Chefelf.com Night Life: whats your favorite fast food eatery - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

whats your favorite fast food eatery where you be dippin your nasty spoon at?

#16 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:20 PM

Oh yeah. You've got to love those identical low-end Chinese restuarants that have kitschy artwork on the walls and misspelled menus and only two employees on payroll who speak English. In places where I used to work, one woud always be a short walk away so I could get some delicious Lo Mein for three or four dollars.

Man, I misss those.

#17 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Egfu @ Mar 24 2007, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Subway, Hesburger (a Finnish chain)

Hesgurger?

McDonalds has Ronald McDonald
Hesburger could have Rudolf Hess... oh wait... nevermind.

#18 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Oh you know the usual....
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

I'm all about the king of Burgers
Burger King! their fries are awesome,
thats just and an added plus

Pizza Hut/ Dominos
sorry haven't decided my fav of the 2

Timmy Hos aka Tim Hortons
All about being Canadian

Than MacDonalds b/c, it's a staple of my childhood.

Subway/Quiznos can't decide with them either

KFC CHICKEN yummmm

then some Chinese resturants Mucho Wak

Wendy's love their burgers too!

Oopa the Greek place

thats it......
for now

Duct tape is like the force....

There's a lightside, a darkside

and it holds everything together

There are too many people in the world...We need another plague -Dwight K. Shrute [The Office]

#19 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Mar 24 2007, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Krystal or White Castle cannot be underestimated.

damn, wish i had white castle. we saw how desperately harold and kumar went after it. it must be damn good fresh,.but i wouldnt know it coming from the frozen boxes i am limited to in the southwest united states.

you lucky east coast peeps, dont know just how good you have it.

QUOTE (Ninja Duck @ Mar 25 2007, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah. You've got to love those identical low-end Chinese restuarants that have kitschy artwork on the walls and misspelled menus and only two employees on payroll who speak English. In places where I used to work, one woud always be a short walk away so I could get some delicious Lo Mein for three or four dollars.

Man, I misss those.

i dont know what exactly youre referring to,.but please dont knock panda,.its one of my favs.

QUOTE (TruJade @ Mar 26 2007, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pizza Hut/ Dominos
sorry haven't decided my fav of the 2

Subway/Quiznos can't decide with them either

KFC CHICKEN yummmm

pizza?...papa johns, they are awesome, and get the order done right everytime.
dominos is good too
pizza hut would rank around 3rd or 4th.

subs?
subway and quiznos seem to be markedly different in the approach

quiznos markets their taste (they could care less about healthy)

subway is always marketing how healthy many of their items are.

i dont know what it is about subway. but something about their bread doesnt agree with me. like its too "bready". how can bread, which is loaded with carbs be considered healthy? how the hell did jared lose all that weight eating bread everyday on his famed subway diet?

chicken?

kfc is good, but tends to be too greasy

i like grandy's or popeyes the best

church's is good, if youre on a low budget
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#20 User is offline   Egfu Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Everything nerdy. Excluding Star Trek and anime.

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 26 2007, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hesgurger?

McDonalds has Ronald McDonald
Hesburger could have Rudolf Hess... oh wait... nevermind.

Not a good idea. Everyone knows Ronald McDonald is really zombie Hitler, so choosing Hess as the mascot would make Hesburger look like a watered-down wannabe McDonalds. Which isn't actually that far from the truth, but it'd be bad for business.

Then again, it'd be way better than their current mascot... a cartoon dog. I can't even imagine the massive amount of creative resources spent on that.
"When I was five, my uncle was decapitated by a watermelon."

#21 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:21 AM

Uh... Carbohydrates aren't inherently unhealthy, nor is bread, especially wheat bread. Jared ate their diet subs and exercised. It's just bread, and I haven't noticed anything remotely special about Subway bread except it never seems to have what I want in stock when I eat there. pinch.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#22 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:21 AM

Bread is loaded with carbs, and carbs turn into sugars which the body stores as fat if you have excess. That's the problem with bread. However, as you do need a good amount of carbs to turn into calories etc., bread is good as long as you don't eat a lot of it. Jared walked like a mile to Subway every day, and yes, the food there is relatively healthy. So both the exercise and the food (more like, the replacement of the greasy nasty food he used to eat with the halfway decent food of Subway) contributed to his weightloss.

Has anyone seen that documentary movie thingy, "Supersize Me," where the dude eats nothing but MacDonald's for a while? It teaches a lot about exactly why you never want to eat at Mickey D's... *shudder*
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#23 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:13 PM

I haven't seen it, but it sounds to me like it was more about how you want to actually control your own food intake instead of, well, eating junk food and nothing else for a month. Of course, I haven't seen it, so *shrug*. I don't eat there except on very rare occasions (I am fond of those snack wraps), so I don't worry.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#24 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Mar 27 2007, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone seen that documentary movie thingy, "Supersize Me," where the dude eats nothing but MacDonald's for a while? It teaches a lot about exactly why you never want to eat at Mickey D's... *shudder*

That was a great movie.

Favourite fast food? Harvey's, definately. Best burgers ever.

EDIT - Wrote great too many times, I thought. Great-great-great-great-great!

This post has been edited by looktothesky: 27 March 2007 - 12:16 PM

PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#25 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:25 PM

Actually the movie also had stuff in it like it told you why exactly it's unhealthy, and stuff like the Chicken McNuggets, to make them, they take the sickly chickens and they throw them in the grinder whole and fry what comes out. At least that's what my aunt told me, she's the one that saw it and told me all about it. I've been trying to find it to watch and can't find it anywhere. sad.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#26 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Mar 27 2007, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually the movie also had stuff in it like it told you why exactly it's unhealthy, and stuff like the Chicken McNuggets, to make them, they take the sickly chickens and they throw them in the grinder whole and fry what comes out. At least that's what my aunt told me, she's the one that saw it and told me all about it. I've been trying to find it to watch and can't find it anywhere. sad.gif

Other than online, I have no idea. sad.gif I have a few friends who have the DVD copy from when it was available in stores, and I've seen it a few times when it was on The Movie Network, but other than that, nothing.

...How come everyone looks down on Arby's? What's wrong with Arby's?

This post has been edited by looktothesky: 27 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#27 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

Like on that ep of the Simpsons where the kids were stranded on a deserted island. Sherri (or Terri) "I'm so hungry I could eat an Arby's" Others: (disappointedly) "ohhh....."

When I get my Beef and cheddar on, I get potato cakes 'stead of fries. And Horsey sauce. Of course my Dr. yesterday told me I need to lose weight so I'm *trying* to be good...

#28 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Egfu @ Mar 27 2007, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a good idea. Everyone knows Ronald McDonald is really zombie Hitler, so choosing Hess as the mascot would make Hesburger look like a watered-down wannabe McDonalds. Which isn't actually that far from the truth, but it'd be bad for business.

Then again, it'd be way better than their current mascot... a cartoon dog. I can't even imagine the massive amount of creative resources spent on that.

those resources were well spent if the dog talks in the commercials and says:
"Come to Hessburger! and bring your bitch too!"

#29 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Mar 27 2007, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All that movie taught me was that if you treat yourself really poorly and ignore the advice of your doctors, you can film it, call it a documentary and get rich. Of course eating an extra-large triple thick big daddy mac three times a day will make you sick.

If you want anti-fast food proganda, read Fast Food Nation. Don't bother with the movie, though. That one is best left in the shredder.

#30 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:56 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have a very wide range of taste or much in the means of transportation, so off the top of my head I can only think of a few places I can frequent.

Wendy's - the place I pick when I want a good burger or frosty (LOVE the frosties).

McDonald's - just for the fries these days. I swear they must put something in them to make them so addictive. The smell alone drvies me mad.

Dominoes - this place became my very best friend for Friday or Saturday nights alone in the dorm. With the campus deal they offer, I can eat for the whole weekend for only about $9.50 (that includes delivery charge).

Outback - ok, it's more of my family's "go out to eat for any reason" stupid theme restaurant than a fast food eatery, but god damn I love their onions.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size