• +
  • « First
  • Last »

I hate America Viva my misguided idealism

#46 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:54 PM

No. America's just the loudest country. So when it's stumbling around drunk at 3 in the morning knocking over trash cans it wakes up the global neighbourhood.

#47 User is offline   TheOrator Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:01 PM

I hate America because it has, for about the last sixty years, been having all sorts of dumb wars about protecting weak countries from antagonistic northern counterparts and disrupting allegedly dangerous dictatorships. I feel this isn't nearly long enough. Europe and Asia have been fighting over territory, religion, insults, marriages, kidnappings, assassinations, Royal Succession, power, and just general rancor for centuries, if not millenniums (FireFox prefers it to millennia; Merriam-Webster says either. Further investigation pending) and America has only been in on the game since 1776. South American empires were feuding over land, and 'Native' Americans were warring constantly just because they had a warrior culture. I think it's a sad day when a super-power like America has to invent so-called 'noble' reasons to tear people limb from limb when people have been doing it for no good reason since time immemorial!

I also hate America for stopping its expansion once it realized how terrible their methods of attaining it were. We should continue our ravaging of Mexico and Canada: neither can adequately protect themselves. We'd own the continent. But America had to go learn from its mistakes.

EDIT: Terrible, unforgivable misuse of there and related homophones; not so bad mistake for doing; and rearranged some words to improve the flow.

EDIT2: I don't deserve to live. I changed it to the wrong one. Fixed for real this time.

EDIT3: I broke tradition and forgot to put the 2 after EDIT on my second edit. It was bugging me. Various mechanical changes. I have to stop caring so much about this stuff.

This post has been edited by TheOrator: 13 December 2007 - 08:29 PM

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum."
-John Carpenter's They Live

"God help us...in the future."
-Plan 9 from Outer Space

nooooo

#48 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:23 PM

Hehe, go Orator! I like your arguments. Those are also excellent reasons to hate America!

(And we'll forgive you the grammar mistakes this time, but just this time! tongue.gif)
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#49 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

With a name like theOrator, it's gotta be good

(I can see myself warming up to America if you go on making points like those).

When the loudest country on the planet celebrates Christmas, the trash cans are so loud- they so loud the other side of the world gets earthquakes and tidal waves. mellow.gif

#50 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Dec 14 2007, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As scary as it is to say this, I agree with you. Though to be fair, we should say "The people in power", not just "the people".

Between the involvement of Vietnam and the second invasion of Iraq hardly any Americans protested America’s actions around the world.

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Dec 14 2007, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, you have to remember that a nation with so much power, influence, and money is so much more in the spotlight. Everyone's looking for us to screw up, so we see all the mistakes in bold and yellow highlighter. Other countries, no one really cares about them anymore. I'd say Sudan is a pretty sucky country, but SO many people don't know or care about the crisis in Darfur because it's not America. I'm sure other countries are making mistakes, too - but they're not really important enough for anyone to bother paying attention to, or because they're a smaller country with less money, power, and influence, that their mistakes are on a much smaller scale. Kinda like how everyone pays attention to the serial killer that has killed 67 people in 43 states, and the killer becomes part of people's every day small talk; but no one knows about the local man who just held up a 7-11.

America's just cooler to hate on.

Yeah, those who lose houses, friends and family to America’s ‘accidents’ hate America/ns because it is cool to hate America/ns.

QUOTE (TheOrator @ Dec 14 2007, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also hate America for stopping its expansion once it realized how terrible their methods of attaining it were. We should continue our ravaging of Mexico and Canada: neither can adequately protect themselves. We'd own the continent. But America had to go learn from its mistakes.

That would be great! Then you would be the United States of North America!
Word Vault
A Writing Guild For The Clinically Retarded
I am an honorary Crogerse.
QUOTE (Game Over @ Feb 14 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee, you are the Oscar Wilde of the 21st century.

QUOTE (Patch @ Feb 14 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee is gay?!

#51 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:07 AM

Oh Man! I would hate that.

#52 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:07 AM

... That line was a joke in keeping with the theme of this thread, Snake. I guess you totally ignored the rest of my post? I wasn't arguing that America doesn't do some pretty shitty things, just that its shitty things are on a larger scale because the country is, and they are paid attention to more because of that as well... Oh fuck it, I'm not going to repeat myself any more than that.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#53 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Dec 14 2007, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh Man! I would hate that.

Coming a guy who is from a country which had the first black president (excluding Africa and the Caribbean)?

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Dec 14 2007, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... That line was a joke in keeping with the theme of this thread, Snake. I guess you totally ignored the rest of my post? I wasn't arguing that America doesn't do some pretty shitty things, just that its shitty things are on a larger scale because the country is, and they are paid attention to more because of that as well... Oh fuck it, I'm not going to repeat myself any more than that.

If country A invaded country B then the Bians would hate the Aians for the same reason the Aians would hate America if America invaded country A! It has nothing to do with size or popularity.
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#54 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:16 AM

But we're not talking about how just the Aians hate America. Everyone hates America.

No one's talking about how much they hate Sudan or any of the other currently warring countries.

#55 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Dec 14 2007, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But we're not talking about how just the Aians hate America. Everyone hates America.

No one's talking about how much they hate Sudan or any of the other currently warring countries.

Damn! You Americans are egotistic. Not everyone hates you. Maybe a few misguided empty headed liberal arts majors or the families of the people your armed forces slaughtered but other then that no one cares about America/ns. Like I said before, most people are cattle who only care about eating, drinking, sleeping and fucking.
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#56 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:28 AM

Apparently it's also cool to spout raging cynicism out one's butt. happy.gif

#57 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:44 AM

Forget about it.

This post has been edited by Snake Logan: 14 December 2007 - 01:45 AM

Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#58 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:33 PM

I hate fucking Bians.

#59 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:31 PM

Yeah. Fuck the Bians, man. They suck.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#60 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:23 AM

B's a totaly shithole too.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size