• Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:31 PM

Blargh. I hate those stupid sites.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#17 User is offline   darth_paul Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Comics, Sci-Fi, Games, Religion (Christianity & Catholicism), Politics (Republcan) - although I tend to stay away from discussing those last two since they often get me into trouble that I'd rather not deal with unless I am pushed, which then I'll push back until I get disgusted and give up. Other than that I can pretty much get along with anyone ;)

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:03 AM

Now that I've joined in, I'm arguing with everyone and no-one. I'm an equal opportunity troll. laugh.gif

#18 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:05 PM

Bloody necromancer... Was it really necessary to ressurect an 11 month old thread to... *reads time between now and last post and message again*

I'll just shut up now and let this thread rest in peace. But I shan't have you defiling the peaceful dead threads!

#19 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Aug 20 2005, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While on the debate club boards, I noticed that almost all of the debates became something along the lines of the following.

JM: I'm right.
Renegade: No, I'm right.
Almost everyone else: *Wearing cheerleader outfits* "Let's go *insert JM or Renegade's name here*, Let's go *repeat above process.*

It just strikes me that perhaps these two have already noticed that people have already said this, but I am hoping that finally they will take other people's points as more than mildly annoying. I'm sorry if I sound rude, but I think that this really needs to be brought tp their attention. Or am I just being a jerk? ermm.gif

that's not how it goes...

JM: I'm right.
Renegade: No, I'm right.
Civ#2: --insert long but informative information on topic--
troll of the month: everyones wrong but me, j00 4ll stoopid!!!
barend: jeeze man what's your problem?
troll of the month: screww j00 n00b
barend: [witty retort]
slade: calm down barend.

#20 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:29 AM

Barend, your stuff between the brackets is a bit inaccurate. tongue.gif

And I tell everybody to calm down, not just you. Also, Renegade's disappeared again.

Barend on the outside, tasty on the inside. - Sloganizer. That's just too weird.

#21 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:48 PM

i'll give you stuff between your brackets!

i'm always calm... but if people step over the line between having a debate and insulting everyone, i'm going to point out their absurdity...

and when they over react to creative critisism, and put a jihad on me, a laugh and give them a little more... everyone seems to love it but you...
i'm just having fun defending the people of chefelfia against trolls...

telling everyone to calm down when it's always just one wanker (no me BTW) is unfair... bagging out a wanker for mouthing off bullshit is only to be expected... that's how wankers learnm that they are infact wankers and may take into consideration that it may not be the prefereable state of mind to be in...

but if someone calls it a brawl, then the wanker just assumes that all the trouble just happened and that his wankery played no part in the chaos that ensued!

#22 User is offline   darth_paul Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Comics, Sci-Fi, Games, Religion (Christianity &amp; Catholicism), Politics (Republcan) - although I tend to stay away from discussing those last two since they often get me into trouble that I'd rather not deal with unless I am pushed, which then I'll push back until I get disgusted and give up. Other than that I can pretty much get along with anyone ;)

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:32 PM

wacko.gif

#23 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:33 PM

That's the part where Barend calls you a wanker, Paul. tongue.gif

B: I tell everybody to calm down because nothing is solved by people taking shots at one another. If you want to stop a knife fight, you don't bring another knife in and start swinging... Well, you might, but you'd expect to just kill the other parties involved. The best thing to do when people are being dumb is to not react to them, not provoke them and let them know they're ticking you off.

#24 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:56 AM

Let's hope that you never get to live in a dictatorship then, Mr. Slade.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#25 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jul 8 2006, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the part where Barend calls you a wanker, Paul. tongue.gif

B: I tell everybody to calm down because nothing is solved by people taking shots at one another. If you want to stop a knife fight, you don't bring another knife in and start swinging... Well, you might, but you'd expect to just kill the other parties involved. The best thing to do when people are being dumb is to not react to them, not provoke them and let them know they're ticking you off.

i disagree with your last statement...

on three points;

1. the only reason we have dumb people in the world is because everybody's affraid to tell them so.
a dumb person, by definition, is unlikley to gather enough wit to reach the conlusion alone and therefore needs all the assistance available to have the knowledge land in their lap. how is a dumbass ever going know their a dumbass and less we tell them?

2. prvocation cannot occur AFTER an initial attack. and provocation that takes place AFTER an attack is technically, if culpable in nature, a perpetuation. however self and third party defence does not count. verbaly undervaluing the opnion of others, and taking personnally a dissagreement with an establishment, institute, or organisation, is a beligirent approach to debating esspecially if the party in question responds to it insultingly or even refers to it as a personal attack.

3. if one is in fact 'ticking you off' or antagonising you in any way, it is better to let them know rather than supress otherwise their behaviour will be unchalanged and nurtured. having said that it is unfair to assume that just because one such as myself is upset, 'ticked off', or ortherwise just because foolish words were not ignored.

also...

flaming trolls is not a crime, but even if it is, wait till i do before slapping my hand. wink.gif

#26 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:54 AM

Woo hoo. Props to me.

The clever thing to do now would be to recite a list of debates I have contributed to, with links and helpful information. That would be freaking hillarious. However that would also be a shitload of work, so

screww j00 n00b!!!!!
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#27 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:43 AM

I'm not slapping anybody yet, just trying to keep things from getting out of hand. And you can let someone know about their smacktardary in a way that isn't deliberately flaming. Otherwise everything descends into "You're an asshole!" "No, you're an asshole!" repeat ad infintum. Also, please cut with the pedantic crap. Provocation, preturbation, whatever.

Just everybody, don't be jerks, and everything is hunky-dory. I grow weary of this, and shall adieu.

#28 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

flamless smacktardary ensaring is my speciality.

for the record, last time i said I was an asshole.

then someone else jumped up and down and said "YES YOU ARE YES YOU ARE YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE"

what i'm saying is fuck diplomancy, don't tell "everyone" to chill out when only one person is really being a twat

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size