Chefelf.com Night Life: Star Wars: Episode III: The Title - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Star Wars: Episode III: The Title

#16 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 28 March 2004 - 09:41 PM

Was he "Stay on Target"? I know he's the one who Biggs tells to pull up but he says he's alright and then crashes, I didn't realize he was also Stay on Target. But yeah, his name is Jek Porkins. I think they called him Piggy or Porky or something.

#17 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 28 March 2004 - 09:53 PM

that's FUCKED!!!

why didn't they just call him Fatty McLardy or Jek Fatass...
great imagination there from the human jowl, Lucas!!!

#18 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 28 March 2004 - 11:17 PM

I think his call sign was Gold Two, and he was the first rebel to die in the battle. (snif)

memorable line, though. Porkins being piggish and all, shouldn't we be introduced to some kind of star wars livestock?

#19 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:44 AM

Who was that guy that Luke talked too prior to the final battle, then when he died, Luke was all emotional. The guy had a part just as big as Porkens, but Luke did not even blink an eye when he got blasted into a million peices.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#20 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:37 AM

Porkins is not the "stay on target guy" That guy is Gold Leader prior to getting blasted out of the Death Star in the trench run. Porkins is, as someone mentioned the first Rebel to die in the battle (he is also the guy who played Lt. Eckhardt (sp) in the first Batman movie with Micheal Keaton).

The guy Luke talks to before the battle is his old friend from Tatooine Biggs (he mentions him when he's wingeing to Beru and Owen - "Oww Biggs is right, I'm never gonna get out of here."). He's cut up because he has known Biggs since he was a kid, whereas he's probably never said a word to Porkins and probably only learns his name because they break protocol and call Porkins by his name rather than is pilot code name.

Hope that helps! biggrin.gif
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#21 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:08 AM

Porkins is, as someone mentioned the first Rebel to die in the battle (he is also the guy who played Lt. Eckhardt (sp) in the first Batman movie with Micheal Keaton).

Son of a_____, you're right Supes!!!! That is the guy from Batman. Wow, do you realize his career is in better shape than jake Lloyds is right now.

'Nother piece of trivia. Do you guys realize that the guy that played, General Veers {The commander of the Hoth land battle force} is the same actor that played the bad guy in Indiana Jones and the last Crusade. {the rich guy, not the Nazi}

#22 User is offline   Ferris Wiel Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:44 PM

The guy who played Jek Porkins also appeared in Raiders as a government official at the beginning.

Jek Porkins line was, "I can hold it."

Here's my explanation of the situation:

Explosive Results, the tale of Jek Porkins

You see, there was faulty wiring in those old snub fighters. Hell, the vehicles had been with the Rebellion since the beginning and with shortages on supplies most were held together in fashions that would make a Jawa blush. Anyhow, they did a lot of short-circuiting to make systems operate and used spools of cheap wire and replacement parts. As a result, they were crackling with electricity, a fire hazard to be sure.

On the morning of the assault on the Death Star Jek Porkins had an ominous sense. His insides were bubbling with raw emotion as he downed his protein-rich breakfast gruel. Perhaps it was nerves for his upcoming test of skill or it may have been the fact that he suffered from a series of internal difficulties brought on by long, hard years as a spacer. Eating nearly-spoiled food rations and grabbing greasy grub on the go contributed to his rotund figure. He was well known by his handle of "Piggy" to the others. It also had adverse effects upon his delicate stomach and intestinal linings. As a result, he was full of more hot air than any diplomat on the Senate or Dodonna on his worst day.

As he boarded his fighter, the rusty yet trusty ship he affectionately referred to as Sparky he saluted his senior officers and waved to his buddies working the hangar, little knowing that it would be his last time. Pre-flight checks showed all systems as functioning within normal parameters, but as the canopy lowered two quick electrical releases tipped him off to the necessity of having the powering systems checked out again.

That familiar exhiliration of taking off heightened with the anticipation of his opportunity to right the wrongs of the universe. This would be the day the Empire breathe with a little less ease and the scent of fear would be palpable. As Jek and Sparky left the atmosphere zero-gee sensations struck the pilot and a brief wave of dizziness and nausea came over him then passed.

"Look at the size of that thing!" Wedge Antilles, the rookie from Corellia shouted a bit too loudly into Jek's headset.

The commander barked back, "Cut the chatter, Red 2."

Within moments of clearing the edge of the planet Yavin he spotted the gargantuan destructive force that was the Death Star. His spine tingled and his fingers itched for an opportunity to have his crack at the superweapon.

"All wings report in." The pilots quickly completed roll call generating a list of the brave men who were willing to give their lives to protect the galaxy.

"Lock S-foils in attack position." The X-Wing fighters in perfect unison snapped their wings into place. However ragtag, the sight of men with such honor and courage and their ability to maintain decorum even in the face of insurmountable odds would bring a tear to the eye of the most hardened veteran.

Suddenly another wave of nausea hit Jek, "We're passing through the magnetic fields, hold tight." This would prove almost too much for Porkins. The ghost of his gruel filled his head and the gruel itself began to rise in his throat. He attempted to calm himself.

The artificial as well as the natural gravity of the Death Star shook the ship, but Jek held it together. Flying cover for the other fighters, that would be the task.

First objective, neutralize the towers. Jek took great pride in his targeting abilities, in his younger years he had been the best when it came to maneuvering but as his senses dulled over time he knew that in spite of his lost speed he still had steady hands. He used this to his advantage in taking out the immobile threats on the surface of the space station.

There was a problem, though. After a particularly clean run he suddenly found himself in an orgy of crossfire. His starfighter sensibilities quickly snapped back and a rush of adrenaline gave him the lightning quickness he remembered from his youth. He spiraled and twisted, narrowly avoiding being hit.

As the rush subsided another sensation came over him. In his excitement at recapturing and overcoming he had forgotten himself and his other ailments. While he had dodged the bolt from an outside threat, he had neglected the threat within. A shockwave rocked his torso.

"Jek, pull up!" His wingman shrieked at him.

Completely ignoring the imploring he called out, "I can hold it." He knew that if a single ounce eeked out that it was game over. But his grasp of the situation was quickly slipping. He thought of his past, no family, many friends, no loves outside of spicy foods. Damn my life.

"I can hold it!"

He couldn't.

*Pfffft*

*BOOOOM!*

Please, talk to your loved ones about irritable bowel syndrome. It could save his life.

--FW

#23 User is offline   Ferris Wiel Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (Mike Mac from NYU @ Apr 1 2004, 10:08 AM)
Porkins is, as someone mentioned the first Rebel to die in the battle (he is also the guy who played Lt. Eckhardt (sp) in the first Batman movie with Micheal Keaton).

Son of a_____, you're right Supes!!!! That is the guy from Batman. Wow, do you realize his career is in better shape than jake Lloyds is right now.

'Nother piece of trivia. Do you guys realize that the guy that played, General Veers {The commander of the Hoth land battle force} is the same actor that played the bad guy in Indiana Jones and the last Crusade. {the rich guy, not the Nazi}

Yeah. Donovan.

--FW

#24 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Mike Mac from NYU @ Apr 1 2004, 10:08 AM)

and lets not forget that cliff from cheers!!! or that watto is boris the bullet doger!!!

and supes: "TK421, why aren't you at your post?" is the princliple from 'heartbreak high'!!!

#25 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:04 PM

Lt. Eckhardt (sp) in the first Batman movie with Micheal Keaton

No way! That is amazing. I liked the raspy voice Eckardt spoke with.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#26 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2004 - 03:56 AM

Wow!

Didn't mean to kick off a where are they now string, but hey, what the hell, let's get into it.

Barend, I didn't really get to watch much of Heartbreak High so wouldn't have picked the principal, but I'll take your word for it.

Here are some I guess for the researchers:

Where's Wedge?
Where's Needa?
Wheres' the voice of Jabba?

They should do for a start wink.gif

This post has been edited by Supes: 02 April 2004 - 03:57 AM

Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#27 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 04 April 2004 - 09:22 PM

I know that wedge is Ewan McGreggers' uncle and was in a film called 'local hero' or something like that...

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size