Chefelf.com Night Life: Vengeful mouse sets house ablaze - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Vengeful mouse sets house ablaze Monday, January 9, 2006

#16 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:27 PM

I hear the mouse survived. But not from a reliable source. More of a pathological liar, actually. But he does tell the truth occasionally.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#17 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:55 PM

I am sure there are many running around, does he have proof?
If the mouse did survive, likely wind or water, considering the exposure and cause of the fire, will there be much to live for?

Not a very pleasant experience to have a skin and body full of crust.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 11 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

#18 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jan 12 2006, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's just that the Christians weren't very original when it came to thinking up names. (or was the name of God something that blew your head off?).

Men weren't considered worthy to speak or write the name of God. Hence in the Old Testament, in the orrigional Hebrew texts, it was never written with vowels. Yawhey was an attempt to make it pronouncible.

After that, they just decided that, seeing as the first commandment says there's only one god, then we may as well just address it as God.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#19 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Jan 12 2006, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Men weren't considered worthy to speak or write the name of God. Hence in the Old Testament, in the orrigional Hebrew texts, it was never written with vowels. Yawhey was an attempt to make it pronouncible.

After that, they just decided that, seeing as the first commandment says there's only one god, then we may as well just address it as God.

I still say it came from the same unoriginal school of naming that produced the fly.

(The insect, not the movie)

EDIT:- We have however skipped around the main point of my last ramble; Do insurance companies in countries without past Christian dominace, and the double use of god, have act of god in their policies?

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 12 January 2006 - 09:03 AM

IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#20 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jan 12 2006, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still say it came from the same unoriginal school of naming that produced the fly.

(The insect, not the movie)

EDIT:- We have however skipped around the main point of my last ramble; Do insurance companies in countries without past Christian dominace, and the double use of god, have act of god in their policies?

That is going to take me a long time to search but which countries in particular?

I found one form:
They use "forces of nature"
http://www.hum.huji....ion_german.html

To me these insurance companies are using "an act of god" to constructively and slowly close in on events, marking them as unrealistic, for an excuse not to pay:
http://www.cornwall2.../Article146.htm

Knowing it is a flood risk area, they should have set up the right insurances to be able to cope with that. So in this case of fire, can that be an "act of god" as to comparison of the amount of damage caused if they were refused cover?

Would it be better saving the money in a bank account if they are going to be so picky?

I came across this: http://www.cartoonst...es/cza0715l.jpg
Perfect greetings to send to Insurances.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 12 January 2006 - 02:44 PM

#21 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

it's like those villans from the 1960's...

they always just left batman and robin, or james bond, or sometimes the thunderbirds, in some ellaborate trap hoping everything would just work out...

well it doesn't people...

you needs to kill you opponents!!! no matter how small...

more people need to watch and read stories like gormengast, gladiator, the bible, lord of the rings, and so forth...

the lessen just isn't being learned.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size