Chefelf.com Night Life: I'd like to add a reason the list! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

I'd like to add a reason the list! One that drives me nuts...

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:43 AM

you're breaking my heart is still my favorite example...

but:

VGsupercats Ep3

This post has been edited by barend: 16 May 2006 - 01:44 AM

#17 User is offline   miladyblue Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:22 PM

[font=Tahoma] Hello, I am brand new here as of today. I have been lurking a while, and I finally decided I wanted to get in on the discussion.

Smellyterror added this as a reason to hate The Phantom Menace

The world's stupidest pilots.

Can't say I agree more, but my dislike of the stupid Naboo pilots started a little earlier in this "film," namely the escape of the Queen and her party from Naboo. Alarms are blaring, instruments and cockpit crew are warning that another hit on such and such a quarter and they are done for.

Ric Olie, the pilot, who is taking the Queen herself, no less, to safety, is flying straight, right into the line of fire. blink.gif

Now, I am no pilot, and cannot claim any expertise in this area, but has any of these "pilots" ever heard of

Evasive maneuvers?!?

In the original series, if a pilot found himself under fire, either from a fixed anti-fighter emplacement, or another fighter, said pilot would maneuver to avoid getting shot down. Luke did this in ANH, Han did likewise in ESB when he was under fire from [how many?] Star Destroyers.

Did the Queen state that she suffered from motion sickness, keep this thing on an even keel? wacko.gif Was Ric Olie still in the middle of flying lessons?

Speaking of the Queen, she was one character that mystified me. She has to be the greatest clothes horse in cinematic history. Imelda Marcos probably did not have as many clothes as Amidala. It seemed that every single time the camera was off her for half a second, she had completely changed her clothes and hair. Was that REALLY necessary? And where did all of those clothes come from? I did not see Amidala or her ladies in waiting carrying any baggage. Do the Naboo keep all of their ships stocked with a big closet, in case the Queen needs to go out for a jaunt and wants to look her best?

There were other reasons this "movie" annoyed me, but Chefelf and the rest of you have pretty well nailed them all. Thank you for letting me add to this discussion.

#18 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (miladyblue @ May 27 2006, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[font=Tahoma] Hello, I am brand new here as of today. I have been lurking a while, and I finally decided I wanted to get in on the discussion.

Smellyterror added this as a reason to hate The Phantom Menace

The world's stupidest pilots.

Can't say I agree more, but my dislike of the stupid Naboo pilots started a little earlier in this "film," namely the escape of the Queen and her party from Naboo. Alarms are blaring, instruments and cockpit crew are warning that another hit on such and such a quarter and they are done for.

Ric Olie, the pilot, who is taking the Queen herself, no less, to safety, is flying straight, right into the line of fire. blink.gif

Now, I am no pilot, and cannot claim any expertise in this area, but has any of these "pilots" ever heard of

Evasive maneuvers?!?

In the original series, if a pilot found himself under fire, either from a fixed anti-fighter emplacement, or another fighter, said pilot would maneuver to avoid getting shot down. Luke did this in ANH, Han did likewise in ESB when he was under fire from [how many?] Star Destroyers.

Did the Queen state that she suffered from motion sickness, keep this thing on an even keel? wacko.gif Was Ric Olie still in the middle of flying lessons?

Speaking of the Queen, she was one character that mystified me. She has to be the greatest clothes horse in cinematic history. Imelda Marcos probably did not have as many clothes as Amidala. It seemed that every single time the camera was off her for half a second, she had completely changed her clothes and hair. Was that REALLY necessary? And where did all of those clothes come from? I did not see Amidala or her ladies in waiting carrying any baggage. Do the Naboo keep all of their ships stocked with a big closet, in case the Queen needs to go out for a jaunt and wants to look her best?

There were other reasons this "movie" annoyed me, but Chefelf and the rest of you have pretty well nailed them all. Thank you for letting me add to this discussion.

The real reason of course was to impress little girls and give the marketing opportunity to produce more dolls... wink.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size