Chefelf.com Night Life: hapy orr sad velentines - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

hapy orr sad velentines ...

#31 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:53 AM

Hmm... hmmm... Me and my girlfriend are doing the equal rights Valentine Day thing, because I'm broke. So instead of me buying her flowers, taking her to a restaurant and stuff. She's bought me something and took me to a film, hoorah!

It's really though just an excuse to get out of the house and have some time for just the two of us.

And on Barend's story: She is the reason I don't make friends except the first impression shows that the person is naught but a humble geeky person.

#32 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Feb 15 2005, 06:51 AM)
??? What is there to be happy about, Chyld? That you get older? I hate my birthday for that very reason. I also stopped celebrating the New Year's Eve. I want to spend that day praying that the next year is not very much worse than the previous one.

Well, I'm still at the optimistic stage, that both of these celebrations involve a large amount of punishment for my liver. I've got plenty of time to be cynical later...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#33 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:19 AM

out side of 'bank holiday' (which in the last few years has since been limmited to people who work in banks), this is the worst day of the year... it makes me angry...

but it makes alot of other people really sad... and that's just mean.

and not the cool barendesque mean that everybody loves...

#34 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:22 AM

I'll tell you what Valentine's Day is for. It's so that you can go up to the girl you like, ask if she's doing anything for Valentine's Day, and when she says "No," you say you're not doing anything either and suggest not doing anything together.

Or, that's the PLAN, anyway. It never quite works out for the following reasons:

1. "Oh, my boyfriend and I are going out!"
2. "Oh, my girlfriend and I are going out!"
3. "Oh, no, I'm super busy-- I have like, a ton of homework."
4. "Valentine's Day is a corrupt tool of greeting card companies and I'll have no part of it."

#35 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:20 AM

It's one of those horrible cynical holidays that half of us force ourselves to be miserable. Why can't we all just be positive about it, I mean, sure you may not be joined at the hip to a supermodel, but you can still be nice to the people you care for. (friends, family, etc)

Aside from having to hack my way through a small botanical gardens worth of flowers belonging to the blonde who sits next to me. I ended up having a reasonably good 'anti-valentines' day with my single friends, went drinking, and met a nice girl who didn't turn into a psycho until 3am.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#36 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Feb 15 2005, 03:20 PM)
It's one of those horrible cynical holidays that half of us force ourselves to be miserable. Why can't we all just be positive about it, I mean, sure you may not be joined at the hip to a supermodel, but you can still be nice to the people you care for. (friends, family, etc)

This is what I tend to call "day to day living" smile.gif

Kinda seriously, I'm sure I read somewhere that it'd be so much better if we showed we loved someone every day of the year, rather than pooling your resources into one day of pretentiously ridiculous volumes of red objects. Love isn't a drug, you don't do shitloads at once every now and then, one ought to do it like breathing, a little every day/minute/whatever.

If I had a point there, I lost it. Again.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#37 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 February 2005 - 12:12 PM

My VD wasn't too bad. There was, of course, the Fry quote of "Damn, I forgot to get a girlfriend again", but this year it was offset by not leaving the house. I had no way of contacting those that I had any intention of Valantines Day related activities with, which would be bad, but I did have KotOR 2, which, like alcohol, made me forget.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#38 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:07 PM

Because no one else has said it, I feel I have to:

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn."
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#39 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:09 PM

You're a good man, Sime.

Laughlyn - Do the women you meet usually turn psycho earlier?

Also, I kicked some serious ass on my java assignment. Nothing like being productive instead of a lazy git.

And I concur with Chyld on love. And making one's liver tired.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#40 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:21 PM

What a load of curmudgeons. Shame on you all.

Buy more greeting cards. I have stock in a paper company.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#41 User is offline   kdogg Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:04 PM

Which VD is worse: Valentine's Day or Venereal Disease, or are they pretty much the same thing? To be quite honest, I did celebrate one of these yesterday, but I'm not going to say which one.

#42 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:25 PM

Got a valentine's card from my Godson and from my mom. I'm kind of dating this real quality lady but I've seen more action on the mars rover video than what that relationship has produced.

So last night, unwinding and catching up on some reading, I looked down and kissed my beagle on his snout.

It was a nice moment, and I felt like I'd risen above the V-D nonsense. (I made cards, for people important to me at no cost save postage.) Louis is Not the Love of my life compainion I'm hoping for, but Mercy it was nicer than going through the motions with my bitch-wife like when I was married.

smile.gif

#43 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Feb 15 2005, 04:25 PM)
So last night, unwinding and catching up on some reading, I looked down and kissed my beagle on his snout.

All right, I admit it. That made me go "Awwwwww!"
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#44 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:53 PM

Slade: to answer your question, Maybe psycho's a bad term, but I can see a bad relationship coming a mile off. I've survived enough bad relationships to write a book, so I tend to be a pretty good judge of character even under the influence. I also try to avoid doing things that either of us might regret in the morning, and hence avoid the problem altogether. Which has lead to my acheiving the questionable title of 'gentleman b*stard'.

I my defence for last night, you just don't get drunk with some guy, go back to his apartmennt, skin up a joint, and start talking about children. Not on the 14th. Sorry Amy.

Sime: KOTOR2 is probably better than the average VD anytime, although I must also commend Blizzard for releasing WOWarcraft on the 11th, just in time to murder a few relationships.

And just for anyone single, female, and disappointed about not getting any flowers:

IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#45 User is offline   electricprune Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Theremin playing, experimental music, cable access tv, amateur photography, indie film, hula hooping, blueberries, yogurt, macaroni and cheese, walking long distances, psychedelic music

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:09 PM

Usually Valentine's Day really sucks for me, but this year was an exception. I started dating this nice fellow about a month ago, and he came over and fixed me some gourmet hot chocolate and we watched one of my favorite movies "Almost Famous."

For a long time I was terminally single, but my luck seems to be changing! Guess the old cliche "good things come to those who wait" sometimes does come true.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size