Selective Breeding

#16 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:29 AM

To quote a friend on another forum:

New Breed Equity alert

First off, I'd like to thank my mother and father. If not for their drunken ecstacy powered freakfest, this wouldn't have been possible.

I'd also like to thank Durex's cheap indonesian labour, for mass producing a condom with a marginal probability of breaking.

Remember boys and girls, I'm living proof that being the Marginal Probability isn't always a bad thing!

Thank you again!

#17 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Apr 3 2006, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hihi

But seriuosly, chances are your ancestors were inbread and commiting incest, why cant you? Actualy this was a joke at first but now it raises a good point, why cant you?

What are you basing that on?

On a side note, you are allowed o marry your third cousin. There are a few people in my town who have done just that. I don’t see what the big deal is. We (as in human beings) inbreed all sorts of animals, and not just cousins - fathers are bred to their daughters and mothers to their sons, all the time. Personally I think the practice is distasteful. Inbred animals are flighty and developed emotional problems. They do it so they can keep good genes in the decedents. I thought people were joking when I first found out about it - but its definitely no joke.

#18 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:27 PM

Inbreeding? There ain't no juice in that lime.

#19 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Apr 3 2006, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you basing that on?

On a side note, you are allowed o marry your third cousin. There are a few people in my town who have done just that. I don’t see what the big deal is. We (as in human beings) inbreed all sorts of animals, and not just cousins - fathers are bred to their daughters and mothers to their sons, all the time. Personally I think the practice is distasteful. Inbred animals are flighty and developed emotional problems. They do it so they can keep good genes in the decedents. I thought people were joking when I first found out about it - but its definitely no joke.

Goddamn!

I kind of knew that already somehow... anyway.

Pro- If two people love each other, dispite that they are cousins, cant they get married?

Con- Inbreading causes genetic defects among humans, so having childgren might not be such a great idea. Theres around a 50% chance that your kid will have some kind of defect.

#20 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:51 PM

insufficient genetic compromise.

just because the genes fit doesn't mean you should where them! all similar traits, of which there are still too many in third cousins, are exaggerated and consequentially all errors and faults are expanded rather than compromised. this increases the chance of all manner and variety of defects that the human race is havening enough trouble dealing with as it is.

it also results in physiological faults that are already prominent in the bloodline.

and quite frankly the world has enough inbred "squeeeeel like a piggy" freaks out there...

that and its just gross and you should be embarrased...

#21 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 3 2006, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and quite frankly the world has enough inbred "squeeeeel like a piggy" freaks out there...
that and its just gross and you should be embarrased...

Cant they marry? They dont need to have kids, as before...

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Apr 3 2006, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pro- If two people love each other, dispite that they are cousins, cant they get married?

#22 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:08 PM

Just don't tell anyone, including us. Have at it.

How's that?

#23 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:22 AM

just no...

it's bad enough stupid people are breeding, but to have stupid people inbreeding as well?

nope! i won't allow it, you fucking abominations!

#24 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Apr 3 2006, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cant they marry? They dont need to have kids, as before...

I think humans are supposed to have some innate 'dont fuck your cousin' mechanism that instinctively prevents you from incestuous acts by grossing you out. I guess Cobnat wasnt born with that, eh?

Or an inner monologue for that matter.

#25 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:13 AM

Ignoring the whole incest thing, and sliding back on topic.
Selective breeding is definatly a good thing in theory, but who would decide who had children, what would the criteria be, and what would be the punishment for breaking it? If you only let people with over a x amount of dollars you aren't likely to get better people. You'd have to assess everbody on a case by case basis. Possibly blocking people with criminal records? But that goes against the idea of rehabilitation. So how much would it cost to create a new government agency to decide who can have children? So, the next point is what to do with offenders. Are we going to take the Chinese route, and forcibly castrate(not the word I'm after, but I can't remember the term used for surgically preventing further pregnacies)them without anesthetic? And then the kids themselves. Will we dump them in orphanages? Or should we just abort them before they're born, against the wishes of the mother? Or perhaps we should distribute them in foster homes of people who have breeding clearance? And if we do that, then we still have the people we don't want in the mainstream, which pretty much defeats the purpose.

Personally, I think the right to bear/raise a child should be earnt, but it would need a hell of a lot of forthought before it's implemented.

This post has been edited by SimeSublime: 04 April 2006 - 11:13 AM

The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#26 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Apr 3 2006, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just don't tell anyone, including us. Have at it.

How's that?

I dont understand what you said. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Apr 4 2006, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think humans are supposed to have some innate 'dont fuck your cousin' mechanism that instinctively prevents you from incestuous acts by grossing you out. I guess Cobnat wasnt born with that, eh?

Or an inner monologue for that matter.

Your a bitch and tell me that Im like that when your from the mid-west.

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 3 2006, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just no...

it's bad enough stupid people are breeding, but to have stupid people inbreeding as well?

So what do we do with the ones already bred?

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 3 2006, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just no...

Personaly I havent thought to much about the subject to know what to do with people you dont want breading, but maybe the chinese route is the way to go.

This post has been edited by COBNAT: 04 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

#27 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:53 PM

selective conscription.

#28 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Apr 4 2006, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your a bitch and tell me that Im like that when your from the mid-west.

Well, you caught me Cobnat - I'm a cousinfucker.

#29 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Apr 4 2006, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, you caught me Cobnat - I'm a cousinfucker.

You know, you just sucked all the fun out of this... your horrible abbey. crying.gif

#30 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:49 AM

Cobnat, you're randomly insulting half the board and now gunning for sympathy because of it? I'm impressed no more.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size