• « First
  • Last »

The Right to Bear Arms gun-toting maniacs ahoy

#61 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:15 AM

If you sent a gun toting American right-wing headcase back to the Roman era to have a battle between a M4 machine gun and a sword/shield combo, I would put my money on the Roman gladiator.

#62 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (James12345 @ Aug 12 2005, 08:42 AM)
See this is what I was hoping you would say.

That you believe as a stronger or more skilled combatant deserves to win. Its his right...

Well a 9mm could beat a M4 if the shooter is skilled enough too.

Kung Fu teaches you to fight but it also improoves your physical health.
you learn discipline and so forth...

if some one attacks you, you can use it against them. but they can't take it from you and use it hurt you and others...

learning to use a sword or your own body is an acheivment...

pointing a gun at somone and violently removing their brains in an effortless squueze is just fucked.

your just a coward hiding behind someone elses work.

having said that
if someones try to take you out with an M4 and you get them with a 9mm you totally rock... and deserve Kudos.

but at the end of the day niether of you had anyplace owning those items...

QUOTE (James12345 @ Aug 12 2005, 08:42 AM)
See Barend, the world has changed, guns are now the conventional weapons of the day.  Maybe less elegant than lightsabers, but how honorable is having a dagger stabbed in your groin or armpit and being left to bleed to death or die of infection?

or being shot in the kidney's...

#63 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:54 AM

Or, as I mentioned earlier, copping a bullet in the lungs and drowning in my own blood?

Modern guns are now being designed with lightweight ammunition - for the express purpose, not of saving bullet weight but of causing the bullet to spin more so it does more internal damage. Civilised, eh?

#64 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:31 PM

People are always looking for ways to make weapons more dangerous, and kill more slowly.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#65 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:59 PM

i'm reserecting this thread to call your attention to some events in New Orleans...

scroll down to Shots fired at evacuated patients and read the others...

yeah...

civilians should have access to guns... dry.gif

if stores like walmart and the like can carry guns... this is what happens in a crisis.

#66 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:48 PM

Of course further up we have armed felons who now control a prison and could break out.

If they do those household guns are gonna come in handy.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#67 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 01 September 2005 - 11:27 PM

the ones submerged in water or the ones being used to shoot hospital patients?

those criminals are in a fort... i don't know why they'd be going anywhere...

crap... now that you mention it... i wonder if any inmates were locked in ground floor cells when the place got flooded? that would suck.

#68 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:55 AM

Like you care about prison inmates. dry.gif And if I'd been locked in a cell for x years for being a minor drug offender/robbing a store/whatever, I'd be ready to get out, not camp out.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#69 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:31 PM

I care...

in the western worl, the only 'crime' people seem to NEVER get away with is self defence.

there are a lot of people in jail, who's only crime was not wanting to die, or giving their last 20 dollars to a mugger.

i would hate to think that someone like that might have been trapped in a cage as the water rose.

#70 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:15 PM

One of the news pieces, not in your link - but on TV was of an outskirts gunshop that wasn't damaged - their sales have gone up five hundred fold since the storm - they are moving a thousand guns a day.
Between whoever fired on the rescue helicopter and whoever sniped at the patient evacuations... well I think a lot of criminally insane people have had the opportunity to surface in the chaos.
And if there are prisoners camping out in a prison - leave them there! Don't risk life and limb trying to get at a bunch of guys who can keep.

#71 User is offline   StantheGarbageMan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:38 AM

I think that everyone should be able to own any firearm they wish and as many as they wish. But they don't get any ammunition, so basically people with guns will have to just point the thing at people and go 'bang bang'.

#72 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:05 AM

What about rocket launchers. I mean, aside from Dorothy's Dented one, I don't know anyone who owns one.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#73 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:23 PM

Or, you know, people could just stop using them to kill one another.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#74 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:14 AM

Yeah, but its like communism - really really good idea, but basic human nature derails it. We'e too angry/proud/el testosterono

#75 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:50 PM

All I know is that a gun in your home is 41 times more likely to kill one of your family members than an intruder.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size