Chefelf.com Night Life: The Latest Middle East Crisis - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

The Latest Middle East Crisis Israel vs ... everybody?!

#31 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:33 PM

Ok, I’m not defending Jordan’s assertion that all Muslims are demented. But you have to wonder what it is about Islam that seems to attract thousands of crazies that choose to organize and use terror. You don’t exactly hear about large Mormon terror cells encircling the globe now do you. Even Satanism, a religion that could possibly be seen as being “demented” - I’m not saying it is by the way - doesn’t have groups of people who want to go out and kill folks in mass quantities.

So what gives then? People get pissed when they say all Muslims are terrorists, while the fact of the matter remains that the terrorists that keep showing up are Muslims. Anybody care to field that one?

#32 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Jul 18 2006, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don’t exactly hear about large Mormon terror cells encircling the globe now do you.

I beg to differ!

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Jul 18 2006, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even Satanism, a religion that could possibly be seen as being “demented” - I’m not saying it is by the way - doesn’t have groups of people who want to go out and kill folks in mass quantities.

You obviously haven't played Doom 3...

This post has been edited by Zewb: 18 July 2006 - 06:20 PM

"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#33 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jul 17 2006, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I can think Muslims are demented. I think they're religion is demented so anyone that follows it is demented. Having an negative opinion on them or not makes no difference to them slade, you're still a piece of shit infidel in their eyes, so dont' worry about offending them.

i heartely agree... they're a bunch of wankers. non muslims in muslim countries have NO rights and are practically KOS. you couldn't attain more antipathy if you tried.

they don't deserve political correctness insurance...

#34 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:04 PM

http://www.exmormon.org/

Some stuff on there shows that Mormons aren't all that, either. (By posting that link, I am in no way trying to say that Mormons are bad or "demented" or anything. Just showing that yes, there are Mormon terrors.)

Every religion has its kooks. People just notice Muslim kooks more because they're one of the biggest religons ever, therefore have more people/power, etc. You can't lump in everyone together; that's not fair to the people that haven't done anything.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#35 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Jul 18 2006, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I’m not defending Jordan’s assertion that all Muslims are demented. But you have to wonder what it is about Islam that seems to attract thousands of crazies that choose to organize and use terror. You don’t exactly hear about large Mormon terror cells encircling the globe now do you. Even Satanism, a religion that could possibly be seen as being “demented” - I’m not saying it is by the way - doesn’t have groups of people who want to go out and kill folks in mass quantities.

So what gives then? People get pissed when they say all Muslims are terrorists, while the fact of the matter remains that the terrorists that keep showing up are Muslims. Anybody care to field that one?

Many terrorists these days are Muslim.

The overwhelming majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

Pretty easy.

What about those IRA wankers? Finding religious nutters willing to die and kill other people over their beliefs isn't hard to do. Sure, Islam tends to have more these days, but that's just how the tides have shifted. It's not a phenomenon unique to their religion, as history has ably proven over and over and over again, and as I said, the vasy majority of Muslims are not anything even remotely close to being "terrorists."

There's such a thing as wanting to be harsh on those that pracitce terror...but using that mentality as an excuse to damn over a billion people is asinine.

#36 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:37 AM

Thanks, Spoon, and MyPants. Simply because many of the terrorists we hear about are Muslim does not mean that Islam is a crazy religion that supports terror any more than any other mainstream religion. What breeds terrorism is not the religion itself, but the social, cultural, and economic conditions of the region. The countries where terrorism exists are constantly war-torn and carry the burden of many, many years of animosity toward the various groups in the region. These regions are also ultra-conservative, which breeds more ignorance, intolerance, and hatred. Religion is only a way for them to excuse what they're doing, not the problem of the religion.

And considering the overall loss of life, military aggression is much more effective in the butcher of innocents. Israel's killed hundreds of civilians during its air-raids in recent days, sadly. I'm sure that its enemies would do that too, if they had the large, US backed military and general high military spending that Israel does, of course, but right now it's the big I doing most of the work.

Barend: There's a big difference between not saying something out of fear of not being PC, and not saying it because it's bullshit. Your statements are correct, but insinuate Islam as the cause of the problem, rather than the real causes, which I touched above. It can happen anywhere with any civilization. When the English colonized North America, they were Puritans and slaughtered the American Indians, as well as hanging and burning many people on unfounded claims of witchcraft.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#37 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jul 19 2006, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barend: There's a big difference between not saying something out of fear of not being PC, and not saying it because it's bullshit. Your statements are correct, but insinuate Islam as the cause of the problem, rather than the real causes, which I touched above. It can happen anywhere with any civilization. When the English colonized North America, they were Puritans and slaughtered the American Indians, as well as hanging and burning many people on unfounded claims of witchcraft.

Which proves that it was an actual problem based on their narrow-minded religious beliefs. The bible says thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. Even if it was a 17th century addition, they took it literally. Were the puritans a bunch of loonies who were looking for an excuse to kill folks? Were thy simply victims of economic and social problems that existed in the region for hundreds of years? I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that Puritanism is a demented religion, from what I have read. It was the religion that gave sick people the excuse to give into their hatred. Lots of Christians have been guilty of the same thing throughout the past.

I’ve met many well-adjusted people who lost their minds and common sense after having been “born again.” Economics and war-torn countries didn’t turn them into narrow-minded bigots, religion did. Why is Jordan all of a sudden wrong for assuming there may be something fundamentally wrong with the religion of Islam? Sure not all Christians are lesbian hating dickheads, and not all Muslims want to blow shit up. But something is definitely amiss.

#38 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Jul 19 2006, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which proves that it was an actual problem based on their narrow-minded religious beliefs. The bible says thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. Even if it was a 17th century addition, they took it literally. Were the puritans a bunch of loonies who were looking for an excuse to kill folks? Were thy simply victims of economic and social problems that existed in the region for hundreds of years? I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that Puritanism is a demented religion, from what I have read. It was the religion that gave sick people the excuse to give into their hatred. Lots of Christians have been guilty of the same thing throughout the past.

I’ve met many well-adjusted people who lost their minds and common sense after having been “born again.” Economics and war-torn countries didn’t turn them into narrow-minded bigots, religion did. Why is Jordan all of a sudden wrong for assuming there may be something fundamentally wrong with the religion of Islam? Sure not all Christians are lesbian hating dickheads, and not all Muslims want to blow shit up. But something is definitely amiss.

But you're leaping from point A to point Z. There's over a billion Muslims in the world. That's BILLION with a "b." There's probably, what, several thousand Muslim terrorists running around these days? Hell, I'll be extra generous...let's say there's a million of them...that's still VASTLY in the minority of the entire religion! I simply do not understand the mentality that we have to judge or condemn or "do something" about the entire religion when if you look in the numbers, the people causing the problems are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the minority.

Being religious zealots is obviously pushing a lot of these guys on, but it's being treated by some like it's the only reason they're terrorists. You just basically pushed aside all of the social and economic and political reasons as to why terrorism exists just to say "religion," and that's wrong, period. This is so far from being a black and white issue like that.

#39 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:45 AM

The problems in the middle east have nothing to do with Muslims and Jews, it has to do with... suprize suprize... CHRISTIANS! Those loveable rogues, everything in the world that has ever gone wrong since the very dawn of the establishment of the Roman Catholic Church can be pinned down to the Christians. I'm not saying they caused most problems, no I'm saying EVERYTHING. Right from murders of "pagans", to the destruction of thousands of years of history because it was "pagan". From believing things that make no sense, to murdering those whom proved or tired to prove that the Church's believe's are as false as most Models's tits.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 19 July 2006 - 11:46 AM

#40 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:54 PM

just because someone is islamic doesn't make them a terrorist i agree.

i'm not saying all islamic followers are terrorist, but i am saying they are all jerks.

it's a fucked religion. they way women are treated is disgracfull, and completely contradictory to what is meant to be their original beliefs.
the whole clitectomy, and wife bashing bit draggs down the non-terrorist side of things for that religion i'm affraid.

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying there's no exceptions, just that the islamic way of llife in majority is one fucked up institute. and the only good members are the ones who would be shunned by their leaders for not being jerky enough.

#41 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Jul 19 2006, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problems in the middle east have nothing to do with Muslims and Jews, it has to do with... suprize suprize... CHRISTIANS! Those loveable rogues, everything in the world that has ever gone wrong since the very dawn of the establishment of the Roman Catholic Church can be pinned down to the Christians. I'm not saying they caused most problems, no I'm saying EVERYTHING. Right from murders of "pagans", to the destruction of thousands of years of history because it was "pagan". From believing things that make no sense, to murdering those whom proved or tired to prove that the Church's believe's are as false as most Models's tits.

Oh, come on. I'm as atheist as they come, but this is pretty absurd.

#42 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:36 PM

Yeah. The good doctor likes to troll for the already confused once in a while. Just pat him on the head and go on your merry way.

Besides, everybody knows the real reason the Middle East is in turmoil is the Swiss army knife.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#43 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jul 19 2006, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. The good doctor likes to troll for the already confused once in a while. Just pat him on the head and go on your merry way.

Besides, everybody knows the real reason the Middle East is in turmoil is the Swiss army knife.

Everytime I lose the damn toothpick I want to stab someone with the corkscrew. JIHAAAAAAAAAD!!!

#44 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:14 PM

THE END OF THE WORLD IS AT HAND!!!

*runs around in circles, arms waving wildly*

rolleyes.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#45 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:46 PM

uh... i hate to tell you this but the end of the world has already been. It's just a matter of time for everyone to realize it.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size