• (2 Pages)
  • +

Luke & Tatooine

#1 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:27 AM

So, uh, I guess Luke wasn't born on Tatooine after all - but instead he was born on Coruscant.

Doesn't that not rock, or what?

#2 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:17 AM

shock horror.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#3 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (diligent_d @ Feb 22 2006, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, uh, I guess Luke wasn't born on Tatooine after all - but instead he was born on Coruscant.

I never just assumed he was born on Tatooine. Maybe in ANH. But after I found out about the grand Vader/Anakin/father conspiracy, I just assumed Luke had at one point been put there to live with his relatives. I could never imagine Darth Vader living on a crappy planet like Tatooine. I always figured he came from someplace cool. Like Dagoba.

#4 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:48 AM

Er?

Before the dark times (PT) I'm not sure where I thought Luke was born. I'd figured at one point (in my fanboy thinking at one time) that Luke and Leia might have been born on Dagobah in secret and then spirited away.

This post has been edited by CowboyCurtis: 22 February 2006 - 08:49 AM

Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#5 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

Yeah actually good points.

I suppose if Luke was born on Tatooine, that would mean Leia was too. Which would seem more strange.

Disregard my post. tongue.gif

#6 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

What about Jabba- Was he a creature calle Hutt, as in "Jar-Jar the Gungan" ?

(Or would it be "Jar-Jar, the Naboobian"?)

or was it some ominous sounding title which, when explained at the shortest length turns out to be a lame expanation or a contradiction?

--
I don't really care anymore.

#7 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (diligent_d @ Feb 22 2006, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually they were born on Polis Massa, a group of "airless rocks".

Now that rocks. LITERALLY!

Zoink!
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

goof...

given his attitude towards the planet, i always asumed he was dumped there, and knew it.

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Feb 22 2006, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that rocks. LITERALLY!

Jedi Rocks? smile.gif

I thought this was cute. The Star Wasr database calls the rocks' denizens: "Aliens".

#10 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:20 PM

Two things about Polis Massa.

1) Its called Polis (city) which would make you think its talking about a city which is fine. But no apparently its named after an alien race. Its "Rancor", "Mon Calamari" all over again.

2) From the databank: "She gave birth to Luke and Leia, infants that carried with them the hope for the future."

Why would Vader's children be a last hope? Thats like saying Hitler's kid would be the last hope for the Allies.
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#11 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:23 PM

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

#12 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:45 AM

Obi wan must really have been buying into the prophecy at that time. That’s the only explanation because there had to be millions more force sensitives all around the galaxy. Yoda should have drug his sorry ass out of exile and actually tried to look for some more kids to train over the last 20 or so years, instead of waiting around for Scooby/Luke to finally get there. And if Luke was too old to train - why did Obi wan wait til he died before he told Luke to go to Degoba, he should have just left Luke with Yoda. That would have mad much more sense strategically.

#13 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:46 PM

Among the notes of my multitude of rewrites, I had written that there were no other Jedi other than Vader, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Luke & Leia, mainly because the Dark side "consumed" the Force, used it and drained it, that it prevented any new births of Jedi.

I do have problems with Obi-Wan sitting on his hands from the end of ROTS till ANH just waiting for Luke to "grow up."

The only way I can make it work for me, and makes sense to me WHY he gave Luke to Beru and Owen is that Obi-Wan needed to watch the kids while he took off to fight the newly forming empire AND to distract Vader and the Emperor away from the twins. He would've also been running to Alderaan to check up on Leia.

Also, this would the basis for his knowledge of stormtrooper weapons, TIE fighters and other Imperial technology. So, say after about 10 years of this, he's been to one end of the galaxy to the other fighting for justice, etc., that he's gotten so beat up and injured (notice he limps in ANH) that he really has no choice but to go back to Tatooine and stay there.

In the meantime, Owen has grown bitter. "Why has he laid this kid at our feet while he goes running off on some damn fool idealistic crusade?" "What if [Vader/Anakin] comes looking for the kid."

It works so much better than Obi-Wan meditating for the next 20 years.
Flying Ferret

#14 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

Maybe obi wan limps trippping over his penis cuz it hangs loose in his old age!@ or limp bizcuit is makin a foo out of us.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#15 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:13 PM

And I thought that was just his LIGHTSABER!!!
Flying Ferret

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size