• +

Precognition

#1 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:stuff....

Post icon  Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:50 PM

I am starting to get weirded out... The other day, i was watching "Attack of the show" and somehow, i could quote everything that this guy was saying before he said it, for like a minute. That isnt the only wierd thing, sometimes i know stuff before it happens, like i was watching tennis, Andy Roddick, and i called what was going to happen that point... its freakin me out because it is starting to happen more and more often...
OH NO!!!

#2 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (ion eon @ May 31 2006, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am starting to get weirded out... The other day, i was watching "Attack of the show" and somehow, i could quote everything that this guy was saying before he said it, for like a minute. That isnt the only wierd thing, sometimes i know stuff before it happens, like i was watching tennis, Andy Roddick, and i called what was going to happen that point... its freakin me out because it is starting to happen more and more often...

I know just what you mean, like knowing that a movie is going to suck right before you watch it.

#3 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:06 PM

either you're having some crazy psychic moments, or tv is just getting more and more predictable....
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#4 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:08 PM

EVERYONE gets creepy psychic moments.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#5 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:13 PM

I have a different opinion if everyone would like to hear it...

For you see, I suffer the same type of problems, seeing into the future is one big pain in the ass, but useful if you know how to use it properly.
My 'visions' come to me through sleep form, one night Id have a dream about an event, then the next day or next week ot next month, the EXACT thing happens, Im not just talking about the event, but also what Im thinking in my dream reflects on what Im thinking during the event in real life.

In this aspect, I have a theory... that people like me and (if what Ion Eon is telling us it true) Ion Eon are the evolution of man, not to say we are more advanced, but to say that we were born to be more tuned to these 'visions' and 'powers' and that we can do so much more if we focusted enough...

...well its either that or Emu is right and TV has become predictable. I remember I could guess every comercial that was coming up when I was a bit younger.

#6 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (ion eon @ May 31 2006, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am starting to get weirded out... The other day, i was watching "Attack of the show" and somehow, i could quote everything that this guy was saying before he said it, for like a minute.

i was like that with night watch for like 80% of the movie...

i susspect that someone had described the whole film to me while i was drunk previously...

i can often predict what people are going to say word for word...

but thats just because of unnoriginal nature of man.

#7 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:02 PM

One of my favorite activities is watching Scooby Doo and revealing the entire plot in the first five minutes, then proceding to say all of the lines before the characters do.

In this case, it is indeed an example of predictable plots. Before even watching a significant amount of it, you know that it's obviously the owner of the hotel chain who's been building evil robots shaped like demons to scare the hawaiian people off and get cheap property. At some point, someone will shout "They're not demons at all- they're robots!" as if this were some sort of surprise.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#8 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:07 PM

Yes I like watch films to think on what is going to happen at the end, unfortunately my cinema days are over. Also for music for split second sounds but not always accurate. When I was younger I always worked out tunes so quickly when they were played including the parts I never heard. I can still work out unheard parts but slowly from a loop. Anything that interests me I remember word by word but my memory is a bit limited to words.

There are certain situations that happen which stands for the unusual reasoning for what others see but it happens exactly how I think. To me it is not about time but how the events happen. I see time as a presentation to this.

A long time ago I use to dream about radio shows and music playing which was happening when I woke up and turned the radio on at the same station.

Also when people are miserable I may feel the same including on a number of events. I remember the last time when someone was about to attack me, I can feel the place they were aiming at but they missed after I quickly moved. In the form of a stomach ache and a feeling like a lack of blood flow.

Strangely I feel like this pattern of event has happened earlier a couple of weeks ago but not so direct.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 31 May 2006 - 08:09 PM

#9 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:08 PM

I once called six die rolls in a row before they were made. Five were right, but when I called the next as a losing roll people came after me apparently intent on violence so I stopped.

It's mostly an odds thing, but I usually feel if it is going to be a three or not. For some reason that's the one I always get right.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#10 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:26 PM

There was a time for me when similar scenarios from certain films use to happen and patterns from some tunes. For dreams two years ago I always knew when a severe disaster was going to happen to me. The common symptoms of the patterns seems to be feeling so bored and going round in a loop. Another sign of a disaster for me is dreaming of people I have not met for a long time. Even though it feels good on talking. Has anybody experienced this?

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 31 May 2006 - 08:29 PM

#11 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:31 PM

I can occasionally see what I suspect next. And Mirithorn has an interesting experience with dreams and a newspaper... Don't know if she wants to say it or I do.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#12 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:42 PM

Someone could do that now after reading that.
If you remembered what I said before on thought up events, indirectly stating that might be interesting and if it does happen then make the connection to your statement.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 31 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

#13 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Mirithorn @ May 31 2006, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of my favorite activities is watching Scooby Doo and revealing the entire plot in the first five minutes, then proceding to say all of the lines before the characters do.

you mean; "yikes, zoinks, willikers, etc."

#14 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:20 AM

Before caller ID, I used to guess who was calling pretty often. And I have those deja vu dreams a lot.
I believe precognition is something that is entirely possible, but I also believe that 90% of the people who claim to be psychic are plain looney.

#15 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:46 AM

Apart from the usual dejá vu feelings, I'm used to calculate other people's actions. They're just too easy to read these days. Invest some minimum observation, try get aware of their mental state and way of thinking et voilá - drawing conclusions about what they're going to do is a piece of cake. It's pretty handy when it comes to predicting what the teacher is going to ask for in the exam.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size