Chefelf.com Night Life: User Ranks - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

User Ranks Titles assigned to users

#31 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Post icon  Posted 26 November 2003 - 12:03 PM

Gosh, Civilian number two. thanks for watching my back. and I'm officially on from remote site, so I'm no longer Remotely Despondent. I can almost feel the love here.

Tomorrow when counting your blessings for the past year as you say grace (or not) think for a split second about this wonderful forum. I'm thankful.

#32 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 26 November 2003 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Nov 26 2003, 12:03 PM)
Tomorrow when counting your blessings for the past year as you say grace (or not) think for a split second about this wonderful forum. I'm thankful.

Whoah,

Tomorrow? Man, Thanksgiving was over a month ago!

Gearing up for Christmas, dude.

Mike.

PS: Getting pretty tired of all the commercials that fail to say "Christmas." This is becoming serious, and pretty damn stupid. I get the need to make other cultures feel at home, so as not to upset their specific political lobby groups in Ottawa, or DC, depending on how cold you think winter gets. But I'm pretty sure no common people have ever been upset by references to Christmas, just as I don't mind being reminded it's Ramadan (the Islamic Hotel chain holiday) and like I don't mind unoffical languages on street signs in proud ethnic communities. I'm just bumfuzzled about having to hear "have a good 'holiday season'" and "Great 'holiday' gift ideas." Are we fooling ourselves into thinking that we're respecting all cultures with such a reference? Channukah is like the least significant holiday on the Jewish calendar, and Ramadan is not a gift-giving holiday anyway. So, spade=spade; we're celebrating CHRISTMAS in December (the second-most important holiday on the Christian calendar, and damn important to us atheists as well), and I don't think using the word will lead to ethnic cleansing.

Best example of this nonsense that I can think of is a local contest giving away $25000 in "'holiday' spending money." They invite you to use the money to buy great gifts for your family and friends "for the 'holidays.'" The draw date on the contest is January 30. Like, have we been dropping the word for so long that people don't even know on what date we actually give out the presents?

"Sorry about the no presents, folks, but I'm hoping to win this lottery first and then I'll get you great stuff. And if I don't win I'll just buy you stuff as usual."

Mike (bit of a rant there).

PS: Happy Thanksgiving to all you slowpokes.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#33 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2003 - 03:33 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

I just noticed that my two little blue squares abandonded me and took my status with them. I feel so small and insignificant.

#34 User is offline   sinister grinner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 November 2003 - 05:05 PM

cool. so are you gonna change the ranks to the Pimp idea.
Thirteen and a half.
Twelve jurors,
one judge,
and half a chance.

#35 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:34 PM

huh.gif 00-20:shy
wink.gif 21-40:lossened up
wink.gif 41-60:tipsy
unsure.gif 61-80:dizzy
cool.gif 81-100:sloshed
:angry: 101-120:offensive
blink.gif 121-140:plastered
sad.gif 141-160:paralytic
laugh.gif 161-180:"you're my besht frand"
:yuck: 181-200:vomiting
laugh.gif 201-300:unconious
dry.gif 301-333:hung over
sad.gif 334-340:mournfull
huh.gif 341-360:dazed
smile.gif 361-380:fatening breakfast
cool.gif 381-400:thirsty again

#36 User is offline   sinister grinner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 November 2003 - 09:38 PM

it doesnt go up to 1000. of course that can be a good idea.
Thirteen and a half.
Twelve jurors,
one judge,
and half a chance.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size