Chefelf.com Night Life: Beware the Coming Ice Age - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

Beware the Coming Ice Age Wednesday, February 25, 2004

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:10 AM

Leaked Pentagon report warns climate change may bring famine, war: report
Sun Feb 22, 5:13 PM ET

The report was ordered by an influential US Pentagon advisor but was covered up by "US defense chiefs" for four months, until it was "obtained" by the British weekly The Observer.

The leak promises to draw angry attention to US environmental and military policies, following Washington's rejection of the Kyoto Protocol (news - web sites) on climate change and President George W. Bush (news - web sites)'s skepticism about global warning -- a stance that has stunned scientists worldwide.

The Pentagon report, commissioned by Andrew Marshall, predicts that "abrupt climate change could bring the planet to the edge of anarchy as countries develop a nuclear threat to defend and secure dwindling food, water and energy supplies," The Observer reported.

The report, quoted in the paper, concluded: "Disruption and conflict will be endemic features of life.... Once again, warfare would define human life."

Its authors -- Peter Schwartz, a CIA (news - web sites) consultant and former head of planning at Royal Dutch/Shell Group, and Doug Randall of Global Business Network based in California -- said climate change should be considered "immediately" as a top political and military issue.

It "should be elevated beyond a scientific debate to a US national security concern", they were quoted as saying.

Some examples given of probable scenarios in the dramatic report include:

-- Britain will have winters similar to those in current-day Siberia as European temperatures drop off radically by 2020.

-- by 2007 violent storms will make large parts of the Netherlands uninhabitable and lead to a breach in the acqueduct system in California that supplies all water to densely populated southern California

-- Europe and the United States become "virtual fortresses" trying to keep out millions of migrants whose homelands have been wiped out by rising sea levels or made unfarmable by drought.

-- "catastrophic" shortages of potable water and energy will lead to widespread war by 2020.

Randall, one of the authors, called his findings "depressing stuff" and warned that it might even be too late to prevent future disasters.

"We don't know exactly where we are in the process. It could start tomorrow and we would not know for another five years," he told the paper.

http://story.news.ya...nt_040222221313

Caolan posted this on the Lance & Eskimo Message Board. I figured I'd give it a whirl here.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   Jon Gutner Icon

• The Dairy Man
  • PipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:27 AM

[B][I][U][FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]I LEKE TEH IDEA UB DEFEND mien bottle water......,,,,//?????? ahahahah rotfl roflt lol ol ollllrotfl rotfl i dunot beeleev a wurd of iiiiiitttttt.
BLAHMBABAGO!!!!!
tongue.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

#3 User is offline   jyd Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:19 PM

ahaha and what happened to global warming..these nuts should pick a story and stick to it...look at the last post..they are TERRORISTS!

#4 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:16 PM

look, once again, nothing personal. but the US has reached it's peak. the UK had the dignity to realize they were no longer in charge of anything, but kept quiet about it so as to not draw attention to the fact. but pres. bush is going to go down in a blaze of idiocy and drag the counrty down with him.

global warming is a fact! every sumer has had an average heat at least 1 degree celcius higher each year for the last few years. If the polar caps melt, holland will drown, and I think they should go reclaim New York, Sydney, and the part of France the Catholics chased some of us out of!!! but getting back to the point...
GWB is such a John Wayne muthafucker refusing to accept any responsibility for anything, and I'll wager that this so called 'leak' is just an elaborate set up for yet another fucking war!!! In fact i'm begeing to wonder what else, in the last few years, has been him aswell... but let's not go there - I hate conspiracy theories (especially if I have to type to respond them!)

and whats all this about it getting colder? that's not really such a bad thing... we can deal with that. but if it gets hotter, we're fucked!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size