Chefelf.com Night Life: How to Increase gravity on an extreme level - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

How to Increase gravity on an extreme level

#31 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:48 AM

Fangorn? Leaf blowers?

#32 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:36 PM

Normally they aren't, but water is an exception. I thought you knew that... Why else would ice float in water?

Although Calvin's dad said "Ice is cold and wants to get warm, so it floats to the top to get to the air."
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#33 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:03 PM

ice only floats in water when the volume of water exceeds the volume of the individual ice cube. the unit that has the more weight sits underneath...

that's why ball bearings float in molten steel.

#34 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:44 PM

I'm allergic to ice... at least that's what I tell the people at McDonalds when I order a drink...
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#35 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:09 PM

Bah, they're only putting ice in their sodas so they can use less soda anyway.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#36 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:21 AM

they get really pissed of when you say "no ice"

i get really pissed of when they pronounce 'fillet-o-fish' as "fil-leyy o'fish"

who the fuck do they think they are?

i had some bitch at my local McD correct me on that and i corrected her shining style!!!

I said: "Fill-leyy? No nono no! don't correct me... that's a FILLET. as in to 'cut corners'... there's no way that deepfried battered collection of seafood extender in anyway resembles a fil-leyy... don't get snooty with me kid, you're out of your league"

now a i know a lot of you are going to get alll defensive on behalf of the kid, but there's no way i'm having a 14 year old who works at McDonalds talk down to me... you dig?

No clout baby!!!

and i'm an asshole, yes...

#37 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:51 AM

The customer is always right.
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."

#38 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:31 PM

Only if a good 2/3 customers weren't stupid shits or just plain rude. The other 1/3 help to make the job worth it though. Taking your bad day out on some kid behind a counter is just a wonderful way of continuing the cycle of trying to make life miserable for people in general.

Of course if they aren't getting the order right and are also not apologetic about it, then they deserve it.

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 22 August 2005 - 02:33 PM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#39 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:01 PM

Customers are not always right, infact most of the time they're completely wrong.

I lost all faith in society when I joined the service industry. This world is filled with stupid, ugly, rude, retarded assholes.

Most men on this planet are not men, they're shmucks who tell stupid jokes and their stupid girl firends laugh at them, not out of hilarity, but out of fear that nobody else would laugh. You should hear the lame jokes these guys tell. They also thinks it's funny to point out the blatantly obvious.

When they're not trying to ask you stupid questions or be funny, they're complaining about a product and demanding ridiculous things.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 22 August 2005 - 05:02 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#40 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:07 PM

It's true that the customer is usually a jerk... But putting up with people who are jerks is just a part of the job... that and charging them too much when they come in drunk... and stealing from the penny cup... and slicing tomatos in mid-air... and seeing which foods will stick to the ceiling... and surfing across the floor on trays... and water fights.

#41 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:04 PM

yes i agree, the movie mystic river rocked my face off.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#42 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:39 AM

This customer is always right!

i'm always polite to idiots in my job and well beyond the call of duty to answer rediculous questions like; "How long will he be in court for exactly?"

why don't you just ask me when the end of the world is, or what year Nacy Regan will die?

fuck, seriously...

and when ever i go somewhere, the people know nothing about the store they work in...

and that kid i mentioned before was trying to outclass me, if you'd hear the way that little shit said it you would have jumped over the counter and pushed his head in the frier...

#43 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Puns, irony &amp; sarcasm

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:22 AM

Reminds me of the time a mate of mine got abuse from the guy working in a burger van after asking for a burger and...... wait for it........ a chicken burger!

I think his exact words were "We get dickheads like you here every night!"

Yeah, get back to your spatula or you won't get your £2 an hour, tossface.

#44 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:19 PM

I do know what you mean barend. A couple of weeks ago I was at Barnes & Noble buying a couple of D&D books. I used rolled coins and cash. They made me wait until someone else could come over and weigh the coins whilst the cashier just stood there. They didn't even have a scale near the registers, so I had to wait even longer. After a bit I found out each of my two dime rolls were a dime short. All of the people nearby who worked there acted as if I was a criminal or something. I had to go out to my car so that I wouldn't have to break a twenty. After scrounging through my car I came up with two dimes. I went back inside and handed the cashier the twenty cents. My change ended up being twenty three cents. Twenty three cents, not only was I kind of ticked over them caring so much about 20 cents, but then this. The whole ordeal took almost a half an hour. What a big waste of time. One guy nearby apologized to me, but it sounded half-hearted and not very sincere.

20 fuckin cents! yell.gif
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#45 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Zatoichi @ Aug 23 2005, 03:19 PM)
All of the people nearby who worked there acted as if I was a criminal or something.  I had to go out to my car so that I wouldn't have to break a twenty.

I hate it so much when you walk into a store, and the clerk looks at you like your sole desire in the world is to steal some of their overpriced crappola. Just because your not all old and pruny and working at the stupidstore, it MUST mean that you are a thief. And I think that the gravity gun was a really good idea.

Edit: when I opened this up again, all the smilies were sqwuishy.

This post has been edited by Dorothy: 23 August 2005 - 04:55 PM

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size