• (3 Pages)
  • +

Creativity in Jabbas Palace Credit where credit is due

#16 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:48 PM

Its only debauchery by our standards. What if to them that kind of stuff was normal? Who is to say they have similar morals to us? devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#17 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:44 PM

The more I think about it, the stupider Jabba seems.

He's supposed to be THE crime boss in the galaxy, right? OK, I'll give him that he's smart enough to set up his home on the planet in the ass-end of the Empire. And clearly he's established some kind of "look the other way" policy with the Imperials. Wouldn't it make more sense for him to call up Vader and be like, "yo, you gave me Solo, here's Princess Leia. Tit for tat!" Leia is a Rebel bigwig...I'm sure Jabba has at least heard of her if he's as important as it's implied...heck, doesn't he say her name right before he slips her the tongue? He obviously knows who she is! And yet his only idea is to toss her into a metal bikini and make her lounge around...brilliant, big guy.

And wouldn't a crime boss be dealing with the Rebels, too? Surely they're always looking to buy huge amounts of weapons and ships and supplies under the table so they can keep fighting...that's a huge market for Jabba right there. Maybe that's his deal with the Empire that keeps him afloat, not dealing with the Rebels, but it still seems pretty dumb. And why would the Empire even tolerate Jabba at all? He sits on his fat ass in a castle all day long. Call in a few ships and blast the whole place to dust.

#18 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:50 PM

Jabba to Leia: "Soon you will learn to appreciate me....."

Alright, how???????

As long as there was simpleminded entertainment to keep him amused like Pod Races, Rancor feedings, and Saarlac feedings, in addition to snack frogs, he seemed happy. Jabba doesn't seem to plot much of anything which is odd, because anyone who could walk around quickly could unseat him and take his crinimal enterprise further. He doesn't even seem to have full control of tattoine, with the Jawas doing their thing, inability to reign in the Sandpeople to cury favor with the locals, or get profits from the cantina bar/spaceport. And i think his sidekick, although a cool character in himself, Saracus Crumb, just makes him seem sillier with each viewing.

#19 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

If they had shown him to be a brilliant and ruthless tactician a la Michael Corleone AND combined it with the fact he turns out to be a huge slug, that would have ruled. Instead we just see him just acting like a jerk and getting bit in the ass for it. Granted, his pimp hand is strong, but criminals in the SW must really be awful if this guy reigns supreme.

Still can't figure out why he's into human chicks. Aren't wormtype creatures usually asexual in the first place? Or switch genders? How could Jabba possibly get his freak on?

#20 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ May 20 2006, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jabba to Leia: "Soon you will learn to appreciate me....."
Alright, how???????

He did have a lot of tongue.

sick.gif

#21 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ May 21 2006, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He did have a lot of tongue.

sick.gif

In the words of Fez Watley: "Crude and rude!!!"

#22 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

Hooooo-ah!

#23 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ May 19 2006, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fact that everybody in the palace went to sleep at around the same time as Jabba simultaniously, in pretty much the same place they stood in all day and either watched dancers or drank, around the same group of people as earlier pretty much shows the one dimensionality of the whole scene and the thought that went into it.

if anything it should have tipped Liea off that they were all PRETENDING to be asleep in ensnare her whilst releasing Han...

they probably all had other rooms to go in but jabba passed a memo around...

MEMO: <please do not discuss the following aloud.>
The 'bounty hunter' who brought in the wookie looked too small to seriously have brought in the mighty chewbacca (That's what Bobba says anyway). i suspect 'he' is actually solo's bitch. So at exactly 2:12am i want everyone to pretend to fall asleep. okay? good. she'll probably try and spring him, so let's just let her (I've been wanting to get rid of it for a while... i mean it's been there for a whole year now, and IG88 is sending me a similar prize of the mandelorian princess Lejoona frozen in green jello), then once he's free, we'll draw back the curtains and have a good laugh.

This post has been edited by barend: 21 May 2006 - 09:41 PM

#24 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:05 PM

That's right! They were only hiding behind a damn curtain! And not just Jabba and a few people "in the know"...pretty much every damn creature was hiding back there trying to be quiet! Worst surprise party...EVER. I can't imagine Jabba smells too nice...poor bastards.

#25 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:17 PM

i wonder if lando was laughing...

#26 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:33 AM

So much for Leia being "the other hope." Her jedi skills are about as awesome as... as...

I cant think of anything witty. You'll just have to use your imagination.

#27 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (barend @ May 22 2006, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wonder if lando was laughing...

He was playing quietly Sabaac in the corner.

#28 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:16 AM

I'm sorry, I don't recall. Which one was Sabaac?

#29 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:24 AM

The game at which Lando sucks. Even lost the Falcon to Han while he were at it...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#30 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 22 May 2006 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ May 22 2006, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So much for Leia being "the other hope." Her jedi skills are about as awesome as... as...

Sailor Abby's quick witted comparisons. wink.gif

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size