Chefelf.com Night Life: Transformers-the movie - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Transformers-the movie michael bay is messing it all up!

#106 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

Well, maybe they think that, with Anderson, there's "more than meets the eye"... wink.gif

I keed, I keed... happy.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#107 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:20 PM

I have to agree with majority here on the hacking and other people.

Aside from Spike and titty-titty-yum-yum, there didn't need to be any humans in this film who were anything more than people running scared and screaming in terror.

#108 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

True, although I though the scene where smug John Tuturro gets his pants ripped off was priceless, though incredulous. biggrin.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born

--Ian Fleming

#109 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Oh you know the usual....
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:51 AM

Welll people were a little necessary

i mean it would've been a little hard to find the Allspark without a some assistance.
Though they should've kept the central story on

Sam and Mikalea they was no real need for the soldiers
except for the obvious "we haven't forgot our troops" plug.

As for Mr. Anderson (hahaha)
Don't worry princesskadee i got your back on this one.

Duct tape is like the force....

There's a lightside, a darkside

and it holds everything together

There are too many people in the world...We need another plague -Dwight K. Shrute [The Office]

#110 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:53 AM

As do I; he may be an Anderson, but he's no Hans Christian. wink.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born

--Ian Fleming

#111 User is offline   optimus_prime Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:09 PM

like many of you, i went out this week to buy transformers on dvd (not hd-dvd, mind you, as its my theory that far too many of the general public are still perplexed to the whole blu-ray vs. hd-dvd ongoing contest)

i just bought the regular dvd, not the special edition, not the two dvd set that walmart offers, and not the dvd case that transforms into optimus prime at target...yes,.it really transforms.

so, here i am again, watching the summer's big blockbuster, and i am starting to notice some interesting things.

first off, during the scene where sam's parents invade his room and accuse him of masturbation...its funny to note that sam is wearing a shirt that say "the strokes". i realize that its a band, but its still amusing...its even more funny as the camera pans around his room briefly and shows sam's schematic plans for a "half-pipe" (i know, dirty mind)

you cant help but to notice john turturro's role in the film...if you know of john turturro,.you know he also starred in "oh, brother where art thou"...in transformers they are seeking the allspark cube...i cant help but to think how funny it would be for john to say "DO NOT..SEEK...THE TREASURE!" where are the decepticons now?..."they have R-U-N-N-O-F-T"

its also interesting that there are many similarities between this film and terminator 3..let me explain...

at the end of terminator 3, arnie kills the tx by shoving a bomb in her mouth...at the end of transformers,..sam kills megatron by shoving the allspark inside of him

sam's character is similiar to john connor's..they are both central characters, that are deemed espeically important to the alien conflict thats taking place,...both are viewed as nerdy kids in school, that are pretty much not even noticed by the girls they find attractive. (ok, so john connor didnt initially like kate brewster..but they fell in love by movie's end) you get the idea,..the series of apocalyptic events brings each couple together

both films show that upon the aliens arrival, they are soon "scanning" the area for suitable earth forms.

both films are chock full of cheesy campy humor...arnie says "talk to the hand"...prime says "my bad"

both films are lacking in storyline,.but are loaded with action scenes.

both films feature heavy military involvement and jargon

lots of emergency type vehicles are used in both films..both feature the sounds of over-amplified sirens as openers when the story cuts to a new scene.

both films use characters that are considerably aged,.and show it. t3 featuring arnold,.and transformers featuring peter cullen's voice. (i guess the concept here is,.better now than never..better make the film with these individual high profile talents, before they are deemed too old for their respective roles)

for some odd reason...the scene in t3,.where arnie is dangling from a crane and gets slammed into several delapitated buildings in Los Angeles,.somehow seems faintly similiar to when Optimus is battling a decepticon on the multi stacked freeway overpasses...I dont know why...but it does.

...and on a last note...whats with the truck advertising "Furby"??..that toy is outdated by at least 10 yrs or so...i didnt get it...is that some sort of joke??

This post has been edited by optimus_prime: 19 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

"freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

#112 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:44 AM

You know, if you're going to slop about sticking spoilers up all over the place, you should warn people ahead of time.

#113 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:12 AM

I got the DVD from netflix and watched it yesterday. I've got to say, I think it was worse than I expected (and I was unofficially boycotting the release in theaters).

The whole thing was just a mess. Don't get me wrong, there were some genuinely funny parts (like anything with John Turturo or Bernie Mac) but it seems to me like they couldn't figure out whether they were trying to make a kickass action movie, a movie about the Transformers or a hilarious teen sex comedy a la American Pie.

If they'd stuck to any one of those things and kept it shorter (c'mon, 2.5 hours?) it may have succeeded a little more.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#114 User is offline   optimus_prime Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Heccubus @ Oct 20 2007, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, if you're going to slop about sticking spoilers up all over the place, you should warn people ahead of time.

spoilers????......usually i do try my best to remain spoiler conscious about films. its my theory that spoilers apply to those individuals who hold movies in high regard prior to its release as they anticipate what the film will be about, the synopsis, plot, scenes, etc.

i was such this individual, and would cry foul at anyone who shed spoiler material without sufficient warning.

however, since transformers was released 3 1/2 months ago in theatres..has had an extended run in regular theatres..and has now made it to budget theatres, bootlegs on the internet,.and as of this week is now on dvd & hd-dvd release....i assumed at this point that anyone who really wanted to see this film...had already done so in the gracious 3 1/2 month allotment that has elapsed.
so the question remains: what is deemed as sufficient time to allow a film to be declared needing "spoiler alerts", and when is it ok to no longer apply them

i notice that in the star wars forums,.no one really uses spoiler alerts for say,."a new hope",.as the film is 30 yrs old,.and is a film that is pretty much regarded as something everyone in the world has seen at least once....just to give an example.

besides...in a way..i sort of did give a spoiler alert,.in a sort of indirect way..when i said this:..

"so, here i am again, watching the summer's big blockbuster, and i am starting to notice some interesting things.

first off, during the scene..."

This post has been edited by optimus_prime: 20 October 2007 - 09:02 AM

#115 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (optimus_prime @ Oct 20 2007, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
spoilers????......usually i do try my best to remain spoiler conscious about films. its my theory that spoilers apply to those individuals who hold movies in high regard prior to its release as they anticipate what the film will be about, the synopsis, plot, scenes, etc.

i was such this individual, and would cry foul at anyone who shed spoiler material without sufficient warning.

however, since transformers was released 3 1/2 months ago in theatres..has had an extended run in regular theatres..and has now made it to budget theatres, bootlegs on the internet,.and as of this week is now on dvd & hd-dvd release....i assumed at this point that anyone who really wanted to see this film...had already done so in the gracious 3 1/2 month allotment that has elapsed.
so the question remains: what is deemed as sufficient time to allow a film to be declared needing "spoiler alerts", and when is it ok to no longer apply them

i notice that in the star wars forums,.no one really uses spoiler alerts for say,."a new hope",.as the film is 30 yrs old,.and is a film that is pretty much regarded as something everyone in the world has seen at least once....just to give an example.

besides...in a way..i sort of did give a spoiler alert,.in a sort of indirect way..when i said this:..

"so, here i am again, watching the summer's big blockbuster, and i am starting to notice some interesting things.

first off, during the scene..."

So you make a broad assumption and then determine that it's fine to go ahead and stick them in there anyway? This is beyond stupid, and you're assuming that just because your lifestyle allows you to go and see movies whenever you please, the same applies to everyone else. I know a good number of people who were interested in Transformers during its theatrical run that weren't able to make it to a theatre to see it. Additionally, they aren't particularly knowledgeable about pirating media, so have no idea how they could ever download a pirated version to watch on their computer. So their last hope was basically a DVD release.
Now assume these people were users on this message board, and happened upon this topic.
And oh yeah "I'm going to talk about this scene." Yes, that completely dictates that in any given situation, the next line is "AND I AM ALSO GOING TO TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS AT THE END". So much so that you don't even have to say it! Everyone knows this and can easily assume as much! It's common courtesy to just add in "Spoiler alert: Don't Read if You Haven't Seen It" at the start of a post like that, rather than just assuming things you have no way of knowing.

#116 User is offline   optimus_prime Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:33 AM

well, it sounds like you really want to see this movie, but havent had the chance to see it. it also sounds like youre trying to convince everyone that in the last 3 1/2 months you have been so so busy that you havent had, say, 3 hours of spare time to catch up with a movie youve really wanted to see.

wow, busy man! how many jobs do you hold?,..are you by chance Jamaican?

by the way,..i notice youre the only one thats griping at this point about me not throwing up a spoiler tag, thats cause everyone else thats reading this thread has pretty much already seen transformers by now. get a grip and realize that if you dont see a movie within due time, no one is going to still be thinking about spoiler tags.

i still havent seen Casablanca, but im not expecting anyone to throw up a spoiler tag if they start talking about the film.

you say i assume too much about the appropriateness of when to apply spoiler tags. i think, and im sure there are others that will agree with me on this, that a spoiler tag should only apply if the film is still being featured in a first-run theatre...if it goes to the budget theatres or onto home release...you can pretty much forget about the spoiler tags still being used by anyone..the critics, the marketing hype,..its not there anymore..and no one hardly would care about a spoiler tag by that time.

This post has been edited by optimus_prime: 21 October 2007 - 11:40 AM

#117 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:02 PM

I'm griping. Yes, I was too busy to see it in theaters, as well as don't have ten bucks to shell out for a lousy theatre ticket, as well as my car died so I have no transportation. My computer is not working properly so pirating is not an option even if I did want to resort to that (which I don't usually because of university crackdown on it). So I was going to rent it soon now that's it's out.

Now there's no point because you ruined it for me, thanks. I really would have appreciated a spoiler tag.

And I don't think arguing insultingly with a head moderator is the best idea. happy.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#118 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:09 PM

Spoiler alert:

People run around for one hour or so and Sam is kinda awkward with this girl.
For the next one and a half hours, grey blurs fight other grey blurs in a grey blur of action and grey. I think one of them gets a heart transplant in the end.

Oh, and the only thing worth seeing is when Prime says "Roll out". I'd like to see a movie just about that. Prime would lose his ability to say roll out because of Megatron, and then Megatron will start saying it. Then Starscream will try to steal it from him and get smacked about, then go and try to fix Prime, and then Prime decides its time to transform and roll out to fight Megatron, but Megatron ALSO thinks its time to transform and roll out!!!1111

I'm sorry. My brain was overwhelmed by awesome... anyhow.

I don't advise that anyone see transformers. I went in to see Megatron bitch at Starscream and Optimus get owned by the decepticons only to triumph because of the aforesaid Starscream.

What you get is hours of nonsensical human crap, gimickry, and of course the military fighting transformers.

There are a few funny moments that seem more in touch with the series, and yeah the models for the transformers are neat, but once they transform they all look pretty much the same, especially the decepticons who, in the series, were the ones with the most individuality.

If I want to see the military get effed by a nigh undefeatable menace I'll rent, ya know, every other monster/action film ever. I wanted to see some damned transformers fighting it out, but the action moved so fast and the transformers looked so similiar that I couldn't make out a damned bit of what was going on when they fought.

At least trying to incorporate the G1 models would have helped, as would NOT going into the whole Matrix Like Action ™ thing, which no one on earth has failed to grow tired of.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 21 October 2007 - 01:12 PM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#119 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:25 PM

Really? I've heard it was really good.

Mostly I want to see it because my ten-year old brother saw it a couple days ago, and wants me to see it. So really I guess it doesn't matter if it sucks, I've gotta see it for him. (But it still really sucks to already know the ending to movies that I haven't seen and am going to.)
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#120 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (optimus_prime @ Oct 19 2007, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its also interesting that there are many similarities between this film and terminator 3..let me explain...

at the end of terminator 3, arnie kills the tx by shoving a bomb in her mouth...at the end of transformers,..sam kills megatron by shoving the allspark inside of him

sam's character is similiar to john connor's..they are both central characters, that are deemed espeically important to the alien conflict thats taking place,...both are viewed as nerdy kids in school, that are pretty much not even noticed by the girls they find attractive. (ok, so john connor didnt initially like kate brewster..but they fell in love by movie's end) you get the idea,..the series of apocalyptic events brings each couple together

both films show that upon the aliens arrival, they are soon "scanning" the area for suitable earth forms.

both films are chock full of cheesy campy humor...arnie says "talk to the hand"...prime says "my bad"

both films are lacking in storyline,.but are loaded with action scenes.

both films feature heavy military involvement and jargon

lots of emergency type vehicles are used in both films..both feature the sounds of over-amplified sirens as openers when the story cuts to a new scene.

both films use characters that are considerably aged,.and show it. t3 featuring arnold,.and transformers featuring peter cullen's voice. (i guess the concept here is,.better now than never..better make the film with these individual high profile talents, before they are deemed too old for their respective roles)

for some odd reason...the scene in t3,.where arnie is dangling from a crane and gets slammed into several delapitated buildings in Los Angeles,.somehow seems faintly similiar to when Optimus is battling a decepticon on the multi stacked freeway overpasses...I dont know why...but it does.

...and on a last note...whats with the truck advertising "Furby"??..that toy is outdated by at least 10 yrs or so...i didnt get it...is that some sort of joke??

Wow. I'm impressed that in a list of similarities between Terminator 3 and Transformers that you didn't mention that both films begin with 't' and more importantly feature GOOD AND BAD ROBOTS!

Also, where are the 'aliens' in T3?

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size