Chefelf.com Night Life: Privatization of Space Exploration - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Privatization of Space Exploration Should our first message to extraterrestrials be "Have it Your Wa

#46 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:53 AM

What the- THOSE BASTARDS! pirate.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#47 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Feb 20 2006, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your right. And the government is controlling us with some crazy mind control chemical they put in the water. Last I heard, they were calling it fluoride. I’ll try to get an update on that.

people always react like this...

fine... be that way.

enjoy the overabundance of transmitted radio/micro waves that fry our cells and atmosphere of carbon monoxide, and join the thousands who wonder how someone as healthy as them got cancer...
[fluride wasn't such a bad call (it's good for your teeth)... its the aluminium and lead in the tap water you need to worry about... that shit gives you elzhimers (sp), you'll also find mercury in the tap water... now that shit really rots your brain and sends you mad]

but i digress....

companies want your ass!!! your loyalty to their products earns them sponsership, endorsement, power!!!!

and everytime someone says i'm crazy another coke-sniffing executive gets his wings. wink.gif

#48 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Feb 21 2006, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
enjoy the overabundance of transmitted radio/micro waves that fry our cells and atmosphere of carbon monoxide, and join the thousands who wonder how someone as healthy as them got cancer...
[fluride wasn't such a bad call (it's good for your teeth)... its the aluminium and lead in the tap water you need to worry about... that shit gives you elzhimers (sp), you'll also find mercury in the tap water... now that shit really rots your brain and sends you mad]

Thanks, because I'm not paranoid enough. unsure.gif sad.gif

#49 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:29 PM

damn straight

#50 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:48 AM

Has anybody heard of this X-Prize thing? Some rich people are offering prize money to other rich people willing to take steps toward privatized space exploration. I'm still frightened.

McDonalds and garbage dumps... ON THE MOON!!!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#51 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

seriously people....

to quote Atari Teenage Riot; "get up while you can!"

if we don't start fighting back now we're screwed!!!

that's our fucking moon up there!!!

the government and companies are here to serve US and it's time we reminded them...

Boycot fucking everything!!!!

#52 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:48 PM

I asked the director of a planetarium why it is that the moon's rotation is such that we only ever see one side of it. He said it was because one side is flatter than the rest of the moon. I've NEVER heard that one before.

Next time they arrange a moon landing, the more-than-one light source will be sponsored by GE and the absence of lunar dust on the landing pads will be courtesy of Swiffer. The usual lack of Van Allen belt radiation will be funded by Johnson & Johnson, and the coverage of astronauts in earth orbit will be paid for by the film Apollo 13.

#53 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:09 PM

and its sequal Appollo 14.

#54 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:33 AM

Privatize space and make it up for grabs to the private companies with the deepest pockets and we’ll have a big “M” lazered onto the side of the moon before you know it.

if we don't start fighting back now we're screwed!!!

No ones ever going to fight back, EVER. "Imagine a boot stomping down on a face forever" or whatever it was the man said.

This post has been edited by jariten: 12 April 2006 - 01:35 AM

#55 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:14 AM

i know... sad.gif

the human race are pussies.

#56 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Feb 21 2006, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
people always react like this...

Only because I like to keep my future earnings intact. rolleyes.gif

But it's the truth, though I don't think it's at the extremes that barend takes it, but the truth nonetheless. It's basic marketing nowadays that's taught in even highschool classes: A person buying your product, if satisfied will buy your product again, creating a constant stream funding and profit.

Now this was based on businesses, having creating a good quallity product will get paid off by satisfying the customer. But nowadays it has just turned into shoddy products that have a shorter lifespan that need to get replaced more often, invasive adverts aimed to wards children to build product loyalty, and deception rampant with viral marketing (that is a company paying someone to act all chummy to you and have him artificially give you word of mouth). It is getting bad but the corporations arn't rampant world-eaters. They're more like drug dealers, the archetypal entrepreneur, taken to a massive scale.

Truth. While it won't bring down The Man it'll at least save your own soul.

As an on topic note. I would want space to be put in control of space and the such. In conparison to how intersteller government and life would work I'd much rather perfer to be slaves to consumerism than be put slave to religious unity (a la Warhammer 40K), government ironfist...ed-ness, or be stuck in a collective hivemind.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#57 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

Only because I like to keep my future earnings intact.

And that's the problem. Culture is an industry designed to keep us reliant on itself. It's grinding individuality and free exp​ression into dust in favor of a homologous human herd with the power-hungry world leaders as its shepherd, while distracting us with itself so we can't see it for what it really is.

It's in reality probably worse than Barend says, and the hopelessness to fight against it is another myth perpetuated by a delusional public opinion that was crafted by the system with its own immortality in mind. The only reason we can't fix things is because we're constantly bombarded with messages that there's nothing wrong with what's happening, and that we're in the minority to not embrace it, and that there is no better way of life, that humanity isn't good enough to hold up under any other social and economic system.

Yelling "NOW TESTIFY!" isn't going to do anything at the moment, especially since the majority of people are so alienated from one another that true solidarity is nearly impossible and in fact discouraged - self interests are praised above all -, and we'd need a critical mass of the sleepy masses to get them off of the couch, turn off their televison sets, and start seeing enough and caring about it to make some noise. I can't offer much hope except to say that we need to tread water and not get sucked under or pulled through the machine until the leverage exists to do something about it.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#58 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:06 PM

Yes, don't have sex with inanimate objects!
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#59 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Kirby @ Apr 15 2006, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As an on topic note. I would want space to be put in control of space and the such. In conparison to how intersteller government and life would work I'd much rather perfer to be slaves to consumerism than be put slave to religious unity (a la Warhammer 40K), government ironfist...ed-ness, or be stuck in a collective hivemind.

the consumerist companies of today are the religions of tommorow.
and the religions of today arte the companies of tommow, today.

trust me.

a bakery was selling hot cross buns, but labeling them seasonal buns to avoid offending no christians, in another act of politically correct ignorance, which i found histerical as hot cross buns are from a pagan festival accredited to the godess of fertility, the small cross being her symbol and eggs and rabits being obvious symbols of fertility. the catholic church moved easter to coincide with this pagen festival to grow their numbers with the heathen folk... how funny it is that that a bakery some 2000 years later relables these pagan pasteries to avoid affending non christians...

this is how society evolves... it all a big colossol perpetuating fuck up that everyone falls in line for...
waiting to be moed down by the snowballing effect...

every now and again i can't help but yell; "GET OUT OF THE WAY YOU IDIOTS!"

even though they don't really deserve my help...

but our civilisation is already based on slavery, it used to be with whips and chains and now its with petrol and credit cards and terible entertainment...

but everys trained to think the way they do and taught to accuse people who think outside the defined borders dictated to us, are the ones trained to think the way we do out of malcontent loonies...

#60 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:07 PM

Yes... Terrible, TERRIBLE entertainment. How we got the PT you know.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size