Chefelf.com Night Life: Major spits out spitters - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Major spits out spitters 25 July 2005

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:06 PM

Deport all who 'spit hate'
- Major

25 July 2005

People who "spit hate" at the British way of life should be deported, Tory former Prime Minister John Major said.

Mr Major spoke of the "uncomfortable reality" that many terrorists were born or lived in the UK but had been taught to hate its culture.

"There seem to be many people who, for reasons that are irrational, dislike the Anglo-Saxon way of life," he said.

He called for heavier penalties for those who incited violence at this "particularly sensitive time".

"Always difficult to balance this against freedom of speech but I think, at the moment, it is justifiable to protect the public," he argued.

Mr Major added: "As far as those who literally spit hate at our country and there are some of them - they spit hate at our country and they incite - I personally would be prepared to deport those where it is clear that what they are doing is causing civil unrest and may cost other people, as a result of that, their lives."

He also called for more CCTV cameras to deter the threat and the use of intercept evidence in courts. Interviewed on the BBC Radio 4 Today programme, Mr Major urged the Government to consult widely over new anti-terror legislation.

"They are going to have to carry people with them at this moment," he warned.

He also defended the controversial shoot-to kill policy that led to the death of Jean Charles de Menezes.

"I rather prefer the exp​ression shoot to protect rather than shoot to kill - I think that is a more accurate description of what happened."

this is london article

thanks to Despondent for this one

"I rather prefer the exp​ression shoot to protect rather than shoot to kill - I think that is a more accurate description of what happened."

the whole point of 'shoot to kill' is a single bullet to the head to prevent unwanted detonation when the target is to far to incapacitate manually.
Jean Charles de Menezes tripped over and was pinned to the ground, THEN shot five times in the head...

of course he apparently ran... in that situation i think he knew what was comming.

'shoot to protect' indeed...

He called for heavier penalties for those who incited violence at this "particularly sensitive time".

and having the press and everyone else constantly making references to the past attacks of the IRA should probably be placed in the poo poo bin too.... you think?

----------------

Ultimatley, what we have here is a fucked situation.

western civilization has always lived in fear that it would become like '1984', 'fareheit 451', 'equelibrium' etc. and now those that oppose are serving as a catalist to that very near possibility.

alot of opinions are going to flood in here, but before everyone jumps in and spouts whatever i think my opinion was best summed up on another forum...

here it is:
QUOTE ("Barend")
i think my feelings on this are best summed up by the "dicks, assholes, pussies" speach in team america.

i hate every group involved.

i hate all religious extreemists, be they muslim, christian, or one of those wankers from a pepsi max comercial.

because they, just like the estaqblishments they oppose, have an unbeleivable tendancy to believe that there is something right about targeting civillians.

i'm really over this shit, because there are so many goddamned hands in the cookie jar that i don't know which one to bite anymore...

between US troops pulling people out of their homes and torturing them for being of "military age" and psychoes video taping the beheadings of civilians, i hope both sides find some convinient manner of co-operative death that involves no civilians so i can go back to complaining about how western mainsteam civilization is crushing the human spirit without havening to worry about being killed by someone who agrees with me but feels more strongly about it...

i think this is one of those articles that will turn into a debate, but i don't think it needs to be moved IMHO...

#2 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:35 PM

I never understood why Britain started importing immigrants. That's what the west is for. Keep Europe white, Asia Yellow, Africa Black, Middle East Brown.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#3 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:18 PM

Jordan: schmeh?

Barend: right on - all extreme points of view, by virtue of being extreme, are wrong.

Shoot to protect indeed.

Edited to include the word schmeh

This post has been edited by Mnesymone: 25 July 2005 - 08:19 PM

#4 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:32 PM

How is it possible to shoot to protect? "I'm shooting this gun right at your head. This is to prevent you from getting hurt."
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#5 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:07 PM

Well, if you don't count the popular press stories lately as inciting hatred that is.....

"There seem to be many people who, for reasons that are irrational, dislike the Anglo-Saxon way of life,

Way to alienate Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and the Southwest John. Perhaps you'd like to export the entire celtic descendents of the british isles whilst you're at it?

God I hate the direction this country is going......
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#6 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:30 PM

The brazilian guy ran from the police. He was shot. What a mistake on.......the brazilian's side!

Who runs from police officers with guns drawn? He could not have chosen a worse location or time to wear a puffy jacket and run from police.

The guy was an idiot.

That would be my apolgy to the family. "we're sorry your idiot son was shot".
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:54 PM

had he not run, he would have been shot in the head.

he was dead the second they saw him.

i'm a bulky guy with olive skin who has to cross the harbour bridge by bus everyday...
when australia follows england in it's current appraoch will i;

A. be blown up by some nutjob who considers me part of the infrastructure of the society he wants to bring down?

B. fall from the bridge after explosives are planted on it only to have my superior swimming skills negated by a falling range rover 4 wheel drive that shouldn't be on the fucking road to start with?

C. be shot in the head by police for looking suspicious?

D. be pinned to the ground after trying to escape certain death to be shot five times in the head at point blank range?

E. die from a stress related disorder brought about by agressivley inconsiderate padestrians, the rush to not be late everyday for work because the major roads are full of assholes who refuse to car pool and all drive 4WDs, the way the west is dealing with this situation, or getting killed to start off with and some other personal shit...

well i don't have any odds for you yet, but i think all punters should be interested to see which way i go... i myself can't wait to find out...

joy.

#8 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:08 AM

Mr Major added: "As far as those who literally spit hate at our country and there are some of them - they spit hate at our country and they incite - I personally would be prepared to deport those where it is clear that what they are doing is causing civil unrest and may cost other people, as a result of that, their lives."

That was the part I agree with. The infiltration is only growing, and whereas hippies yelling "I hate America (or the UK") is cute, (and the least bit virtuous,) I'm glad to see somebody bring up this possible solution of diminishing the problem. Please sir, we're going to have to ask you to leave. I'm sorry you've been dismissed. yo tahm is Uppp.

At least it wasn't Bush this time. rolleyes.gif

#9 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:22 PM

According to some sources, the brazillian fellow brought it all on himself because he was wearing 'inappropriate clothing for the time year'.

blink.gif blimey...

They're arming the fashion police?
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#10 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:24 PM

Oh dear. I hope they don't come over here. I'd be dead before you can say "Needs a haircut" In fact, I only have one type of outfit. And a coat.

Edit: Accidentally hit edit button.

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 26 July 2005 - 05:27 PM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#11 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:45 PM

here's where my opinions get ugly...

if a right wing christian wants to kill, say, an abortion doctor they'll kill them but due to their attachment to all the luxuries of western civilisation they'll want to live through the killing so that we can arrest them.

i'm all for freedom of speech, but there is a point where you have to draw the line.

those that rally out the front of abortion clinics should not be there. they are disrupting a medical establishment. they are loitering and are affiliated with the people who murder abortion doctors. if these people who obviously have no other place to spend their free time then why don't they offer to adopt the babies scheduled for termination? either way the police should drag them the fuck away... fuck their amendment rights these people are inciting violence.

and the same thing goes for islamic extremists...

this is a "war" and civilians are the targets. so i'm sorry if i offend anyone here but the logical thing to do is to KEEP A GODAMNED EYE ON PEOPLE AFFILIATED WITH THAT MOVEMENT!!!

and no that's not descrimination, it's narrowing the field. instead of taking RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE songs off the air, narrow it down.

this is where it all falls apart... on the shoulders of political correctness.

if a black person mugs you you have to tell the police the color of his skin because it's part of his/her description.

if a japanesse midget car jacks you then you have to report his height and nationality and fuck the left wing pussies because you want them to find the goddamn theif!!!

so let's stop tip toeing around the issue out of fear of being branded anything and start in the most obvious places... from there iam almost certain an undercover operative could infiltrate a group who i am sure duck into a mosk or whatever occasionally...

think about it...

because the idea is much better then the 'shoot bulky olive skined dudes in the head' policy that seems so popular at the moment...

This post has been edited by barend: 26 July 2005 - 06:48 PM

#12 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:17 PM

had he not run, he would have been shot in the head.

I don't think so. But that's just me.

#13 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:19 PM

related news article:

AFP 'targeted' Muslim convert over library books

Tuesday, July 26, 2005. 1:33pm

A Melbourne university student says the Australian Federal Police (AFP) has questioned him because he borrowed library books about terrorism and suicide bombings.

The Muslim convert, known as Abraham, says he was targeted by investigators while borrowing the books for PhD research at Monash University into the role of Islam in martyrdom.

Abraham says the AFP drew an unfair link between his Muslim name and his topic of study.

"Obviously, they've had access to my library records," he said.

"I don't know if the phone has been bugged. I don't know if they are watching my movements.

"They are drawing a linkage between a person with a non-English speaking name and saying 'okay, well this is suspicious activity'."

Abraham says there are dozens of students studying similar subjects but he is the only one who has been interviewed, despite espousing a moderate approach to Islam.

"I think it's unjustified and unfair and it also sends a message, unfortunately, to the Muslim community that if they're dealing with the Australian Federal Police authorities that possibly they could be targeted," Abraham said.

"Quite ironic is my study's involved in obviously preventing these actions [terrorism] from occurring.

"They're drawing a linkage with that and saying, 'okay, well you might be a terrorist'."

'Repeal terrorism laws'

The president of Liberty Victoria, Brian Walters SC, is outraged by Abraham's story.

"I think this is extremely serious - it suggests that our AFP and ASIO security police are operating as 'thought police' and undermining academic independence which is so important to a free and democratic society," Mr Walters said.

Mr Walters believes the AFP owes Abraham an apology.

He says the Federal Government should repeal its terrorism laws and take a calmer approach to protecting Australian society.

"I think we should be really concerned about the disruption to our society that these terror laws are creating," Mr Walters said.

"We should be alarmed, not just alert. This is the stuff of Kafka-esque nightmare.

"We do not want a situation where police are vetting the thoughts that we undertake, vetting research and doing so in an environment that cannot be justified."

much more here

"I think this is extremely serious - it suggests that our AFP and ASIO security police are operating as 'thought police' and undermining academic independence which is so important to a free and democratic society," Mr Walters said.

actually it suggests that someone is doing their job...

hmmm...

someone who is studying terrorism and a member of the faith terrorism is most popular with at the moment...

not worth looking into... we may offend someone.

yes he's only a student, but some of these people have been 18-19 years old...

as long as they aren't tearing him out of his house in the middle of the night to stip him down and torture him, i see no no harm on keeping close tabs on people who fit the bill... it's called police work.

jesus, didn't these people ever play 'guess who' growing up?

it's okay to note that jane has long hair, or that geoff wears glasses, or that Abraham is muslim and studies terrorism.

i don't think he's guilty of anything but it would be pretty ignorant to make an exception for him for no real reason.

#14 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:35 AM

I hated getting somebody with glasses. There were only a few, so your opponent would guess you to easily. Stupid game.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#15 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

Nice article, Barend. I'm glad to see we agree on this point.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size