Chefelf.com Night Life: Bush calls heterosexual marriage 'ideal' - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Bush calls heterosexual marriage 'ideal' Sunday, February 28, 2004

#1 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 28 February 2004 - 08:42 PM

Bush calls heterosexual marriage 'ideal'
Sunday, February 28, 2004

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush said Friday he supports a constitutional ban on same-sex marriages because it is his job to "drive policy toward the ideal."

"I believe marriage has served society well and I believe it is important to affirm that marriage of a man and woman is ideal, and the job of the president is to drive policy toward the ideal," Bush told reporters in response to a question.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ment/index.html

I'm glad to see that Dubya has finally defined what his job is: "to drive policy toward the ideal". Excellent. This seems to be working oh so well with his policy of Continuous War as well as his policy of Sucky Economy. Equal rights advocates have nothing to fear...once this guy puts the razor-sharp focus of his determination toward something, it's bound to fail.

#2 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 28 February 2004 - 11:57 PM

Heccubus calls not being a twat "ideal".

#3 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 29 February 2004 - 10:08 AM

Somebody needs to call an action to address the issue. Obviously Kerry isn't pandering to the same-sex crowd either.

#4 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:50 AM

"Ideal". That's just perfect. I love that no republicans (or idiotic Democrats) can give one simple solid reason why they think homosexual marriage is wrong. As best I can tell they are opposed to it because it makes them feel uncomfortable.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#5 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:40 PM

What really gets me is that he's trying to tell us that heterosexual families are more stable historically. Historically homosexual families were illegal firstly and second any glance at average American families shows they aren't stable at all. Man, there's nothing stable in America.

#6 User is offline   jyd Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:10 PM

haha i love the candian perspective, but i bet the gay divorce rate is lower than the hetero one...the only problem i see besides the fact that it makes me slightly uncomfortable is that if they adopt a kid the child might be made fun of or confused. and i dont want anyone saying its a different issue because its the same, people get married to have a family and a homosexual couple will do all they can to adopt /surrogate whatever, but as far as im concerned let them get married as long as they dont keep me up at night from the house next door

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 March 2004 - 07:11 PM

I don't have the figures, but let's look at ideal marrage...

wife beaters, cheaters, and women who leave their husbands for the poolman and have the x paying support for the rest of his life.

let's have a look at gay marrage....

no one gets moody one week every month thus reducing unneccesary arguments, if any fights get physical it's pretty even, men want sex all the the time so two men in one house means much more sex means more satifisfaction and less frustration....

of course on the other hand you've got lesbian couples...

fun to watch, except when arguing/fighting - it's like watching 2 soap operas simultaneously!!! (trust me i've seen it). 2 weeks of every month is full of moodiness untill they sychronise.

so male gay marage is the ideal really! smile.gif

#8 User is offline   jyd Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2004 - 08:08 PM

exactly! but its gross...you cant win, dont get married

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:02 AM

Can I marry my Dog? who's to say that I can't? sure, it's not a "traditional" male/female relationship, but so what? I say the laws are against me because I want to marry my dog. We love each other so who has the right to stand in our way?

#10 User is offline   jyd Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:13 PM

exactly...a significant ruling in either direction could open up a pandora's box in this issue...same sex marriages could lead to inter-species marriages to take it to an extreme lol..but how about age limits?

and is saying who we can and cant marry a little too personal? i thought we sacrificed rights only for security..not this, and hey doesnt that mean religion and government are a little too close there i thought our country had a separation of church and state..

#11 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:02 PM

God willing, it does

#12 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:36 PM

There are laws against bestiality in some areas, you'll have to look into that before you and Fido get hitched.

#13 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:05 PM

I have no intention on having sex with my puppy. (Just as I can't quite picture the image one of my best friends, who happens to be gay, having sex with men. sorry. the thought of it is repulsive to me. Now two women on the other hand...)

I just love my dog and want him to be able to visit me in the hospital if I get real sick.

#14 User is offline   jyd Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Heccubus @ Mar 2 2004, 05:36 PM)
There are laws against bestiality in some areas, you'll have to look into that before you and Fido get hitched.

some areas? SOME!?!?!? how sickening AMMENDMENT AMMENDMENT I CALL FOR AMMENDMENT

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Mar 2 2004, 07:05 PM)
Just as I can't quite picture the image one of my best friends, who happens to be gay, having sex with men.

if you're having trouble picturing the image, ask if you can watch next time.

that clear up that problem!!! wink.gif

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size