• « First
  • Last »

Thecomplaining thread. For depression.

#2086 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:07 PM

I remember reading that someone suffered from heart diseases after wearing a lip ring due to an infection. I think they had to cut out a tumor lump from the heart, which they traced the infection back to the lip ring.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 20 February 2006 - 04:09 PM

#2087 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:13 PM

Whoa, way to go, Dee. I bet the women flock around you when you start pointing those things out. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 20 February 2006 - 04:14 PM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#2088 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

Lip Rings? After what I read I don't think I want to risk heart infections.
Also I rather buy myself a decent quality pen rather than a decorative jewellery.

Flock around? I do not want anbody flocking around me, "otherwise I will chop off their wings."
"So they won't be able to fly again."

Really I am not interested in going out to pubs and clubs with people. I rather just be on my own.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 20 February 2006 - 04:21 PM

#2089 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:20 PM

Alright, it's your choice. Just don't mention that in front of the ladies. They'd bite your balls of if they find out that you choose a pen over some jewellery as a present for them. wink.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#2090 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

Oh marriage, nope I don't want to get married also I do not play football, most people can take half of what they did not earn. Also the burden of satifying a greedy lawyer. I prefer the "Unrealness" of playing Unreal Tournament,

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 20 February 2006 - 04:25 PM

#2091 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Feb 20 2006, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Complaint: Every time I put my lip ring in I have to re-pierce my lip. And it HURTS!

Ah yes, the wonders of the body healing itself. One time I took out my nosering to frequent a rather disreputable pub, forgot about it for two hours, and when I did put it back in, the only reason I wasn't waking up the neighbours from the pain was because I was high as a kite. And I suppose lip rings heal even faster than that...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2092 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:35 PM

Complaint: I just got my wire sculpture grade. ONE FREAKING POINT away from an A. And what could I have done to get that A? Participate in the critique more! All I had to do was pipe up and say something about someone else's work, and I would have gotten an A on my project. But nooo, I had to just sit there quietly, not wanting to bring attention to myself... *sigh*
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#2093 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:45 PM

I have not got an A in anything, ever. The highest grade I've recieved was in grade 12 for chemistry, 84%. Which is 2% away from an A. I got 51% in chemistry 11 so I was not sweating it.

Post secondary
I've been placed on academic probation in the past, I've failed a math course twice

Highschool
Was booted from my grade 11 french class for swearing at teacher, she was failing me. I got a float average of 52% in grade 11.

I was placed on the stupid list in grade 1,2,3. While other kids had reading time, I had to go to some silly room and learn how to hold a pencil properly, tell time, count by 5's, and make the sound "ch" cha cha cha chicken.

Between grade 4 and 10,I floated by without learning anything. Without reading a text book or even paying attention in class.

I was murdered in grade 11, and through much blood and sweat I did pretty good in grade 12. I missed honours with distinction because i got 67% in english class.

So what do you have to do to get an A? I have no clue. Team work is the key to success though. That's my advice. I've had study groups for the past 3 years and it's working out ok.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 20 February 2006 - 05:47 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#2094 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Deepsycher @ Feb 20 2006, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really I am not interested in going out to pubs and clubs with people. I rather just be on my own.

that explains a thing or two... tongue.gif

#2095 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:16 PM

I try to pay attention in class, and figure out things in my own way when they are explained. Doing your homework and not slacking off is good, too.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#2096 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Feb 20 2006, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have not got an A in anything, ever. The highest grade I've recieved was in grade 12 for chemistry, 84%. Which is 2% away from an A. I got 51% in chemistry 11 so I was not sweating it.

Highschool
Was booted from my grade 11 french class for swearing at teacher, she was failing me. I got a float average of 52% in grade 11.

I was placed on the stupid list in grade 1,2,3. While other kids had reading time, I had to go to some silly room and learn how to hold a pencil properly, tell time, count by 5's, and make the sound "ch" cha cha cha chicken.

From my experiences I notice that the teachers were not as sensitive to swearing from other people compared to my arguments which stated facts and were none insulting.

Why were you placed on that list?

But holding a pencil and counting to five, what purpose and benefits is that suppose gain, why didn't you call that an insult, walk out, refuse to go back until sorted out properly to what you need or find another place at another institute geared up more for the deliverance you require?

Not in the best interest of the delivery of maths, sounds like they care about the idea of making their school decorative, I call that "Trendy Maths!"

QUOTE (Slade @ Feb 20 2006, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I try to pay attention in class, and figure out things in my own way when they are explained. Doing your homework and not slacking off is good, too.

Yes, I believe that is the way it should be, given by choices.
Oh just to mention I find that it should be called "Studywork." I refuse to the work unless it is called "studywork" for my benefit of studying. "Homework is what I do at home to live and survive." How can it be called "homework" when it can be done remotely in a library or another centre? That is why I see it as an insult and demeaning to priorities.

QUOTE (barend @ Feb 20 2006, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that explains a thing or two... tongue.gif

(1) Advantages of saving my money to buy equipment that serves a useful purpose for an everlasting experience, than just being on what is called drunk for a short, one time experience.

(2) I know what I am consuming most of the time, and staying at home is less taxing.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 20 February 2006 - 06:48 PM

#2097 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:47 PM

Meeting requirements = C, exceeding requirements = B, really REALLY exceeding requirements = A. As simple as that. At least, in Art, that is.

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 20 February 2006 - 06:51 PM

I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#2098 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Feb 20 2006, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meeting requirements = C, exceeding requirements = B, really REALLY exceeding requirements = A. As simple as that. At least, in Art, that is.

Oh so they don't teach up from any dept of knowledge but from series and labelling assumingly? Which does take long for some people, it seems to me like a circus or a one voltage battery charger.

It sounds like their approach to teaching is to paint over a damaged, cracked or bumpy wall rather than to repair the damage first.

Also it does not make sense to me as they are just there to be guides, could you ask for the syllabuses to the modules required to sit the exam. So if you learn what is required from the syllabus in the given amount of time, what is wrong with you sitting the exam?

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 20 February 2006 - 07:21 PM

#2099 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:32 PM

Sadly, my teachers "do not believe in grade inflation", so you actually have to really, really exceed requirements to get an A. And you need to really really exceed requirements that were hard enough to begin with.

Except for one teacher, who just gives everyone A's and refers to her class as "my children."
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#2100 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:50 PM

I dislike the labelling of people by grades and enforcements, which sounds discriminating to me and a dilute method to teach. If it was done directly to modules, guiding and teaching each person to the information that they do not know as needed, this can help prevent failure.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 20 February 2006 - 08:52 PM

• (375 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size