• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

He wont be trained… but he can still hang out

#1 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:51 AM

If Quigon wasn’t allowed to train Anakin, why was Anakin still allowed to hang out with the Jedi? Shouldn’t they have stuck him in a galactic orphanage at that point - or maybe taken him back home?

#2 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ May 1 2006, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Quigon wasn’t allowed to train Anakin, why was Anakin still allowed to hang out with the Jedi? Shouldn’t they have stuck him in a galactic orphanage at that point - or maybe taken him back home?

Qui believed he was the chosen one, and was going to train him regardless of the Jedis rules.

#3 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (jariten @ May 1 2006, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Qui believed he was the chosen one, and was going to train him regardless of the Jedis rules.

So he was just going to let a little stray kid follow him around everywhere he went, and hope the Jedi council didn’t catch on? Where was he going to sleep? Where was he going to eat?

Maybe the truth of the matter is that there was no good reason for Anakin to hang around other than to wait for Quigon to die so Obi Wan could train him.

Thats my guess anyway.

#4 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:34 PM

"I'm not allowed to train you, so I want you to watch me and be mindful"

They said "don't train" not "don't see".Qui Gon just found a way to take on 2 padawans even though the Jedi said no. Which is just the kind of maverick dude Qui Gon was.

#5 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ May 1 2006, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They said "don't train" not "don't see".Qui Gon just found a way to take on 2 padawans even though the Jedi said no. Which is just the kind of maverick dude Qui Gon was.

Given the idea that Qui Gon was a 'rogue' Jedi, the Council probably knew he was going to try to find a loophole in the 'don't train' order, anyways.

#6 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:17 PM

too old, the boy is too old....

brought him yesterday, you should have!

hmmm?

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

hmmmm.

"But Master Yoda, they followed me Home. Pullleazze?

(Rejected, the padme pendant-maker of unquestionable fate)

Don't worry, I'll be brave Mom. Spinning is a neat trick. Yippiee!"

#8 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:54 AM

Awesome. Another excuse for me to bring up my crack about how when Qui-Gon brought a child to a war-torn planet rather than leave him with competent daycare, the professional negotiator proved himself to be the worst babysitter in history.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#9 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (jariten @ May 1 2006, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So the Jedi council doesn’t want Anakin Skywalker to be trained as a Jedi. I can only assume they don’t want him to be trained at all. By anyone. But they don’t feel guilty telling Quigon ‘no’ because he already has a ‘Padawan learner’ and isn’t allowed to take on another one, and their word is basically useless if anyone else decides to train him - that’s a good rule to have by the way:

“I’d like to train senator Palpatine to be a jedI”

“He’s too old to be trained. And he’s a little on the evil side.”

“So. I’m allowed to pick whoever I want as my Padawan regardless of what you say.”

“Well, you got us there.”

So this should leave Quigon with one of two options: either ask one of your Jedi buddies without a current Padawan to adopt Anakin… or send him home.

If hes too old to train, and nobody else is going to step up and claim him, he cant just be allowed to roam the Jedi Temple, eat their food, be assigned living quarters, read their books, watch their training videos and play their play station. It doesn’t make any sense. There has to be some accountability for the people who live in the temple.

What if there’s a fire drill? There’s gotta be a list of names somewhere of people who allowed to roam around inside freely without question. There must be badges or something.

Can any old joe just come in and make him self at home? If so, how do they keep the temple secure? How do they keep the temple from being over run with vagrants?

And is the Jedi council really so stupid, that they don’t see what Quigon is doing? My little brother could see what they were doing for fucksakes.

#10 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:01 PM

Sailor Abbey is absolutely right. Once the Council had decided that Anakin was too old to be trained, they should have immediately removed him from Qui-Gon's custody and sent him back to his mother (or kept him at the Temple until another home could be found for him). The very, very last thing they should have done was allow Qui-Gon to take him into the middle of a frickin' war zone. What if he had been killed or badly injured, or even captured by the Neimoidians? Boy, I'd love to be the Jedi who had to break that piece of news to his mother:

"I'm afraid your son is... dead, Mrs Skywalker. We, uh, allowed Qui-Gon to take him on a secret mission to the war-torn planet of Naboo - "
"You did WHAT?!?"
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#11 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:22 PM

i think everyone is wrong.

jedi school is like the most exclusive private boarding school in the galaxy. parents pay alot of money to send their kids there, and whith good reason; your child leaves with a knighthood, earns skills he/she would learn no where else (save maybe Korriban Sith Academy; a highly compedative private school), and high counsel prestige.
A school strictly for the social elite...

so you can imagine Deputy Principal Yoda's reluctance to train a slave or farmboy from tatooine on a 'got force' scholarship. "the boy is too old" is counsel code for; "great, another freeloading leech sent to us by galactic welfare"

#12 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:49 PM

so you can imagine Deputy Principal Yoda's reluctance to train a slave or farmboy from tatooine on a 'got force' scholarship. "the boy is too old" is counsel code for; "great, another freeloading leech sent to us by galactic welfare"
[/quote]

I didnt know that the Jedi desired money....Yoda is pretty much a bum when we see him in Dagobah
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#13 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:14 PM

i don't know if you've ever seen the jedi temple, but they don't give views and localities like that away to hippies...

a life of exile was a long time comming and what hummiliated yoda into actually learning some wisdom...

#14 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:19 PM

Buddhist Temple:

Buddhist belief: We generally believe that external conditions such as food, friends, cars, and money are the real causes of happiness, and as a result we devote nearly all our time and energy to acquiring these. Superficially it seems that these things can make us happy, but if we look more deeply we will see that they also bring us a lot of suffering and problems.
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:09 AM

yeah... and jedi temple...

look at how it almost oppressivley towers over the city

this place wasn't built on the grain fed hippies in for free vegetarian nosh dropping the odd coin for donation.

school fees from the overprivillaged upper class eilite...

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size