Chefelf.com Night Life: Americans Finally Manage To Fry Coke! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Americans Finally Manage To Fry Coke! Friday 8th September, Gods We're Doomed

#1 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:39 PM

Newest Fair Food: Deep-Fried Coca-Cola
POSTED: 12:35 pm EDT September 5, 2006

DALLAS -- There are fried Twinkies and even fried candy bars.

Now, vendor Abel Gonzales Jr. has come up with a new artery-clogging concoction for the State Fair of Texas. It's fried Coke.

Gonzales deep-fries Coca-Cola-flavored batter. He then drizzles Coke fountain syrup on it. The fried Coke is topped with whipped cream, cinnamon sugar and a cherry. Gonzales said the fried Coke came about just from thinking aloud.

Gonzales' diet-buster wins the creativity honor at the second-annual Big Tex Choice Awards Contest.

Judges for the contest chose Shirley London's Fried Praline Perfection as the tastiest fried delicacy.

The two won out among 26 entries such as fried macaroni and cheese and a deep-fried cosmopolitan.

London said she came up with the fried pralines idea after buying pralines at the fair last year. She plans to sell the pralines alongside fried marshmallows.

Gonzales achieved notoriety in 2005 with the fried peanut butter, banana, and jelly sandwich -- selling an estimated 25,000 of the treats, according to the fair's Web site. The site said London got media attention in 2004 with her fried marshmallows on-a-stick.

This is the same state fair that brought about the corn dog. The Web site said Neil and Carl Fletcher conjured up a sweetened corn-battered wiener on-a-stick and sold it for 15 cents during the 1942 State Fair of Texas.

The fair begins Sept. 29.

http://www.wgal.com/...814/detail.html

Conclusive proof that America is going to kill itself, not through bombing tiny Arabian countries into toffee, but by frying every damn thing that exists and eating it. pinch.gif
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:11 PM

Another way of frying people internally.

I don't like the taste I imagine on tainting fried stuff with coke. Could their solution be more sugar or flavorings.

#3 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Sep 7 2006, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Conclusive proof that America is going to kill itself, not through bombing tiny Arabian countries into toffee, but by frying every damn thing that exists and eating it. pinch.gif

Ouch. And I was just thinking about how many people are now going to imitate the action of those in the article. But thanks for the item. Now I'm inspired to fry new things. smile.gif

Actually, I did grill a pizza the other night, and it turned out great.

#4 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:14 PM

Ack! That's just bazarre.

#5 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:31 PM

you know soon someone at a restaurant is going to deep fry an actual can of coke after battering it. Hell when I worked at Hardees anything that would fit was deep fried -shirts, ice, pencils, etc.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#6 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:34 PM

I don't believe Americans invented Fried Ice Cream. But we should have.

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:36 AM

speachless... utterly speachless...

gobsmacked, stunned, curious and disgusted!!!

WTF???

why god why?!?

#8 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 02:47 AM

I was in Oregon noty long ago and found this little restaurant on the coast called "Fisherman Direct" or something like that. I thought, "Well, I'm fairly used to seafood living in Vancouver, but I have to eat, so why not here?" I ordered a mixed plate, and got some Mussels, Halibut, Shrimp, etc. Every single item was deep fried. I couldn't have been more disappointed.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#9 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:25 AM

Ye Gods, what have we done.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#10 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:32 AM

*bafflement*
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#11 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:50 AM

Four years ago to my visit to an interview up North most of the places in this particular part batters most of their foods.

After the journey I stopped out at a supermarket cafe. I ordered a breakfast meal and by shock they added batter and grease all over it. I went to Burger King and they added on extra grease to the contents. The shops didn't have much of the choice I would like but they had plenty of packet processed battered foods.

Worst of all during my stay at a hotel I went across the road to a take away shop.
There was this man with a slight beard and a fat lady both serving, she sounded so rude by her reply "WAT DO YA WANT!!!!"

I asked for two chicken burgers with salad. She said she doesn't have salad.
Another shock I discovered: She took out a thin tall metal tray, you know the ones with the round edges they use to slide in salads bars and that was filled full of raw batter. She was dipping the burgers inside the batter and placing them on the cooker.

I asked her:
"Excuse me."
"Wat! "
"I don't want any batter on my burgers thank you."

Behind my back when I wasn't looking she battered it and quickly fried it.
I only found out after I brought it back.

So down to eating, after I ate 3/4 of the first burger I could just feel the batter going down my throat slowly, it felt so heavy, hard and large and I could not breath very well. Water worsened the effects and I felt like I ate a whole lot of watered tissue. This went on for hours so I went running on the pier and the sea side front until the pain died down.

I think this is something else compared the indigestion I normally get for eating too much of food in one go. They said that the area had a higher rate for heart disease and over weight related deaths but no wonder why. I doubt I could survive on a diet like that for two weeks and I find it fascinating how people are able to survive long on that diet of food. This shows that adaptivity can still suffer the common fate. I just don't want to use my energy for adaptions like that and I am thankful I am not living there.

#12 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:47 PM

I am deeply ashamed. blushing.gif
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#13 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:06 PM

Well, going by the title of this thread; Americans were a bunch of idiots UNTIL they managed to fry Coke. So we DID it. What's your problem? biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, world-view; the bane of existence.

Go outside and kick a soccer ball.

#14 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:35 PM

I was always under the impression that deep-frying not-normally-deep-fried foods was, in fact, a U.K. thing more than an American thing -- born of the Scottish chip shop and all that ...

#15 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:49 PM

My problem could be an extra excuse to add more artificial flavourings to that. It could make more addictions to junk food.

But what happened to me was a real taste of being battered up.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size