Chefelf.com Night Life: Why is there so much hatred for the prequels here? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Why is there so much hatred for the prequels here?

#91 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:00 PM

Yeah, that was great, B.

sleep.gif pale addition:
"Oi moi. Den dey meets-a bossa nass. Life det oingo boingo yippeee!"

#92 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Mar 27 2006, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Of course it couldn't possibly be down to the simple fact that the prequels are fucking terrible movies; no, anyone who dares question Lucas's undeniable genius is simply jealous or narrow-minded or 'following the horde' or too stupid to appreciate the incredible depth and subtlety of lines such as "Wheeeeee!" and "Are you an angel?" (take your pick). BullSHIT.

Thats true, but small things like that really isnt an exuse to hate the ENTIRE movie... just Anikan and Jar Jar. Bloody little shits, I hate them so much. angry.gif

Let me tell me something: back at the time I saw my first Star Wars movie (Return of the Jedi) in my mid-teens, I barely knew who George Lucas was. I had exactly the same opinion of it then as I do now: a cheesy but generally entertaining fantasy story with a few very good moments and a few extremely bad ones. I saw TPM a year or two later and thought it was utter crap - not because I was even aware of the 'fad' for bashing it, but because I can tell the difference between a good movie and a bad one. I can tell the difference between a well-written, coherent storyline and a dull, inconsistent mess with plot-holes the size of a Star Destroyer, between realistic and natural-sounding dialogue and lines that would shame a 1930s B-movie, between characters who are actually deep and sympathetic and those who make me want to carve them up with a rusty breadknife - and so on. And on and on and on and on and on. It has NOTHING to do with envy or nostalgia or bias or following the crowd, so stop trying to make out that it does.

Shut up, it does. Hey dont feel bad, by me going against it, Im actualy apart of it.

If you don't like to see other people bashing the prequels, piss off. I'm serious: just get the fuck out of here and go to one of the seven trillion other Star Wars fansites where you can rave about Lucas and the PT to your heart's content. This forum is one of the few places on the Net where you can criticise the prequels without being drowned out by a horde of illiterate twelve-year-olds screaming abuse at you, and those of us who do enjoy doing this intend to keep it that way. Learn to put up with it, and if you can't, get lost.

No, you get lost, Ill agree that 3 is completly crap but 1 and 2 at least were enjoyable to watch, if you dont like my opinion, suck my cock.

#93 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:14 PM

No, you get lost, Ill agree that 3 is completly crap but 1 and 2 at least were enjoyable to watch, if you dont like my opinion, suck my cock.
Let's not abuse each other to that extent, ok?
Play nice, please. Thank you.

#94 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Mar 30 2006, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's not abuse each other to that extent, ok?
Play nice, please. Thank you.

Hey, Im nice to those who are nice to me. cool.gif

#95 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:34 PM

Helena like myself has had to put up with alot of bullshit from people.

this films fell far short of the mark, you disagree that's fine.
but all we get is contradiction, followed by questions, followed by contradiction. We go to alot of effort to explain reasons that should be obvious to even the simplest of people,and we get shit for and find we've wasted time arguing with someone who is just simply antagonizing us for the sheer ignorant pleasure or frustrating intillegent people over the faceless anonimity of the internet.

she's been ripped of and right to be angry...

i wouldn't fuck with her.

#96 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:26 PM

Anyway Despondent, want to take a stab at my question? I'm curious.

#97 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (jariten @ Mar 30 2006, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the reason Lucas didnt go back to it after SW was because it wasn't a particularly workable concept.

Thats just what I think. If you can show me otherwise, please.

it would have been workable if C3P0 hadn't been made by baby annie. If he'd been a republic droid we could have had him walking around while events were unfolding.

establishing C3P0's 'birth' was really unnecessary.

actually it brings up a really good point. Why did he say to luke, "frankly i don't know what he's (R2D2) talking about, our last master was captain antillies." in regards to belonging to Obiwan Kenobi.

wouldn't he aknowledge his last master as his only?

having had his memory erased and all...

#98 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Mar 31 2006, 04:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, the wit and sophistication. rolleyes.gif I suppose I should thank you for saving me the trouble of mocking your stupidity: your own posts demonstrate that far more effectively than I ever could. Have a nice day, COBNAT.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#99 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (jariten @ Mar 30 2006, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
talking about what Lucas was talking about, that means both droids) and the whole story being seen through their eyes. I think the reason Lucas didnt go back to it after SW was because it wasn't a particularly workable concept.

Thats just what I think. If you can show me otherwise, please.

Robot narrators WAS a good idea, but it would be so kewl to include baby greedo, chewie, blah blah blah who cares anymore you screwed it up GL, for those who weren't paying attention.

Lucas has messed up things FAR beyond hope of consistency. I don't care who the presumed narrator is/was/will be, I was simply pointing out another blunder/lie/contridiction/uncertainty/set in stone GL way it was explained to be.

He'd be great on the witness stand. That would sell on pay per view and deliver a satisfying performance for a change.

#100 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:44 AM

Oh, the wit and sophistication. I suppose I should thank you for saving me the trouble of mocking your stupidity: your own posts demonstrate that far more effectively than I ever could. Have a nice day, COBNAT.

Helena, while I don't exactly like those kinds of insults either, but you got to admit that no one here really uses so much sophistication and wit. Let's admit it, things tend to be very vulgar around here when it gets to the bashing and mockery part.

#101 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:33 AM

Lucas has messed up things FAR beyond hope of consistency. I don't care who the presumed narrator is/was/will be, I was simply pointing out another blunder/lie/contridiction/uncertainty/set in stone GL way it was explained to be.

we should probably lay this point to rest though, but i'll just say again that I don't think he ever claimed that the Droids Thing was ever a part of the story past the original Star Wars film. Even in the commentary for TPM Lucas said "In the first one I was telling the story through the eyes of the droids, and in this one im primarily telling it through the eyes of the Jedi".

So it can't be a blunder if Lucas only planned it that way for one film.

In earlier posts, you seemed to be alluding to some examples you had that that wasn't true, and that (perhaps) the whole of the OT was from the droids POV and this was another case of Lucas screwing things up when he didnt continue with that motive through the PT too. But i've still not seen any evidence to show that the theme exists outside of ANH.

#102 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:55 PM

Well, hey dude, I'm just referring to memory of the days of the OT when everything Lucas did (save the ewoks) was knocked out of the park.

(something along the lines of "the droids will be in all of the movies, as the story will be told through their eyes". Can someone else attest to remembering this?)

the fact that he says something fairly recently which doesn't jive with what I recall- That doesn't surprise me in the least.

I guess it's a matter of how long one accepts the changing canon without turning the blind eye. But Jariten, you're young enough that you have years of upcoming inconsistancies to bring you around eventually.

And if you never do, you really ought to work for the guy.

#103 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 30 2006, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this films fell far short of the mark, you disagree that's fine.
but all we get is contradiction, followed by questions, followed by contradiction. We go to alot of effort to explain reasons that should be obvious to even the simplest of people,and we get shit for and find we've wasted time arguing with someone who is just simply antagonizing us for the sheer ignorant pleasure or frustrating intillegent people over the faceless anonimity of the internet.

Look, I have NEVER been anyplace on the net which actualy promotes the prequals, even the official webpage of 1,2 and 3 are a bit off. She told me that she was bombarded by 10 year old Lucas wannabies, where are they? What forum is she talking about? I just wanted to know that.

(edit)

QUOTE (Helena @ Mar 31 2006, 05:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, the wit and sophistication. rolleyes.gif I suppose I should thank you for saving me the trouble of mocking your stupidity: your own posts demonstrate that far more effectively than I ever could. Have a nice day, COBNAT.

Suck my cock, bitch. Suck my big fat juicy episode 1 and 2 loving cock.

This post has been edited by COBNAT: 03 April 2006 - 08:51 PM

#104 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

dude... you're going to get yourself banned.

there just fucking movies and not worth this level of arguing.

chill out, be nice to helena, she's cool.

check out the KMC forums... they're full of lucas loving lap dogs...

they also have a LOTR section and others...

i tried posting in th SW section but some people are just nuts.
it became a waste of time in the end.

#105 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 3 2006, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dude... you're going to get yourself banned.

there just fucking movies and not worth this level of arguing.

chill out, be nice to helena, she's cool.

check out the KMC forums... they're full of lucas loving lap dogs...

they also have a LOTR section and others...

i tried posting in th SW section but some people are just nuts.
it became a waste of time in the end.

Ill be nice to her once she stop being a pompus bitch... but ok, Ill make the first move and stop arguing. Ill take your word about the KMC forums, I dont like talking to Lap Dogs of any kind.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size