Chefelf.com Night Life: chordless crazzy cuts commuter - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

chordless crazzy cuts commuter 2006-07-07

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:53 PM

Man attacks NY subway passengers with power-saws
Victim says suspect was trying to 'cut through' him

NEW YORK

A man wielding a cordless power saw in each hand rampaged through a Manhattan subway station early Thursday, using one of the buzzing blades to carve into the chest of a postal worker who later said it felt like "he was trying to cut through me." Police were questioning a 33-year-old man they captured about two hours later after he allegedly punched someone in another random attack on the street a few blocks away on the Upper West Side.

The subway victim, Michael Steinberg, 64, was hospitalized in stable condition. Speaking by phone to reporters who gathered outside the hospital, he said the attack was unprovoked.

The assailant "never spoke," Steinberg said. "I think he was out of his mind." Steinberg claimed that transit workers who witnessed the assault did nothing to stop it, even when he screamed for help.

"He just kept stabbing me and stabbing me and stabbing me and the transit employees just kept working and working and working," he said. "It's a sad commentary on how people just don't give damn." A New York City Transit spokeswoman, Deirdre Parker, said officials were looking into whether the workers in question actually were employed by a private contractor, not the city.

The incident began at about 3:30 a.m. when the attacker snatched the two saws from a cart being used by workers upgrading the public address system at the station, located at West 110th Street and Amsterdam Avenue.

The suspect took a swipe at one rider on a platform and missed, police said. Moments later, he assaulted Steinberg just as the victim was about to run his subway card through a turnstile.

"He looked at me and before I knew it, he was attacking me," Steinberg said. "The motor kept going on. He was trying to cut through me. ... I screamed for help -- 'Please help! Please help me!'" He said the attacker finally paused to demand money, then bolted out of the station with his wallet and the power tools. The saws were later found ditched a trash can on West 110th Street.

The attack came two weeks after a Boston man was charged with injuring four people -- three of them tourists -- during a 13-hour stabbing spree in the subway and the theater district in Manhattan.

article

thanks to Slade

how do people expect to stop terrorism when no one is willing to do anything when the chance comes...

the article says 'workers' plural... when you outnumber the assailant, even an armed one, he has buggar all chance if winning. and if two cordless saws were lying around, there were probably wrenches and other tools...

people are selfish apathetic cowards. although this was probably the ONLY time transit employees wer ACTUALLY at least pretending to work... dry.gif the fact that they appeared to be working suggests that they DID infact know what was going on.

#2 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:19 PM

Well if it is about taking people to court then they seem to care. The attacker only cared to stop for money as it seems.

It sounds that he has a financial problem that led into a mental problem. He could have lost something big for him to act like that except nobody cared so why should he care? His behaviour was irrational but was it rational for the workers not to care? This kind of thing could be what happens when nobody cares. I cannot see where it says or suggest that he was drunk or high at the time. Still this is just a guess.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 09 July 2006 - 08:34 PM

#3 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:15 PM

its not about insanity, its about being unchallanged.

people are basically scum. they will do the worst things if they know they can get away with it. we call it madness but the fact that he took money, should kind of fuck his insanity plead. taking money establishes the criminal as a person with criminal intent as opposed to random violence exicuted out of mental instability.

people need to stick the fuck together, and stop being so damned self concearned...

we either have socciety or anarchy, but a society in which everyone is out for themselves, and refusing to play by the damn rules or lend a fucking helping hand once in a while is going to collapse...

you can't have cell phones and supermarkets and all the wonderfull convineices of a modern society, then have every one acting like a total twat by passig all the rules and structures that make the society they exploit...

it will collapse on your ass and you and your species will fucking die!!!
get it mankind, it's that bloody simple.

can that ass and put it away... maybe we should have a 'good samaritan law' like in sienfeld...

jail for cowards... that's the world i want to live in.

#4 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

So are you saying that I am a scum? Well it is true that advantages are taken but I do not go round the corner to steal of people. I suppose some people do help me in a way, they just stare at me in an odd way as if I was a frightening creature from a zoo and that is because of the coat I wear. If it is about someone vandalising a car across the road or shouting abuse, they are looked upon as normal.

I am looking behind the reasons what triggered him to do that whether it was a common thing to do the worst and easiest to get the money or the cause of something else. Oh I said the behaviour was irrational, indirectly I mean criminal behaviour.

#5 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:07 AM

a majority of people are scum.

they accept so much crap, and refuse to tolerate rules that are there for their benifit.

#6 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:52 AM

You'd still have to be pretty insane to think that the best way to get money is to cut halfway through someone's chest with a chainsaw. I'm sure there are easier and less conspicuous ways of demanding money. For starters, threatening with a chainsaw.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:28 PM

greed and malice are both born in the same part of the brain. as they both involve the suffering of others.

and even if they catch him and he pleads insanity, he should recieve harsher sentencing. i mean why do you get a lighter sentance for being insane? if you're crazy your less likley to be rehabilitated, so you should be removed from society indefinatley if your a dnager.

#8 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:59 PM

I thought there are places for people like that but the information I found to the workers running it are just as bad except they have two faces. I know there are very few places who are dedicated to recovering people who are temporary insane.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 10 July 2006 - 09:01 PM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size