Chefelf.com Night Life: Gun freaks freak out on guns at UN - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Gun freaks freak out on guns at UN June 21, 2006

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:30 PM

Gun owners accuse U.N. of July 4 conspiracy
U.N.: Rumor of plan to take away weapons a ‘total misconception’

UNITED NATIONS - Americans mistakenly worried the United Nations is plotting to take away their guns on July 4 — U.S. Independence Day — are flooding the world body with angry letters and postcards, the chairman of a U.N. conference on the illegal small arms trade said on Wednesday.

“I myself have received over 100,000 letters from the U.S. public, criticizing me personally, saying, ‘You are having this conference on the 4th of July, you are not going to get our guns on that day,’” said Prasad Kariyawasam, Sri Lanka’s U.N. ambassador.

“That is a total misconception as far as we are concerned,” Kariyawasam told reporters ahead of the two-week meeting opening on Monday.

For one, July 4 is a holiday at U.N. headquarters and the world body’s staff will be watching a fireworks display from the U.N. lawn rather than attending any meetings, he said.

For another, the U.N. conference will look only at illegal arms and “does not in any way address legal possession,” a matter left to national governments to regulate rather than the United Nations, he added.

The campaign is largely the work of the U.S. National Rifle Association, whose executive vice president, Wayne LaPierre, warns on an NRA Web site (http://www.stopungunban.org/) of a July 4 plot “to finalize a U.N. treaty that would strip all citizens of all nations of their right to self-protection.”

Kariyawasam said, “The U.N. conference will not negotiate any treaty to prohibit citizens of any country from possessing firearms or to interfere with the legal trade in small arms and light weapons.”

A sales pitch
LaPierre, who also uses the site to pitch his new book, “The Global War on Your Guns,” asks NRA members to send letters to Kariyawasam and U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan warning that “the American people will never let you take away the rights that our 4th of July holiday represents.”

The group also asks members to write to John Bolton, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, urging him to “ensure the defeat of this treaty.” Bolton’s office confirmed he had received tens of thousands of cards from concerned Americans.

“We understand their concerns and will work during the conference to communicate their concerns,” Bolton spokesman Richard Grenell said.

At the same time, 1 million people around the world — symbolizing the number of people killed by guns since the last U.N. small arms conference in 2001 — have signed a petition backing stronger controls on arms deals in a campaign organized by Oxfam International, Amnesty International and the International Action Network on Small Arms.

The June 26-July 7 U.N. conference was called to review a 2001 U.N. action plan aimed at stemming the illegal global trade in small arms, which, as defined by the United Nations, range from pistols and grenades to mortars and shoulder-fired anti-aircraft and anti-tank missiles.

The action program set out broad guidelines for national and global measures to track arms sales, promote better management of government arms stockpiles and encourage the destruction of illicit arms.

news article

thanks to J M HoFmArN for this milestone in paranoia-americana

Am i really the only person in the world scared by the fact that the most recognised group of gun owners in the world always seem to be both ANGRY and PARANOID?!? And in a constant state of both...

everything's a god damn conspiracy... and the NRA are always on top of it!

where the hell was their clairvoyancy and ability to defend their nation on sept 11 2001?

i think it's time for the inbred kids with toys that kill to grow the fuck up!!! angry.gif

EDIT: sorry about all the —'s ....will edit out in a bit if i can

This post has been edited by barend: 21 June 2006 - 11:32 PM

#2 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Jun 21 2006, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think it's time for the inbred kids with toys that kill to grow the fuck up!!! angry.gif

A wise man once said... Death solves all problems, no man, no problem... same applies here, they will never "grow up" so the best thing to do is put a bullet in thier head, they are a problem and death is the solution.

(grammercheck)

This post has been edited by Cobnat: 21 June 2006 - 11:50 PM

#3 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:21 AM

Cobnat- You could fiacto

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#4 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:03 AM

That's funny, it usually lets me finish my posts...

Anyhow, as I was trying to say,

Cobnat- You could work a call for mass depopulation into a recipe for pasta salad, but in this case you're spot on.

As for the story,

It scares me that while 100000 idiots managed to scrawl letters (likely in crayon) to fucking Sri Lanka (a country which, I bet my ass none of them could ever locate on a map) some of them also contacted the Bush appointed ambassador to the UN, AND HE FUCKING AGREED WITH THEM.

The UN has no intention, or power to take away our guns, and they're not even meeting this 4th of July, but John Bolton is still promising to stop them. And why would they even bother? The UN couldn't stop the US from shooting people in several foreign nations, how does anyone believe they could stop us from shooting people in our own nation? Would you want to be the weapons inspector who tells Dick Cheney he's not allowed to kill Quails and Texan lawyers anymore? I didn't think so.

Also, if anyone whines about how people are picking on America here, shut up. I am an American but I know when it's time to just hang my head in shame. How fucking self important have we all become to believe that, on a holiday ONLY celebrated in our country, the UN is plotting to take away our guns? Do Sri Lankans even know that there is a holiday on the 4th of July?

100000 ignorant southern gun totin god fearing mouth breathing typical American mindless scum believe that the UN has nothing better to do than try to stop them from shooting gophers and occasionally eachother. They actually believe that they timed this plot to occur on the fourth of July as an added jab at our glorious American freedom and liberty and apple pie. Next people will be saying that heavily armed terrorists are attacking us because they're envious of our right to bear arms. How conceited can a nation get?

And yet we let these people own AUTOMATIC WEAPONS? These letters didn't come from centers of rational thought here. They came from gun nuts. The same heavily armed assholes who have an arsenal the size of Rhode Island's national guard are the same ones who believe Kofi Annan is coming to eat their liberty.

So yeah, laugh at America. We damned well have it coming. You might be able to say that the hundred thousand low lifes and Bush's UN ambassador aren't enough for such a condemnation of the US, so here's some further proof. There are people living here who would buy a book called "The Global War on Guns". I rest my case.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 22 June 2006 - 02:11 AM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#5 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:31 AM

I thought the gangs are too busy cancelling themselves out over trade. Some people could do the job with knives. Why should these people with weapons care about their own country to defend when it might of not cared about them in the first place?

The terrorist hiding in the mountains are probably thinking: "The lesser the man the bigger the share." Guns maybe good for self defense but it seems that the terrorist were most efficient at it.

Perhaps it could be something the government wanted to do and now they reversed the details after it leaked.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 22 June 2006 - 06:41 AM

#6 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:03 AM

On that note, how do gangs who deal with "pimpin' an dealin'" get thier hands on AK's and military issue grenades?

#7 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:07 AM

Yes I don't mean all gangs just the ones who smuggle weapons from other countries. I read that America was the biggest hit to this some years ago when guns were to the people they are up against.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 22 June 2006 - 07:11 AM

#8 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:35 AM

America doesn't need gun control, it needs some bullet control. If bullets cost $5,000, there would be no collateral damage because if people saw someone get shot they would be like "Damn! He must pissed someone off really bad!"

"Damn, I would pop you in the head... if I could afford it... I'm going start saving, take a second job, maybe sell my car, then you're a dead man!"

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 22 June 2006 - 07:36 AM

#9 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:55 AM

The 2nd Ammendment is propped up so ridicuously it's a joke. Pro-gun advocates actually believe that when it was written, it applies to having machine guns and assault rifles and God knows what else to mow down dozens of people in seconds. They totally ignore that it was created when it took over a minute to load a gun just to fire a single shot, and opening the door to your home there was a good chance there was something out there ready to fuck you up.

#10 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (MyPantsAreOnFire @ Jun 22 2006, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 2nd Ammendment is propped up so ridicuously it's a joke.

Hey man, dont mock the 2nd ammendment! Americans need guns to stop the bloody bastard British from invading! TO ARMS! TO ARMS!

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Jun 22 2006, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Damn, I would pop you in the head... if I could afford it... I'm going start saving, take a second job, maybe sell my car, then you're a dead man!"

laugh.gif

#11 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:02 AM

As far as I thought, the 2nd amendment only gave Americans the right to bear arms... I'm not sure why they would want bear arms... but if they want them... it doesn't say guns anywhere. Maybe the 2nd amendment was to legalise some kind of popular dish in the old days. I wonder how you would serve bear arms...

Maybe it they mispelt it and it was suppose to say bare arms, meaning that before then they weren't allowed to show their arms in public, thus the 2nd amendment gave the right to wear short sleved shirts.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 22 June 2006 - 10:07 AM

#12 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:11 AM

That is so like the Americans to mispell thier own constitution.

#13 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:02 AM

Another thought, gist of it stolen from the late American comedian Bill Hicks' material:

In England, where not even the cops are allowed to have guns, the average number of deaths resulting from handguns converges around... twenty people a year. Now, United States, and I believe we all know how THEY feel about guns... 25,000 deaths from handguns every year. However, there's no connection whatsoever.

There's no connection between having a gun and shooting someone with it and NOT having a gun and NOT shooting someone. dry.gif There've been studies made that prove there's absolutely no connection, and you'd be a fool or a communist to make one.

#14 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:21 AM

Ah yes, that would explain why there are just as many guns in Canada as there are in the United States, yet Canada has less gun crime than Britain, in which it takes years and years to earn the right to a gun permit.

#15 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Jun 22 2006, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and you'd be a fool or a communist to make one.

Hey, dont bag communists, if it werent for them America would have fucked up the world long ago.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size