• Last »

Thecomplaining thread. For depression.

#916 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:58 PM

Here is some advice, going out to anyone who will take it. It isn't dieting that will help you, but controlling your diet that will

1. Take a tasty chewable Vitamin C tablet and a multivitamin every day
2. Try to stick to water, milk, and various juices for liquid intake as best you can
3. Try to average somewheres beween six and eight hours of sleep every night
4. Try to maintain good hygene habits, including showering at least once a day and brushing your teeth twice a day
5. Take in sweets, snacks, sodas etc. in moderation, but don't stop all together. That way you will be less likely to binge
6. Pull the fat off of the meat you eat (I just do this because I usually don't like the taste)
7. Stay away from fast food places as best you can
8. Get regular exercise, or at least try to stay active. Doing work around the house can kill two birds with one stone. If you are attending college sign up for a PE class or sport every semester, if you have the opportunity to do so. Working first and playing later can help as well (something that is nearly impossible for me to do)
9. Get more sunlight
10. Stay away from alcohol and any kind of drugs (legal and illegal) as best you are able (of course, take them if they are ncesary to your well being. I thinking something like not taking aspirin unless you really need to)
11. Do some good deeds with no expectation of repayment. In fact do not accept any repayment unless they insist. This can even be towards people you already know (including family members)
12. Masturbate when your feeling horny and you don't expect to be having sex anytime soon, and only if you are in an appropriate setting (This one isn't a joke either. I am actually quite serious)

Numbers 1,3,8,9, 10, and 12 are the most important ones to attempt to do. Still, everyhing on that list will help to improve your wellbeing overall. I may add more to this list. Number 13 (odd coincidence eh) would be, and I hate to preach, to start attending a Church service regularly. Try to find a Church that isn't full of the happy-clappy preachy types. This may be hard, but look for one that is filled with people who will accept who you are and try to help without infringing too much upon your beliefs and lifestyle. This maybe next to impossible, and I consider myself lucky to have found such a place. The reason number 13 isn't on the list should be quite obvious to anyone who has been posting on the forms in any thread where faith or religion slipped into the discussion.

I really am serious about all of the advice I have given thus far. I insist that you take my word for it, and give it a try for at least a month. If after a month you can truthfully say that your life has not improved at all and my signature hasn't changed, read it.

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 17 October 2005 - 08:59 PM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#917 User is offline   banned Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:B Horror Movies, Distopian Literature, Cult Rituals, Puppies.

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:07 PM

Yes all these thing will make you healthy, I especially agree with the last one. (I wish I wasn't so perverted online...)

#918 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Slade's Girlfriend @ Oct 17 2005, 09:28 PM)
--on my way back to school from home, I was thinking so hard about my teacher that I took I-85 N instead of I-85 S and by the time I realized it I had wasted quite a good chunk of gas.

--then I stopped at a reststop, was assaulted, and broke the fat redneck's nose.  I had to drive the rest of the way back with his blood on my hand.

I took a long ass time to write my last post and feel the need to comment.

I have done the same thing on I-87 several times intending to go both ways. This occured at different times of course. Since I have to take the highway to and from school for days a week, I put in a lot of miles driving on highways.

Complain, no that just kicks ass (unless you got hurt or the blood got your clothes or car messy). I never get to teach anyone a lesson that they most definately deserve. It's probably because I am way too much of a nice guy to ever get really assulted by anyone. I've never even gotten the chance to intervene with something bad happening.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#919 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:08 PM

Zatoichi: Hang in there, man. I literally could not have found a more perfect woman than my girlfriend if I had spent my entire life making a list like that a thousand pages long. Sometimes you get lucky, or karma intervenes, or however you want to look at it...

My love: Don't feel bad about me. The mono is not much of a problem at the moment.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#920 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

Another good thing to do if dieting is, any time you get hungry, drink water instead. It will fill you up so that you're not hungry, but it won't make you gain weight. If you miss the chewing that accompanies food, have a piece of sugarless gum, and drink the water.

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 17 October 2005 - 10:08 PM

I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#921 User is offline   Slade's Girlfriend Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:MUSIC, art, martial arts, weaponry, hiking/other outdoor activities, other cultures and religions, drumline, reading, cooking, Bawls, video games (especially old school consoles like NES, Genesis, Atari), computers, language, a plethora of other things that I can't remember when asked

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:04 PM

edit: my teacher either hung herself or was hung. the autopsy will determine whether it was suicide or murder.

for some reason this just makes everything about a billion times worse.

#922 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:30 PM

ohmy.gif Aaah! *hides from possibly nonexistant murderer*

Edit: Not necessarily a Christian service- but some kind of religion/spirituality is really a nice thing to have. Of course, drawing or writing counts as spiritual.... I think... I had an argument with Otal about that once...

This post has been edited by Mirithorn: 17 October 2005 - 10:32 PM

"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#923 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:43 PM

You astound me with your empathy and tact, Mirithorn.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#924 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Mirithorn @ Oct 17 2005, 11:30 PM)
Of course, drawing or writing counts as spiritual

It is my opinion that anything that helps you to focus and bring your mind at ease (in a certain respect) counts.

#925 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Zatoichi @ Oct 17 2005, 08:58 PM)

Here is some advice, going out to anyone who will take it.  It isn't dieting that will help you, but controlling your diet that will

1. Take a tasty chewable Vitamin C tablet and a multivitamin every day
2. Try to stick to water, milk, and various juices for liquid intake as best you can
3. Try to average somewheres beween six and eight hours of sleep every night
4. Try to maintain good hygene habits, including showering at least once a day and brushing your teeth twice a day
5. Take in sweets, snacks, sodas etc. in moderation, but don't stop all together.  That way you will be less likely to binge
6. Pull the fat off of the meat you eat (I just do this because I usually don't like the taste)
7. Stay away from fast food places as best you can
8. Get regular exercise, or at least try to stay active.  Doing work around the house can kill two birds with one stone.  If you are attending college sign up for a PE class or sport every semester, if you have the opportunity to do so.  Working first and playing later can help as well (something that is nearly impossible for me to do)
9. Get more sunlight
10. Stay away from alcohol and any kind of drugs (legal and illegal) as best you are able (of course, take them if they are ncesary to your well being.  I thinking something like not taking aspirin unless you really need to)
11. Do some good deeds with no expectation of repayment.  In fact do not accept any repayment unless they insist.  This can even be towards people you already know (including family members)
12.  Masturbate when your feeling horny and you don't expect to be having sex anytime soon, and only if you are in an appropriate setting (This one isn't a joke either.  I am actually quite serious)

Numbers 1,3,8,9, 10, and 12 are the most important ones to attempt to do.  Still, everyhing on that list will help to improve your wellbeing overall.  I may add more to this list.  Number 13  (odd coincidence eh) would be, and I hate to preach, to start attending a Church service regularly.  Try to find a Church that isn't full of the happy-clappy preachy types.  This may be hard, but look for one that is filled with people who will accept who you are and try to help without infringing too much upon your beliefs and lifestyle.  This maybe next to impossible, and I consider myself lucky to have found such a place.  The reason number 13 isn't on the list should be quite obvious to anyone who has been posting on the forms in any thread where faith or religion slipped into the discussion.

I really am serious about all of the advice I have given thus far.  I insist that you take my word for it, and give it a try for at least a month.  If after a month you can truthfully say that your life has not improved at all and my signature hasn't changed, read it.

i agree with most of this list...

however...

1. i'd scratch milk... it's full of fat. humans are the only creature on this planet that continue to drink milk after infancy. and the fact that we take it from another species is really quite disturbing when you think about it...

2. church is bad too... those people tend to have alot of luncheons.

3. Re: 12. innapropriate places include but are not restricted to: school, work, public transport, the park, town fair, walking down the street, bank queues, nightclub podiums.

#926 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:08 AM

1. Fine, drink skim milk, 1%, or 2%

2. That is why I listed it, but really didn't put it on the list. I know that people have their objections.

3. Real funny tongue.gif

#927 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Puns, irony &amp; sarcasm

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:36 AM

I despise all these fashion diets and get-thin-quick schemes.

Its only a matter of eating healthily and exercising. You either do it that way, or just accept the way you are.

So simple......and yet so complex!

#928 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:45 AM

Complaint: I have been informed that if it were not for the infinite generosity of my teacher, I would be failing ancient mathematics. (Which is a stupid class to teach in a highschool, anyway). So that's really more of a lucky save than a complaint.

She will give you full credit on a test if you do corrections. There is absolutely no way to fail her class. She will not give a grade below a C. (and she grades rather liberally above that- if you do any work at all, you'll get a cool.gif.

But I'm also failing Latin, which is not so good, because the term is almost over and soon my parents will see my report card...
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#929 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (WalkingCarpet @ Oct 18 2005, 06:36 AM)
I despise all these fashion diets and get-thin-quick schemes. 

Its only a matter of eating healthily and exercising.  You either do it that way, or just accept the way you are.

So simple......and yet so complex!

That's why I put up the list. Which also has things that will make you happier over time.

In the long run those things work for very few people (the fashion diets and get-thin-quick schemes that is). In fact, it wouldn't supprise me if some of them were actually detrimental to your health. It isn't about dieting, it is about controling your diet and consuming things that improve the state of your health.

So simple...... and yet......no wait, it is simple.(well only for people who already practice those habits)

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 18 October 2005 - 08:31 AM

#930 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:37 AM

*reads Zatoichi's list, gets to sunlight part...* NOOOOOOO!!

Mirithorn, you have to take an ancient math class? Good luck with that Latin-y stuff.
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

• (375 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size