• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Calling out the bashers

#76 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Apr 3 2006, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call me old-fashioned, but I don't understand the GOOD qualities of prostitution. Maybe you're right, civ... maybe GTA doesn't 'promote' prostitution. It does portray prostitution. My whole point in bringing it up is that a game that portrays prostitution, drugs, gratuitous violence, murder, and running from police is a far greater evil than a game that simply promotes witchcraft, or sorcery. I'd let my children play Harry Potter before I even let them take a glance at what GTA has to offer.

Harry Potter is a bad example. Your trying to argue a point about something not evil as being the lesser of two evils. Try again.

Kids will see that other stuff on the news.

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 3 2006, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's not evil... it's just a game. and it's a parents duty too insure a child can differentiate between games and reality.

Thank you.

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Apr 3 2006, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know what you mean about frakking up the fun. I don't play GTA:VC not because it's violent, or immoral, but because I don't like gangstah.

I don’t play it cause I cant get past the 3rd mission. I just end up stealing cars the whole time and trying to jump them off stuff.

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Apr 3 2006, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, you're saying it's a good quality to give ugly people false hope? I still don't see the good qualities of prostitution. I don't care how unnattractive a person may be. There's ALWAYS somebody out there for everybody. To say that there is good in prostitution is like saying there's nothing wrong with paying someone to have sex with you because you don't want to take a stab at being even the slightest bit confident about yourself. But, hey... to each his own. I'd rather stay at home and have steak, than to go out for hamburger.

Hey some people just wanna have a good time and have sex with a stranger and never see em again. Whats wrong with that?

#77 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, a lot of games aren't as much fun to play, more to mess around with (Midtown Madness 2 comes to mind, I also failed to finish Deus Ex because I spent too much time messing around in those offices).

Another good film exposing the evils of prostitution.

People looking for anonymous sex are just as irresponsible as drunk drivers. Such an attitude of uncaring is what allows it to flourish.

This post has been edited by KurganX: 04 April 2006 - 12:16 PM

#78 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (KurganX @ Apr 4 2006, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, a lot of games aren't as much fun to play, more to mess around with (Midtown Madness 2 comes to mind, I also failed to finish Deus Ex because I spent too much time messing around in those offices).

Another good film exposing the evils of prostitution.

People looking for anonymous sex are just as irresponsible as drunk drivers. Such an attitude of uncaring is what allows it to flourish.

What’s irresponsible about it? Its just as dangerous as having sex with someone you’ve only been on a couple of dates with. Drunk driving can hurt lots of people - paying for sex is hurt free. The guy gets to get off and the girl gets to pay her electric bill. Its a win win situation.

#79 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ Apr 4 2006, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some low blows flying around here

laugh.gif

yeah, i almost felt bad saying it...

but then i remembered the lovie dovie dialogue

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Apr 4 2006, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you.

you're welcome.

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Apr 4 2006, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don’t play it cause I cant get past the 3rd mission. I just end up stealing cars the whole time and trying to jump them off stuff.

i have a similar problem... but i like to rack up the stars and be chased for hours.

they better make an online version...

you and me, thelma and lou-

er... bob.

#80 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

laugh.gif Sounds like a plan.

#81 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Apr 3 2006, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More likely an ugly guy with little money or status would go out for steak or stay home with hamburger.

I don't believe that there is someone for everyone. Who's waiting for this guy?

Trust me... someone out there is waiting for that guy. I've seen worse on Springer.

#82 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

Waiting for him to dish out $200.

#83 User is offline   Harmonica Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 4 2006, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there's a reason all his kids are adopted.

Yeah, and there's a reason that all his movies feature enormous spaceships.

And that reason is called Compensation.

wink.gif

#84 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 3 2006, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
charging someone doesn't give them false hope! batting one's eyelids while some poor fool buys you drink after drink is giving false hope.
prostitues are quite honest about the situation.
someone out there for everyone?
that's just something women made up to give us false hope and stop us from starting fight club.
alot of people 'take a stab' at being confident but are undercut by rednecks with more money, or better looking.
we live in a superficial world that is unbalanced... the ugliest girl will find a huusband before the ugliest guy will get a sympathy kiss.

That's just something ugly people say. Sounds like someone's a bit insecure. You're talking about a superficial world being unbalanced, and that's not the case. It sounds like you're the one being superficial and shallow. You're trying to say that ugly guys finish last, and they don't. The only looks women care about are their own. I know what you're going to reply with: That's just something women say to cheer us up. Bullshit. If a man gains anywhere between 10-100 pounds, not a big deal. If a woman gains 5 pounds, they freak the fuck out. In a world where people believe everything they see on TV, is it any wonder why society has a superficial point of view? I remember when TV was meant for entertainment purposes, not brainwashing. I think you've been had, Barend. If you honestly believe that an ugly guy has no chance of ever meeting up with his soulmate, or even a one-night stand for that matter, you are sadly mistaken. There is someone for everybody, and if you don't believe that, you will turn into a very bitter, lonely person.

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 3 2006, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
these games DO have ratings, yes.
isn't it one of those strange things i've heard of that's meant to interviene and monitor this...
oh shit....
what's it called...
uh....
oh... damnit... i know this one...
uh....
oh.
PARENTING!!!!!!!!
but, no some old bitch buys it for her 14 year old grandson and then sues the company that clearly marked the packet....
AMERICA: the land of oportunity... for FUCKWITS with no sense of responsibity or comprehension of COMMON FUCKING SENSE AND ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

Parenting. Hmmm... sounds like a lost cause to me. Possibly because of those parents' parents, who don't know what parenting is. The legal system has changed so much that you can sue anybody for anything... like the dumb bitch that sued McDonald's because she spilled hot coffee in her lap. Now, I don't know about you, but that's just stupid. Whatever happened to accountability? If I spilled hot coffee in my lap, it's my own damn fault. I dropped the coffee in my lap, therefore I'm accountable. If it was the drive-thru employee that threw it in my lap, then that's different. If I had that happen to me, I'd throw the coffee back at the guy. Lawsuits are a game, now. It's become so much like gambling, I don't know whether I would have better odds at the blackjack table, or at the district courthouse. America is the land of opportunity... for immigrants. There's no such thing as the American dream... or at least for Americans. We pay out the ass for taxes, gas, cigarettes, etc... just so some fat bureaucratic politician can sit on his ass eating bon bons, squeezing blackheads, and watching the money pour into his bank account like water. Meanwhile, the rich keep getting richer, and the poor keep getting fucked over. Nobody wins the lottery, unless they're already wealthy, or old, or in a large group of winners. We watch the news as they clip out the juicy bits and give us the information they want us to hear. We never get the full story. They're hiding things from us because of the mass hysteria and panic it would cause to know the full story. I'm getting off point, so let me conclude by saying that this world is going to hell in a handbasket faster than Rosie O'Donnell after a bag of Oreo cookies backstage at Lillith Fair, and we all just got front row seats. Bring your friends and family. Parking not included. Rated 'M' for Mature... and if you're looking to buy this game for your 14 year old, you need to be dragged out in the street and shot. With liberty and justice for all... with the exception of America.

#85 User is offline   Harmonica Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

We pay out the ass for toys, books, prequels, etc... just so some fat bureaucratic film-maker can sit on his ass eating bon bons, squeezing blackheads, and watching the money pour into his bank account like water. Meanwhile, the Lucas keeps getting richer, and the fans keep getting fucked over.

Corrected!

#86 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Apr 4 2006, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
America is the land of opportunity... for immigrants. There's no such thing as the American dream... or at least for Americans. We pay out the ass for taxes, gas, cigarettes, etc... just so some fat bureaucratic politician can sit on his ass eating bon bons, squeezing blackheads, and watching the money pour into his bank account like water. Meanwhile, the rich keep getting richer, and the poor keep getting fucked over. Nobody wins the lottery, unless they're already wealthy, or old, or in a large group of winners. We watch the news as they clip out the juicy bits and give us the information they want us to hear. We never get the full story. They're hiding things from us because of the mass hysteria and panic it would cause to know the full story. I'm getting off point, so let me conclude by saying that this world is going to hell in a handbasket faster than Rosie O'Donnell after a bag of Oreo cookies backstage at Lillith Fair, and we all just got front row seats. Bring your friends and family. Parking not included. Rated 'M' for Mature... and if you're looking to buy this game for your 14 year old, you need to be dragged out in the street and shot. With liberty and justice for all... with the exception of America.

If you hate America so bad move.

#87 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:36 AM

That's some "absolute" thinking you got there, Jejef.

#88 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Apr 4 2006, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's just something ugly people say.

no, my good looking model and actor friends agree with me.

Sounds like someone's a bit insecure.

no just ugly...

You're talking about a superficial world being unbalanced, and that's not the case. It sounds like you're the one being superficial and shallow.

that's just something superficial people say when they're cornered

or who feel guilty for perpetuating stereotypes that have been observed.

...when i say guilty, we both know superficial people don't really feel guilt... more just a reflex surface thing, because they care so much about what other people think about them. smile.gif

You're trying to say that ugly guys finish last, and they don't.

i know... most of them don't even get started.

The only looks women care about are their own. I know what you're going to reply with: That's just something women say to cheer us up.

not to mess with predetermination but actually no....

my first response would have to be that the women i hang out with all agree with me.

Bullshit. If a man gains anywhere between 10-100 pounds, not a big deal. If a woman gains 5 pounds, they freak the fuck out.

so what you're saying is that men don't freak out when they gain weight as much as women do?

doesn't that just back up the notion that women are the more superficial ones obsessed with looks?

In a world where people believe everything they see on TV, is it any wonder why society has a superficial point of view?

that's no excuse...

I remember when TV was meant for entertainment purposes, not brainwashing.

than you must be older than 31... wink.gif

I think you've been had, Barend. If you honestly believe that an ugly guy has no chance of ever meeting up with his soulmate, or even a one-night stand for that matter, you are sadly mistaken. There is someone for everybody, and if you don't believe that, you will turn into a very bitter, lonely person.

i didn't say an ugly guy has no chance of never meeting his soul mate, i said he has a poor chance of meting anyone...

and even then, most ugly guys DO meet their soul mate, it's just that she'll generally choose to enjoy their 'soulmatship' through plutonic means while some real estate guy fucks her brains out...

there is someone for everyone, but statistical probability is thrown out of wack by those who settle for someone else and those who have their 'someone' and someone else's someone on the side wink.gif

#89 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 6 2006, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and even then, most ugly guys DO meet their soul mate, it's just that she'll generally choose to enjoy their 'soulmatship' through plutonic means while some real estate guy fucks her brains out...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

*gasping for air*

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#90 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:29 AM

It used to be the milk man. But that went the way of passe.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size