• +
  • « First
  • Last »

Thecomplaining thread. For depression.

#3796 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:11 PM

Ok, I'll bite. What's in North Wales?
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#3797 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:37 PM

The missus, of course. Crossref: Gallery. Yeah, one of those.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#3798 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:55 PM

Oh I see. You went to a trip.

I rather spend that money on improving my space.

Simple concept of setting this up:
To install the reference disks on the new hard disk of this 8595 server:

(1) Conflictions keep on occuring, took me hours to find that it was one of the network adapters. Jumpered settings.

(2) The parallel IDE adapter's power connectors broke off the cheap molex plug. Bits of strands everywhere so I had clean the box out and put another connector on, time consuming.

(3) The molex pins on the hard disk I was about to put in broke off. Loosing a one gigabyte drive was not so worrying.

(4) The dos drivers for the parallel IDE adapter states overflow errors on drives larger than 2 gigabyte. I don't know why but happened as again. I don't have anything smaller that would work.

(5) More problems, an MCA SCSI 2 controller I found years ago registers in the setup but no discs show on it. Causes problems on boot with the other controllers. Now it works when disable the bios. Obviously a damaged flash.

(6) The machine I was about format the new Scsi drives on, the socket heatsink mechanism snapped and fell on the graphics card. Thankfully I saw it in time. What a waste of a motherboard.

(7) And now messing around trying to transfer the partition with the option files onto the newer drive. Now I understand that the micro code error means that it will only read the option discs from when either two IBM drives that came with it is connected, regardless on what drive I install the utilities. Stored on the circuitary of rhe drive but not on the media.

(8) I have no other memory that will work with it. 16 megabytes is small to work with for what I need.

Finally I am getting somewhere after days of going round in circles. It takes so long to scan the bus and count the memory every time I turn it on but my headache is about over.

The inconveniences and things breaking could show that I might be cursed.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 13 August 2006 - 08:17 PM

#3799 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:53 AM

HOLY FUCK today is off to a terrible start.

it started off about forty minutes ago when I woke up and realized the rather pleasant dream I had been having (wherein I apologised to someone I need to apologise to, and everything turned out to be okay) was, in fact, only a dream; I still have to apologise to him and I don't know that everything is going to be okay. shortly thereafter I realised that the sound of water droplets outside my window was not, in fact my air conditioner, but was, in fact, rain. just enough rain to get me unpleasantly soaked between my dorm and my job, where I will have to sit in the air conditioning after being drenched in the aforementioned unpleasant manner. and then.....

AND THEN.

just as all this is sinking in, they start in with the room next door. and by 'start in,' I mean they start taking apart the metal loft the guy who used to live there built. which means there's all this clanging and banging and drilling and hammering and pieces of metal being thrown around and really fucking loud unpleasant noises Right. Next. Door. I swear to god, I thought they were going to break right through my wall. it sounded like they were trying to take down the entire dorm as well as the loft. and this, after I only got to sleep at like four AM.

yell.gif

that is all.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#3800 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:13 AM

It sounds like the air conditioner is built on the wall. That I would not like to happen to me. I like free standing air conditioners.

For my attic I had 9 weeks of that, dust everywhere and getting up at 5 am. Last year I thought it was my turn to listen to it again but apparently the neighbour couldn't afford it. Labour has gone up.

You mean they started at night time until four in the morning?

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 15 August 2006 - 08:14 AM

#3801 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:57 PM

I think she meant that she got to sleep at 4am, meaning that she didn't get much sleep and is currently very tired because of that.

Complaint: My eyes itch.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#3802 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:27 PM

Complaint: While my beach trip was teh awexome, I came back with a sunburn so bad I have blisters, and a jellyfish sting on my butt. The thing got caught in my swimsuit for a bit. Bleh. It's not the worst sting I've had, but it sucks that I can say I've been stung by jellyfish on five different occassions, now. Anyway, the complaint is that I hurt all over and no one's home to rub aloe on my back. sad.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#3803 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Emu @ Aug 15 2006, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HOLY FUCK today is off to a terrible start.

it started off about forty minutes ago when I woke up and realized the rather pleasant dream I had been having (wherein I apologised to someone I need to apologise to, and everything turned out to be okay) was, in fact, only a dream; I still have to apologise to him and I don't know that everything is going to be okay.

i only ask because i've never hear- ...er, read you swear before...

but what, pray tell did you do to this poor boy? huh.gif

#3804 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Aug 15 2006, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think she meant that she got to sleep at 4am, meaning that she didn't get much sleep and is currently very tired because of that.

Complaint: My eyes itch.

I know, I mean't whether the work started before that time.

I usually go to sleep at that time on days I have free like today.

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Aug 15 2006, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Complaint: While my beach trip was teh awexome, I came back with a sunburn so bad I have blisters, and a jellyfish sting on my butt. The thing got caught in my swimsuit for a bit. Bleh. It's not the worst sting I've had, but it sucks that I can say I've been stung by jellyfish on five different occassions, now. Anyway, the complaint is that I hurt all over and no one's home to rub aloe on my back. sad.gif

Pleasure and pain. I never seen a jellyfish in my waters.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 15 August 2006 - 07:23 PM

#3805 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:41 PM

sleep.gif

I went to sleep at 4am for reasons completely unrelated to the work going on in the room next door. the work going on in the room next door started at approximately 8am.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
-Laughlyn

-Mirithorn

#3806 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:05 PM

I understood the other round for the work.
Yes, I would find that annoying if it is not work to my place.
To me what is annoying is making cups of tea and coffee for the builders four times a day for three people starting at 9.00 am. That was time consuming.

I stay up late and wake up late because I am able to think clearly compared to the morning times.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 15 August 2006 - 08:05 PM

#3807 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:26 AM

barend: I'm sure I've sworn in posts before, haven't I? just maybe not in all capitals. and somehow I missed your question the first time around - this merits a new complaint as well, I suppose. so, kind of a long story where I've liked this guy for a long time, more than even I realized, apparently. he lives on my hall, and it seems like this summer he's actually started to notice me. we started hanging out a lot, alternating between drinking tea, discussing myriad interesting topics, watching Star Wars (he was scandalized to discover I hadn't seen them, as I'm sure most of this forum will be), and sitting in awkward silence drinking more tea. this goes on for a couple of weeks, it's great, etc., but then last night during one of our tea sessions he confided (without me asking) that while he does sort of like me, he has no intention of starting a relationship with me, and he does like this other girl more, but of course he does want to be friends with me.

I completely underreacted. I just sat there in stunned silence, having not expected any of that. he seemed kind of surprised that I had nothing to say and he told me as much, but I told him I had nothing so he said he'd leave me alone now and left. he seemed really weirded out by my unresponsiveness. we haven't really talked since, and now I'm afraid he thinks I'm mad at him or something and I don't want to be friends or talk to him anymore. which is not the case - while I am a bit disappointed, I do still want to be friends with him and I don't want things to be all awkward. unsure.gif

-Laughlyn

-Mirithorn

#3808 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:17 AM

UWAHhhhhhhhhh relationship-troubles - I'm outta here folks, got enough of that stuff over here already, don't wanna rain on your parade. *runs off*

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#3809 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Aug 16 2006, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It sucks when the beach has to be mean like that. Last Summer all the blisters on my shoulder merged, Voltron style, into a super blister. Fortunatly I was on holiday at the time, so was able to get away with not wearing shirts until they subsided. As for jellyfish, we don't have many around here, and most of the ones we do have are freshwater ones(in the river) which don't have stings. As a kid, I remember fishing the large ones out of the water and throwing them at the peir so that they exploded in a gooey mess everywhere. My Uncle has some odd ideas at times. But I remember I have been stung once, it got be right in the centre of the back of my neck, and I was about 50m from shore at the time. That was a bloody hard swim back, I can tell you. Anyway, hope the sunburn gets better fast.

QUOTE (Emu @ Aug 16 2006, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
barend: I'm sure I've sworn in posts before, haven't I? just maybe not in all capitals. and somehow I missed your question the first time around - this merits a new complaint as well, I suppose. so, kind of a long story where I've liked this guy for a long time, more than even I realized, apparently. he lives on my hall, and it seems like this summer he's actually started to notice me. we started hanging out a lot, alternating between drinking tea, discussing myriad interesting topics, watching Star Wars (he was scandalized to discover I hadn't seen them, as I'm sure most of this forum will be), and sitting in awkward silence drinking more tea. this goes on for a couple of weeks, it's great, etc., but then last night during one of our tea sessions he confided (without me asking) that while he does sort of like me, he has no intention of starting a relationship with me, and he does like this other girl more, but of course he does want to be friends with me.

I completely underreacted. I just sat there in stunned silence, having not expected any of that. he seemed kind of surprised that I had nothing to say and he told me as much, but I told him I had nothing so he said he'd leave me alone now and left. he seemed really weirded out by my unresponsiveness. we haven't really talked since, and now I'm afraid he thinks I'm mad at him or something and I don't want to be friends or talk to him anymore. which is not the case - while I am a bit disappointed, I do still want to be friends with him and I don't want things to be all awkward. unsure.gif

To be honest, I don't really see that you have anything to apologise for. If it was me, I'd just ignore the fact that it ever happened and continue drinking tea and the like as before.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#3810 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:55 PM

Silence is only awkward if you're of the mindset that it must be filled.

Guys don't have a "just friends" rule, but due to messiness I'm not going to get into, don't bother waiting around for this guy to potentially give up on other relationship pursuits for you or anything.

Complaint: My acne's flaired up to epic proportions, and I can't get a good close shave with any razor, regardless of acne. pinch.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (375 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size