Chefelf.com Night Life: You'd Think The Emperor Would Be Pissed..... - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

You'd Think The Emperor Would Be Pissed..... About Vader Being Half The Man He Used To Be, Suddenly...

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jan 4 2006, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh huh. As indicated in the scene where Palpatine says,"Anakin, I created you."

at the opera, yes.

like when Saruman says "we must join with him" in regards to Sauron... he says "we must join with him" but it's pretty clear that he already had... somehow "i've joined with Sauron, wanna come with?" would not have been the way to go.

but only a giftless person would overlook it.

come on peoples!

#17 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:43 PM

So that was his way of saying, "Obi-wan never Told you about your father".

#18 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jan 4 2006, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh huh. As indicated in the scene where Palpatine says,"Anakin, I created you."

ROOOOOAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the last time! This! Dialogue! Does! Not! Exist!

Barend, the Palps created Ani thing is a THEORY that was never even stated outright in any of the films. It was only ever insinuated by Palpatine at the exact moment he was trying to get Ani into his little talons.

Its a theory!!!!

What about what Qui Gon said about Ani being "conceived by the midichorians" and being the chosen one whos fate it is to destroy the Sith?

Isn't that was actually happens? Doesnt that give more credence to Qui Gons theory than Palps'?

#19 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:25 AM

Not if your only understanding is a lifetime of the OT rolleyes.gif

#20 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:44 PM

If it wasn't supposed to be implied that Palpy created Anakin, then why wasn't the midichlorian thing mentioned in some other way? Or left out totally? Palpy could have only said Darth Plagius (sp) could stop people from dying. So why didn't he?

#21 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Sagacity @ Jan 5 2006, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it wasn't supposed to be implied that Palpy created Anakin, then why wasn't the midichlorian thing mentioned in some other way? Or left out totally? Palpy could have only said Darth Plagius (sp) could stop people from dying. So why didn't he?

It was supposed to be implied. That's obvious. What I'm reacting to is Barends take on it being the gospel truth.

If Palps creating Ani was 100% story FACT, why did Lucas stick it in in such a way as to go over the heads of 70% of the audience?

#22 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ Jan 5 2006, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about what Qui Gon said about Ani being "conceived by the midichorians" and being the chosen one whos fate it is to destroy the Sith?

Isn't that was actually happens? Doesnt that give more credence to Qui Gons theory than Palps'?

did annie destroy the sith? No.
did padme die? Yes.

quigon 0
palpy 1

besides which, if QGs so smart then why is he dead?

#23 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ Jan 5 2006, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was supposed to be implied. That's obvious. What I'm reacting to is Barends take on it being the gospel truth.

if the bread crumb trail stops at the edge of a gorge, and restarts on the otherside and bridge is not to far away... would you not be adamant that the person leaving the trail crossed th ebridge in the face of the countless people who insisted the crumblayer flew?

QUOTE (jariten @ Jan 5 2006, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Palps creating Ani was 100% story FACT, why did Lucas stick it in in such a way as to go over the heads of 70% of the audience?

the same reason he put a character in all three films that utterly shitted the hell out of 70% of the audience.

is this the same 70%, who can relate to purchasing a droid they already owned?
is this the same 70%, who would elect a fourteen year old candidate?
is the the same 70%, who would remember a tumultous pupil as a "good friend"?
is the the same 70%, who interperate "I HATE YOU" as "I want my son to have this when he's old enough"?
is this the same 70%, who would sneak a gun out of a holster under a table, aim it at their enemy, and still WAIT till they shot first from across a small table?

it's amazing... you feed people bullshit for long enough and they loose their taste for candy.

how come, when some snot nose kid fills the gap with lucas loving mucas it's good enough... but when an intelligent person notices a pattern with big coloured arrows pointing to it, no one wants a bar of it...

i suppose that's why we're still breathing carbon monoxide though.... people love the taste of waste.

believe what you want... it doesn't matter. but if people love this trilogy so much that they only accept theories from people who love the films so much, then why bother? I've heard so many stupid theories about things left unanswered i've nearly choked to death on my own superiority...

STAR WARS PREQUELS
guidlines to being a fan.

1. planets have rivers in their cores
2. queens are elected
3. lava is cool
4. fill in the gaps youself
5. ....er a wizard did it.
6. don't listen to barend he hates jar jar, therefore he's a poo poo head, no-nothing know-it-all!

i get it now... it's not that PT fans have no regard for the past... they just don't like me.

#24 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:33 PM

bloody hell...

I'm not saying it isn't possible...

Only that it isn't necessarily the truth...

Lucas left it open for dorks like you and me to duke it out over...

and Anakin did destroy the sith, the last two in fact...

etc...

#25 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ Jan 5 2006, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's part of the Gospel truth: Good friend, excellent pilot, Hunted and killed by Darth Vader. There's more but what's the point.

#26 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (jariten @ Jan 5 2006, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lucas left it open for dorks like you and me to duke it out over...

That sounds like a pretty important point, and yet Lucas leaves it up to us to figure it out? He's supposed to tell us these things without being cute. But this is the same guy that didn't show us Anakin being "a good friend" to Obi-Wan, so maybe we shouldn't rely on his command of "THE FACTS". At least in the PT. dry.gif

#27 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Jan 5 2006, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's amazing... you feed people bullshit for long enough and they loose their taste for candy.

#28 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Sagacity @ Jan 6 2006, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sounds like a pretty important point, and yet Lucas leaves it up to us to figure it out? He's supposed to tell us these things without being cute. But this is the same guy that didn't show us Anakin being "a good friend" to Obi-Wan, so maybe we shouldn't rely on his command of "THE FACTS". At least in the PT. dry.gif

If you're watching them in sequence, I don't really know why you'd be in any doubt that Qui Gon wasn't right about Ani's conception. RotS is just Palps throwing a spanner in the works. He's a known liar who at that point was basically trying to show Ani that he was the only way he could save Padme.

Why would anyone take Palps word over Qui's, esp. when Qui is proved to be right in the end?

Yet, Lucas gave us something extra to chew on in the opera scene, something specifically for the fans who've actually been following the films since TPM. Most of the audience would've missed it (I imagine. I've not been conducting polls or anything).

They would not of missed Qui's theory though, which was purposefully spelt out plainly and cleanly.

#29 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

I guess. It's funny how some lines are less memorable than others.

#30 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Jan 6 2006, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess. It's funny how some lines are less memorable than others.

Lucas lost me for good when Yoda. Mace Windu, and Obi Wan are travelling in the shuttle craft in Curuscant and Yoda says "A prophecy misread that could have..." His on again off again wanting it both ways non-storytelling was the last straw. especially for a film that was supposed to wrap up the whole sha-bang but did nothing of the sort.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size