• +
  • Last »

Nitpicking the Deleted Scenes?

#1 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:40 AM

Hey ChefElf.. now that the last Star Wars DVD is coming out (well the last one until Lucas's next double-dip!), we know that there are several "deleted scenes" for the prequels included on each disc.

How about a nitpick review of the deleted scenes?

After all, this is where the famous "little Greedo" scene comes from in TPM, Padme's political speech in AOTC, and now, apparently, Yoda's dancing skillz in ROTS.

Now I've heard tell that the "deleted scenes" of these movies are not actually "canon" (unless they don't contradict what's seen in the movies and supported by at least one other source... like the novelisations or the screenplays), but still. wink.gif

At least it would give us some more nitpicks!

Btw, Happy Halloween (soon!)

#2 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:36 AM

While about it, how about "watching" the deleted scenes? sorry, wrong topic.

oh, there's more to criticize than not. That's why the SW forum has gone dead pretty much since Rots smoldered and simmered. We need more SW to captivate us. Give us reason to bitch.

I saw another tv spot for the rots dvd. I may rent it, just to hear luc-hiss defend his tripe. Especially the NOOOO scene, but after listening to him for two hours I figure I'll be a mind-dumb fanboy or will have tuned him out and just won't hear him anymore.

It really WAS a waste.

#3 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

We could start nitpicking the Ewok movies. I mean how could those Barbarians they fight in the Battle FOR Endor have lasers!?! Where did they get the technology from? And where were those ugly bastards during the Second Death Star battle?
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#4 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:52 AM

I'm not sure but I will probably do nitpicks for the deleted scenes. Ever since June or July it has been pretty dead around here. All the anticipation is gone, there's nothing new really coming out (except the TV show which will be sure to disappoint).

I never lived up to my grandiose plans of following the ROTS Reasons with reasons for the corresponding novelization (dreadful) and video game (beyond dreadful) because I was just kinda burned out on the subject.

Perhaps nitpicks for the deleted scenes. I look forward to seeing them. :-) I also look forward to getting the DVD for my birthday. rolleyes.gif

As for the Ewok Movies...
I bought them a while back with plans to do nitpicks a la the Holiday Special review I did. I never got around to it with the ROTS premier, etc. Maybe soon. :-)
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#5 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Oct 28 2005, 09:52 AM)
I'm not sure but I will probably do nitpicks for the deleted scenes.  Ever since June or July it has been pretty dead around here.  All the anticipation is gone, there's nothing new really coming out (except the TV show which will be sure to disappoint).

I never lived up to my grandiose plans of following the ROTS Reasons with reasons for the corresponding novelization (dreadful) and video game (beyond dreadful) because I was just kinda burned out on the subject.

Perhaps nitpicks for the deleted scenes.  I look forward to seeing them.  :-)  I also look forward to getting the DVD for my birthday.  rolleyes.gif

As for the Ewok Movies...
I bought them a while back with plans to do nitpicks a la the Holiday Special review I did.  I never got around to it with the ROTS premier, etc.  Maybe soon.  :-)

I whole heartedly support nitpicks for the deleted scenes among other Star Wars related topics.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#6 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2005 - 05:36 AM

If you do the Deleted Scenes nitpick, I think you ought to do it Justice and do the Deleted Scene Nitpicks for all three Prequels. wink.gif

You could also maybe do something kind of like your classic trilogy nitpicks... showing if the scene added or subtracted anything from the rest of the movie, if it should have been added or not, etc.

That would sure be a treat! It'd be like a nice revisit of the trilogy! Plus a lot of folks will say 'oh this deleted scene explains it all' so you could have your say on that!

MTFBWY

This post has been edited by KurganX: 29 October 2005 - 05:37 AM

#7 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:38 AM

I still think Chef should do complete lists of reasons to hate the OT.

#8 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (Storm @ Oct 31 2005, 01:38 AM)
I still think Chef should do complete lists of reasons to hate the OT.

The right amount of money could convince me, Storm. rolleyes.gif

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#9 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:59 PM

I bought the DVD today and watched the deleted scenes. It's a good thing they cut them out of the movie. Rick McCallum goes on this big rant about how he begged Lucas to include the scene of Yoda landing on Dagobah. I'm glad this is excluded, because it prevents me from questioning why Yoda went to Dagobah in the first place. Apparently according to the Jedi Code, losing to a Sith Lord in a duel is grounds for being forced into exile. However, this makes me question why Anakin and Obi-Wan weren't sent into exile for getting their asses handed to them by Count Dooku in AOTC.

Actually, I've found myself more interested in pointing out flaws in Harry Potter now, rather than Star Wars.

I thought "The Half Blood Prince" was probably the worst of the series. And the transition from book to movie hasn't been that great. I read a quick overview of what we are to expect in the new Goblet of Fire movie, and there are major changes from the book. The whole first task scene with Harry and the Hungarian Horntail dragon has been ridiculously blown out of proportion.

This post has been edited by Storm: 01 November 2005 - 11:04 PM

#10 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Nov 1 2005, 10:59 PM)
Actually, I've found myself more interested in pointing out flaws in Harry Potter now, rather than Star Wars.
I can see that. It has a life cycle which, so far, hasn't been shoehorned into place.

#11 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:11 AM

I guess someone will have to do a definative list of the inconsistencies to compliment the nitpicks, like the disappearing tombstones at the Lars homestead from the PT to the OT among others, but that would involbe sitting through the whole slew of movies AGAIN. A fate I don't wish upon my worst enemy.....

#12 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:54 AM

I would be in full support of more nitpicks, especially for that Ewoks crap.

Apparently according to the Jedi Code, losing to a Sith Lord in a duel is grounds for being forced into exile

That damned Jedi code has expanded a lot from KOTR as Chef already pointed out but I can see that:

There is no emotion, there is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no death, there is the Force
There is no spying, there is space puppies
There is no getting your ass kicked by the Sith, if so there is Dagobah."

All Obiwan and Anakin problems aside, what about the fact that for 2000 years the Sith did not exist? The US dosnt have a law on the books that if you get beaten up by Rome's Praetorian Guard you can't be a congressman.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#13 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:17 AM

Wow. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to get the Ep III DVD tomorrow. Going into exile if you lose a duel with a Sith is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I can't wait!!

That opens up so many more problems than already exist.

I'm not wishing to turn this into a Harry Potter discussion, but I found the Harry Potter books to be quite soothing to read after seeing Episode III destroy the final childhood love of Star Wars that was left in my soul.

#14 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Nov 2 2005, 10:17 AM)
Wow.  I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to get the Ep III DVD tomorrow.  Going into exile if you lose a duel with a Sith is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  I can't wait!!

Ha ha. I was just mocking the whole concept of Yoda going into exile. Thankfully, Lucas does NOT say "Yoda is forced into exile because he loses a duel to a Sith Lord", I was just having a bit of fun with the whole situation by making up some ridiculous explanation.

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:39 PM

according to someone i know who bought the DVD yeasterday, that the deleted scenes are the best ones...

especially incomparison to what they were replaced by...

proof posative the man just wants to destroy the franchise...
i think GL feels about SW the way Andy Kaufman felt about his overpopular charcter in TAXI.

the funny thing is theres a deleted scene from AOTC where obiwan gets that weapon component analyzed by a professional robolab before trudging off to the 50s style diner to talk to 'Barf'.

insted we get a cut where he goes sstraight to the greesy apron wearing, patty flipping, forenzic expert!

This post has been edited by barend: 02 November 2005 - 06:40 PM

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size