FOX News memo from my favorite journalist, Keith Olbermann

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:20 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15750535/

Now, I don't think Fox News is biased. I agree with Steven Colbert that it is reality that has a liberal bias. Remember, facts may change, but the opinions of the people at Fox never will.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:48 AM

J m, you're a pretty thorough guy. I'm sure you could dig up a CNN memo which discusses how to trash Conservative concerns on a daily basis. smile.gif

#3 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:11 AM

No, I don't think I could, because while individual people in CNN might have their own views, the network itself is not geared towards promoting any agenda. NO legitimate news organization will ever put out a memo saying "Let's look for terrorists celebrating the democratic victory". And as the article states shortly after that order went out their correspondents did indeed to claim to have seen just that.

Such a thing is wholly illogical, I don't have even the slightest belief that the Iraqi insurgents would party based on a minor defeat for Bush's evil empire. If Bush died, there might be partying in the streets (and at my house, and in various other places in the US) but I doubt Moqtada Sadr is putting on his party hat cuz a slightly different political party has begun to return the system of checks and balances.

The point is though that no news network actually determines the news before reporting it. That's not news, that's the two minutes hate.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#4 User is offline   Krusty Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:15 PM

I remember a few years ago when FOX were broadcasting similar 'dancing in the streets' after 9/11. Turns out they were using old footage from years ago, and saying it was new. It was also from another country than the one stated.

Losers.

#5 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:05 AM

I really am expecting them to start taking Stephen Colbert's character seriously and actually hiar him.

#6 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:21 PM

CNN are guilty of Pushing opinion into their presentation of the facts they just don't do it as clumsily, blatently, or unproffessionally as Fox.

BBC has far more credability than either.

but saying that, CNN is still far more respectable than Fox. Fox News is a fucking joke. They're up their with the black texter marks on old russian newspapers deal. Thank christ they don't control the "facts" and that you have somewhere else to go.

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:41 PM

Fine; Maybe now we all have to come to grips with what we've known all along: In the mid to late 1990s, if one was a conservative, they would easily be able to see through the veiled liberal bias which used to be the only song in town. And then Fox news came along and offered conservatives a point of view which, if not unbiased, was more to the their liking. Fair is fair.

They've always been that way. It's not as if they're doing anything different now. wink.gif

I'll be honest, I don't watch Fox news much, if at all anymore and haven't for a while. But in the Clinton years; Now That was Entertainment.

#8 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:02 AM

I quote Stephen Colbert when I say "Reality has a well known liberal bias"

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:50 AM

Yeah, the Colbert show has the liberal youth think they're so hip I imagine. Overplays his hand if you ask me. I really don't believe O'Reilly is as powerful a voice as they like to shout that he is.

#10 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 13 December 2006 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Dec 12 2006, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be honest, I don't watch Fox news much, if at all anymore and haven't for a while. But in the Clinton years; Now That was Entertainment.

that would have been fun, i didn't know i had fox news until after bush got in.

man, like i said, CNN is a dirty little opinion whore as well, but they at least try to be a little subtle about it. fox news are all like: "ALL DEMOCRATS ARE N4ZI FAGGOT TERRORIST QUEERS!!!"

#11 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Dec 13 2006, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fox news are all like: "ALL DEMOCRATS ARE N4ZI FAGGOT TERRORIST QUEERS!!!"

And if any of those are tuned in, they ought to know better than to be watching Fox news if they don't want to be offended! biggrin.gif

Seriously. Somehow, don't you think, the subtle approach is more an affront to ones intelligence? The blatant fox attitude you cite doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't. And I appreciate that. sick.gif

#12 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:20 AM

You could cite that the difference between CNN and FOX is the same, as the difference is between the democrats and republicans themselves. One tells you what they believe, and does it. One says what you want them to do, and do the same as the other one when they are in power.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 14 December 2006 - 10:21 AM

#13 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:06 PM

Except not always what ANY political party wants is right for the country. Clinton brought down the deficit by closing military bases. And his kickstart to his presidency was the upswing that GHWB was responsible for.

Republicans got rid of wasteful welfare, and they weren't even in the white house. I guess what I'm espousing is that nothing is cut and dried according to party. Except conservatives believe in developing the individual and democrats believe in keeping them impoverished.

But it's a one party system anyway. sad.gif That's why I've basically given up caring.

One thing I thought about coming into work today: The recent immigrant crackdown is the biggest meat-packing bust since they raided mark foley's (rep) office. that was a joke on Leno last night.

So if we went the other way, we could make fun of a democrat that extolls family values? Like if somebody wanted to prove Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton sleep together? (shudder)

#14 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Dec 13 2006, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And if any of those are tuned in, they ought to know better than to be watching Fox news if they don't want to be offended! biggrin.gif
Seriously. Somehow, don't you think, the subtle approach is more an affront to ones intelligence? The blatant fox attitude you cite doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't. And I appreciate that. sick.gif

despy.... if you know me at all by now you'll know I'm disgusted by both. sleep.gif

#15 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:17 AM

Reflex, sorry. And what is it worth fighting for? Oh yeah- rock n' roll.

it's late here.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. smile.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size