• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

stupidity of gay pride l

#61 User is offline   Mist Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 March 2004 - 01:03 PM

sad.gif Poor Skinny. You did bring it on yourself, though, you know? Interesting that that punctuation had to be a ? even though it was rhetorical and has the sentence emphasis and fluency of a . sentence. What an odd language we speak. huh.gif
I'm comfortably numb.

Jimbo: We had to kill them to keep them from going extinct.

#62 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 15 March 2004 - 08:08 PM

I'm almost afraid to say anything here...I took one look at the length of the earlier posts and realized I'd be in over my head in a debate like this. Doesn't anybody else just...not care? What difference does it make if somebody is gay or not? Why should sexuality be a reason to hate somebody? It doesn't make a person any less human. I just don't get it. huh.gif

This post has been edited by Jane Sherwood: 16 March 2004 - 07:18 PM

Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#63 Guest_Pipehead_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 March 2004 - 08:36 PM

Why should sexuality be a reason to hate somebody? It doesn't make a person any less human. I just don't get it.

Does that make me naive, or a better person? 

(By the way: don't look to the bible for answers on this. It's all a load of crap.)

The last comment you made pointed out nicely as to where you stand on the subject. No one said anything about hating, no one said anything about less human. So if you don't get it, it's because you are adding factors that did not play role in the conversation to begin with.

The nature of your comments are naive.

#64 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2004 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Jane Sherwood @ Mar 15 2004, 08:08 PM)
I'm almost afraid to say anything here...I took one look at the length of the earlier posts and realized I'd be in over my head in a debate like this. Doesn't anybody else just...not care? What difference does it make if somebody is gay or not? Why should sexuality be a reason to hate somebody? It doesn't make a person any less human. I just don't get it.

I think that you are not alone Jane in that there are a great many people that don't care one way or the other. However, because they don't care they generally don't post their views. It's nice to see that you are happy to express your lack of concern on the matter.

However, I would like to follow up what you said, because your lack of caring about the subject comes from your not actually having an issue with a person's sexual preferences. I share your view of not being concerned by a persons sexual preference. But, I feel compelled to speak up when people say that they do not agree with Gay Pride Parades or that gay couples should not have the right to be married - which incidentally is what this thread started with. Unfortunately, you cannot really have these discussions without looking deeper into why people hold these views.

As you've seen they tend to fall into one of two categories. The first is the religious stand point and the second is the revulsion (strong word yes, but it is the basic feeling) stand point. We've had one argument for economics, but that was addressed by Civ#2. To date I don't think anyone has actually stated that they hate gay people or questioned their status as a human. Most people arguing against here are coming from the religious point of view, with only a couple outright stating that they don't like the concept of homosexuality and thus feel that gay people should not have the some rights.

This is essentially what we are discussing, because, unfortunately, it is something that needs to be discussed and debated. It makes perfect sense to me that there should be no issue here, but at the same time it makes perfect sense to those of differeing opinions that there should also be no issue. Why? Because we both feel that our view points are correct and that the other just simply does not understand the obvious points we are making.

This is the way these things have to work. It is not enough for a minority group to simply make their case on their own (and I am not just referring to minorities in terms of numeric values). They need support. Just as the Suffragette's and black activists needed support to affect change. I wont rehash the arguments here becaue you've likely read them all, but I hope you see my point.

Sometimes to effect change people need to state their case and stand with others of the same opinion. Especially if they disagree with a current or pending state of being.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#65 Guest_Little princess_*

Posted 15 March 2004 - 10:22 PM

I was going to thank Mist and Skinny for bringing a little sanity back to the topic with their fascinating observations about yeast and the eating of it.

But now the long-winded, serious minded, homosexual-fixated bible people are back.

And, I blame YOU Jane, for starting them off again!

LOOK FELLERS...WE DON'T BLOODY CARE.

#66 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 15 March 2004 - 10:28 PM

"we" don't bloody care..... more like "I" don't bloody care

And if you don't like it, I suggest you avoid this thread. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jordan: 15 March 2004 - 10:28 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#67 Guest_Little princess_*

Posted 15 March 2004 - 10:39 PM

Jordan...darling.

Piss off! Please.

Leave this forum. PLEASE.

#68 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2004 - 11:37 PM

You're a violent little girl.

Very intolerant indeed smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jordan: 15 March 2004 - 11:38 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#69 Guest_Little princess_*

Posted 16 March 2004 - 08:03 AM

*sigh*

#70 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2004 - 03:40 PM

Don't worry Little Princess, I'm gone.

#71 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Little princess @ Mar 15 2004, 10:22 PM)

(*sheepishly backs away*) Erm...perhaps I should just avoid posting when I'm not thinking clearly.

#72 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (sinister grinner @ Mar 6 2004, 09:25 PM)
it's not like straight guys march around proclaiming how they like to have sex with women.

actually I do... rolleyes.gif

#73 User is offline   Mist Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2004 - 12:58 PM

blink.gif Oh my. LP got upset. Cute. happy.gif

No Jane, that's the best time to post. As you've probably noticed, that's the only time I post. Look at all my posts. laugh.gif That's my default state of being. It makes it more interesting to read, or, at least, that's what I keep telling myself, which is why I keep posting. dry.gif

Jane: What's your view on apple cobbler?

LP: So you liked our yeast discussion? Join in! Post what you think of yeast now. Be free with your yeast comments. Let the world know how you feel. Express your deepest, most secret feelings regarding yeast!

Yahtz: What're your views on stupid pointless posts of the sort that I am constantly writing, and what are your views on pie as opposed to cake?

Der Mudda: What are your views on Yahtz?

Chyld: How are you? What are your views on insert subject here?

This post has been edited by Mist: 17 March 2004 - 01:39 PM

I'm comfortably numb.

Jimbo: We had to kill them to keep them from going extinct.

#74 User is offline   Scruffie Icon

• New Cop

Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:38 PM

I kinda like this topic. A nice heated discussion like this gives me a good idea of who to like and who not to like, since most people here I don't recognise.

How I yearn for the days of Dr Looney, Glick Glidewell, and Darnn... (and to a lesser extent myself) sad.gif

Are any of you out there by the way? (runs to members list)

#75 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Little princess @ Mar 15 2004, 10:22 PM)
I was going to thank Mist and Skinny for bringing a little sanity back to the topic with their fascinating observations about yeast and the eating of it.

But now the long-winded, serious minded, homosexual-fixated bible people are back.

LOOK FELLERS...WE DON'T BLOODY CARE.

Damn! I forgot to add my yeast story to my long winded post. Sorry about that LP. tongue.gif

I ate yeast once. A little too much in fact. I went out into the sun and I'm sure that it baked inside me, because my stomach felt like it expanded as something was growing. I was able to use the tag line that it felt like a bun in the oven, but being male this disturbed me more than I thought it would. No amount of Eno would bring down the horrible ache. blink.gif

P.S. Little princess, 5 pages and 73 responses is a hell of a lot of not caring. It's a forum group for discussion. Sometimes people want to discuss serious issues. Personally, I like the serious and the innane so I'm quite at home here. tongue.gif Although I don't know her, I also blame Jane for making me forget my yeast story.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked