens he will kill padme :) who needs that bitch who can't act anyway.

You're really not helping your own case here, you realise that? If you actually want people to take anything you say seriously, I suggest that you:

a) Learn to spell.
b) Learn to use punctuation and capital letters.
c) Avoid phrases like 'and you know it', 'boo ya boo ya', and 'it will be so cool'. They make you look - how shall I put this? - just the tiniest bit immature.
d) Come up with some actual arguments, like your fellow gusher Jariten. You probably won't convince us, but at least we might have slightly more respect for you.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#7 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:47 PM

"boo ya boo ya bashers who try to bash and rehash and repeaditly smash the prequels"

I might add:

E: Do not try to win us over with your gusher-rap.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#8 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:50 PM

One well-choreographed fight scene will not redeem a craptacular trilogy that defames everything we loved about the original trilogy [especially as it appeared in its original format]. Besides, the choreography will probably be overshadowed by a bunch of bloated CGI imagery.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#9 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Dec 22 2004, 12:27 PM)
You're really not helping your own case here, you realise that? If you actually want people to take anything you say seriously, I suggest that you:

a) Learn to spell.
cool.gif Learn to use punctuation and capital letters.
c) Avoid phrases like 'and you know it', 'boo ya boo ya', and 'it will be so cool'. They make you look - how shall I put this? - just the tiniest bit immature.
d) Come up with some actual arguments, like your fellow gusher Jariten. You probably won't convince us, but at least we might have slightly more respect for you.

Sorry,i 'll go post another thread about how how everything in the prequels suck and how Lucas is a fascist. Grow up this is a Star Wars forum not a anti gusher hate the prequel forum.

The tiniest bit immature? Like logging onto the internet daily to keep bashing Lucas's work on the prequels. wacko.gif And just so you know Star Wars is for kids and im a kid so ya I guess im a little immature.

#10 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:00 PM

firstly... spelling is over rated, i'm the wurst speller here... tongue.gif

secondly... from what i can tell from the preview that last fight looks pretty sweet actually...

it won't save the trillogy, and the CGI wookies have already sentanced the film to death... and the lava thing will have to be handled well to be belivable...

like if if he falls in it's over... if he gets sprayed.. cool.

#11 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (use the force @ Dec 22 2004, 09:40 PM)
Sorry,i 'll go post another thread about how how everything in the prequels suck and how Lucas is a fascist. Grow up this is a Star Wars forum not a anti gusher hate the prequel forum.

Where exactly did I say that being a gusher made you immature? I refer you to point d) of my last post:

The tiniest bit immature? Like logging onto the internet daily to keep bashing Lucas's work on the prequels.

And I suppose logging in every day to keep praising Lucas's work on the prequels would somehow make me more mature? Since when does expressing strong opinions constitute a lack of maturity?

And just so you know Star Wars is for kids and im a kid so ya I guess im a little immature.

Who says that Star Wars is just for kids? All of us here are fans of the OT and everyone except you, as far as I'm aware, is an adult. And being a kid should not make you incapable of discussing things in an intelligent manner, rather than resorting to childish crap like 'Boo ya, I'm right and you're wrong'. You've actually shown you're capable of this in other threads, so why forfeit the respect you've earned so far with stupid posts like that one?
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

#12 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:36 PM

ITs just really hard to come up with a actual arguement since im just voicing my opinion. And I never said Star WArs as just for kids I just meant that it was mostly for kids. Its just ahhhhh i cant discuss one part about the prequels or mention anyting without it being ripped apart to I hate Lucas arguemnets. I guess I just lost my mind a lil bit while typing my original post.

#13 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:28 AM

And just so you know Star Wars is for kids and im a kid so ya I guess im a little immature.

You're a KID? Geez, I would never have guessed. (<- this is SARCASM for any of our many users who just completely fail to recognise it)

Also...

it will be so cool with lava and everything. and then anakin will eventually lose and get lava on him. but before that happens he will kill padme smile.gif who needs that bitch who can't act anyway.

Wow! What an argument! I mean, who could refute THAT? I'm going to use that type of logic from now on when arguing the merits of other movies.

Independence Day is cool! Will Smith is a smart ass and he punches Aliens! There's explosions and some redneck hillbilly who gives the finger to a big ship and goes "Up yours!" while they play lots of American progapanda music in the background. I think the president's wife dies... hehehe.... I mean, who needs her? And I think Will Smith gets alien guts all over him. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

It rules! Boo hoo! I'm right and you're wrong!

I don't know why, Use the Force, but I feel like I want to punch you.

#14 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 24 December 2004 - 01:10 AM

Now, now. Let's not get violent. It is the Holiday season, so Happy life day. And I do mean "Happy life day."

Firstly, I don't believe there's a bias against children. (Well, other than Lucas introducing the Hero of the Star Wars Saga as a little boy with (sigh) tremendous piloting skills. Whoops! Use the force, one day when you're older you will realize this.)

And when you see it that way, your arguments will have merit. That's all. smile.gif

#15 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2004 - 09:22 AM

To be fair, JYAMG, he has admitted that his original post was stupid. I think it's best we just let this drop.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size