Chefelf.com Night Life: myspace=the NEW yahoo?? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

myspace=the NEW yahoo?? monkey see, monkey do..im on myspace, are you?

#1 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

theres an addictive little video game thats about 15 years old or so, called "The Lemmings". one person does something, and the hundreds of legions of people after him hitch onto the bandwagon and copy right after him.

myspace. what are your thoughts on it? for awhile ive heard people say "OHH my space has this"..."wow, myspace is..." "hey do you have a myspace?" "have you checked out myspace" "I met so and so on myspace" "myspace is so cool and myspace"......(triggers nuclear explosion)

enough already.

because i know that myspace is just cool until the next big thing comes around, then people will abandon myspace and leave it like a nevada ghost town.

before myspace there was (and still is) yahoo and msn/hotmail. nowadays, you hardly hear mention of them,..especially hotmail. no one is likely to pitch you a hotmail email to send them whatever,.chances are more likely they will have converted it to myspace by now.

myspace has created this concept where you can announce yourself to the world. who you are, and what you like,..like the entire world is supposed to bow down before you and kiss the ground you walk on..just because you are so damn cooler than everyone else.

as soon as you go onto myspace , you get to hear their favorite song..no one really cares or wants to listen to YOUR favorite song besides you. no one likes them as much as you, and the rest of the world could care less. keep your tunes on your mp3 where they belong.

lets not forget that myspace encourages its members to create the coolest page they can (they vote to see who has the best page). so when you surf someone's "myspace",..you can see all the silly pics they have,..if they are hugging a teddy bear,..giving a blunt to a dog..stuffing a friends face with french fries,.or whatever silly pic they managed to take to post on myspace.

it comes down to,..my life is much cooler than your boring life is,..ive done more with my life,.make more money and have more friends than you...unless of course,.you can create a cooler and more pimp myspace to prove so and so wrong.

then there is the "lets see how many friends i have"....ohhhh wwoooww...i have a ba-zillion friends on my myspace. ...and they are all of the opposite gender,..so that makes me a cyber-pimp...arent you jealous?

myspace prohibits nudity pics on their site,..but the same hypocrits seem to advocate drug use, thug-life, and anything else you can think of,..as long as the image in question is not flat-out blantant,..so,..i.e.,.it CAN be suggestive in its theme. so on myspace,.you have tons of sexuality suggestive pics,.although they arent nude,.they are close enough. women exposing so much cleaveage, it becomes "cleveland". thong bikini pics, etc etc etc.

so enjoy or hate myspace, until the next big thing comes around and makes myspace into a my-stery of history.

This post has been edited by mireaux7: 31 March 2007 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#2 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

Looks like this is going to make businesses more competitive to applicants they choose as they are going to start searching these sites to see which applicants are hypocrites, badly behaved and unsynchronized to their regime. Avoid using real names and refrain from setting a bad example with little personal information because this might be the second generation of that Big Brotherism thing silently creeping up and controlling people.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 31 March 2007 - 01:57 PM

#3 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 31 March 2007 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Deepsycher @ Mar 31 2007, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like this is going to make businesses more competitive to applicants they choose as they are going to start searching these sites to see which applicants are hypocrites, badly behaved and unsynchronized to their regime. Avoid using real names and refrain from setting a bad example with little personal information because this might be the second generation of that Big Brotherism thing silently creeping up and controlling people.

you bring up a very good point. most would have never even thought of that. a lot of companies now perform extensive background checks that can take up to two weeks.

its unknown what all resources they investigate before they decide to hire you or send you one of those "thanks, but no thanks" letters.

This post has been edited by blueoceans: 31 March 2007 - 04:18 PM

#4 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 31 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

Maybe some nosy people trying to search for the better. Soon we'll have two enteries to please. Job interviews and public internet appearance.

Well that is one reason why it is good to be paranoid.

#5 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:11 PM

Myspace is really, really shitty. Giving everyone on the Internet the ability to create their own webpage was a bad idea in 1995, and it still is, especially now that we have embedded movies, images, and animated backgrounds.

My friend wrote this (and is also webmaster of the site) about myspace: The Horrors of Myspace. He sums up how awful it is much better than I, and with better points.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#6 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

Facebook is the way forward. The one and only reason I haven't deleted my Myspace profile yet is my missus' account, and as soon as I next see her I'm converting her to The Face.

And that article is profound and worrying reading.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#7 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:01 PM

After watching the clips on the front page to me this one is the worst I came across:

Remote throwing?
Take a look at the other remote throwing clips.

Hair shaking
I ask myself what's this for?

Boaster

I just didn't expect this sort of thing on a lot of videos when searching. Maybe I am too sensitive, not my style of videos, different standards and expectations and that angry German gamer who smashed up his keyboard fake or not I can't decide which is worse. Afterall that might be their idea of fun so I better not disciminate. Funny vs stupid?

I can believe some of what that friend was saying after watching the above clips.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 31 March 2007 - 06:14 PM

#8 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:08 AM

I remember Lemmings!!! I used to play that game all the time!!!
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#9 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:28 AM

Especially when they are about to get nuked.
Wonder if it was the same for her.

#10 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:38 PM

myspace is good if you have a band.... the networking makes it easier to stay incontact with your friends and other bands, promoters, and others.

a majority of personal profiles are lame.

but then so are a majority of people in the world, so what do you expect. if you join up, it's not like you have to deal with them... it's not like catching the bus.

that being said...

http://www,myspace.com/hypoid1
http://www,myspace.com/cannibalingus

#11 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

dude, I just re-read the first post of this thread and noticed the part where it says "theres an addictive little video game thats about 15 years old or so"

*feels old*
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#12 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:28 PM

Yes that was one of the first games I got with the Atari.

I know it is their space. Sadly the more details they give out the more difficult it might be to catch that bus if work places are going to start including these diaries in their results.

#13 User is offline   princesskadee Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 1 2007, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
myspace is good if you have a band.... the networking makes it easier to stay incontact with your friends and other bands, promoters, and others.

a majority of personal profiles are lame.

but then so are a majority of people in the world, so what do you expect. if you join up, it's not like you have to deal with them... it's not like catching the bus.

that being said...

http://www,myspace.com/hypoid1
http://www,myspace.com/cannibalingus

well yeah, hence networking,..especially in the entreprenuer sense. its also great for families/school reunions, military buddies, etc.

but i feel that myspace's intended purpose is being preverted into something else by those who deem it as a place to compare each other,.like social status symbols.

how many friends do you have versus me, how many girls/guys, how much money you make, what kind of car you drive, where you live, where youve been, bling, bling bling, bling...etc etc etc.
Peter Brady was by far the ugliest Brady kid on the "Brady Bunch". I mean, they were all pretty ugly, and the fact that the Brady dad wanted to always take the boys out on overnight camping trips just a tad bit too often, gave me the creeps.

#14 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:40 PM

Except you need to care about that stuff in order for it to have any effect.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Ø @ Apr 1 2007, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Except you need to care about that stuff in order for it to have any effect.

bingo.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size