Chefelf.com Night Life: Song sound familiar? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Song sound familiar? that's because you've heard it before...

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:14 PM

if you hate Nickleback as much as i do... you'll want to listen to this...
it couldn't hurt to read the article as well... but for full entertainment just make sure you listen to the whole MP3!!!

http://www.nintendor...ives/000475.php

#2 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:36 AM

That is a brilliant discovery/creation. I don't know that shit well enough to tell whether there's some cheating in there or not, but wow, even if there is!
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#3 User is offline   Reader Icon

• More Important than Coal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:oh, this and that

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:09 PM

Geez, anyone coulda told you their songs were the same (in key AND tempo) without syncing them up.
"Nothing is real, all is permitted"
- Hassan i Sabbah
"There's nothing wrong with anything."
- Philip J.Fry

#4 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:47 PM

yeah, i've been telling everyone!! but now i got physical proof!!!

i hope they do one for korn next...

#5 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2004 - 05:10 PM

I don't even have to listen to that to tell you that. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, Nickelback are what's wrong with Canadian music, and music in general. We have a huge amount of talent in this country that's being completely ignored in lieu of Theory Of A Nickelback crap.

#6 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:34 AM

You could do that with a shitload of R'n'B and Hip Hop artists as well as a number of tiny bopper artists. Sad, isn't it?

#7 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:45 AM

Nickleback is facking shat.

I hated them for the get go. "someday somehow gonna make it alright but not right now" This line relates more to their discography than anything.

Radio rock bands are what Gangsta rap is to hip hop. Not nearly as bad, but still pathetic in it's own way.

Korn, Limpbizkit, Creed, Default, Avril Lavigne, 50 cents, Eminem (his first CD was brilliant, the rest are crap) all these people make their millions off of stupid 16 year old kids who have yet to develop any musical taste.

Most of the people above sell their image more than their art form. I could go buy a teen magzine and tell you all their favorite foods, colors, books(if they read any, which is highly unlikely) and other stupid useless shit.

Radiohead, Weezer, Stone Temple Pilots, U2.... etc I bet I could search the whole net and not find a site that could tell me what their favortie ice cream flavour is.

Why not? Cause the people who listen to them (20+) could not give a shit. We enjoy their music, not their fucking lifestlyes.

Most people on the top 40 are image sellers. Thats it.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#8 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:59 PM

It's as though they* have 2 or 3 different prototypes for songs, and they just keep churning out lots of songs that are slight variations on these prototypes, to placate the screaming masses and to fill the radio stations.

And to sell CDs, of course.

I do, however, find the mass production of music a bit frightening though.

*whoever they are.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#9 User is offline   mrtimp Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:57 PM

i find that the music is getting worse and worse faster and faster, all you have to do is listen to WAAF to see this, every song sounds the same, the same whining and going on and on how miserable they are, every damn band out there it seems follows the same formula for making songs, no one really has any balls to do something different. I said it before as long as the shallow minded people keep buying the nickleback and puddle of mud CDs they will keep putting out that crap.

#10 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:26 PM

Yeah, but the next fad will come along and everyone will move on to that. I predict that rock's next big thing is Grind/death core! Or rather, I WANT it to be...

#11 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:38 AM

The next fad might well be that.... but the beautiful thing is even though there is a lot of shit music out there, there is A LOT OF CHOICE as well. There are so many bands in the world now and so many songs... that if you look,, you can find something to your taste.

There's something for people who like good old rock, there's something for people who like music with a little bit of melody, there's something for jazz lovers, for young couples, for people who like to dance....

And then there's the Top 40 for all the idiots.

#12 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:00 AM

what fads? fads are dead people!!!!!

top 40 music has not changed for over 10 years... there used to be trends. now there isn't. everything you hear is hand picked puppets...
virtual studio demo, bitch through vocoder, product placement.

boybands, so called RNB, so called HIP HOP, and slow boring as fuck pussy rock. it hasn't stoppped for over 10 years...

the average consumer is an asseating dipshit...

#13 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:13 AM

I hear your pain, Barend. It pains me to think of all the natural resources that are being wasted on producing this shit too.

Shitloads of fossilised fuels being consumed to create the vast amounts of electricity required to power the millions of CD Players that are being grossly mis-used to play that awful rubbish.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oddly enough, I feel a little better after that, thanks. wink.gif

#14 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (barend @ May 10 2004, 04:00 PM)
the average consumer is an asseating dipshit...

It's quite depressing.

I think its something to do with the species as a whole being so damn money-grabbing.

Time to kill everyone to stop it...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#15 User is offline   mrtimp Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:04 PM

one more i wanna bitch about is the price of CDs nowadays, i went to newbury comics a couple weeks ago and could not believe it, no way a CD should cost 16 or 17 bucks, talk about gouging people no wonder everyone downloads music now, i saw some CDs that are 15-20 years old that they still have a 15 dollar price tag on them, wtf is this?????? needless to say i walked out of there quickly.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size