Chefelf.com Night Life: Hiedious Highlanders Waived Waxworks Wmoney - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Hiedious Highlanders Waived Waxworks Wmoney Tuesday, August 2, 2005

#1 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:40 AM

AT THE EDINBURGH DUNGEON UGLY PEOPLE GET IN FREE
Tourist stunt is slammed

A TOURIST attraction sparked a row yesterday with plans to give UGLY people free entry Anyone who passes the Edinburgh Dungeon's 'ugly test' can save themselves the £10.95 entrance fee.

But yesterday the plan, under which visitors will be compared with celebrities including former EastEnder Dean Gaffney and Big Brother contestant Jade Goody, came under attack.

James McGuire, of Crossreach - formerly the Church of Scotland Board of Social Responsibility - said: 'It sounds like discrimination on the basis of looks, which I would be totally against, and quite unhappy about.

'The Dungeon is talking about having ugliness adjudicators but who are they to judge who is ugly? It sounds like they are trying to humiliate people.'

The scheme has also attracted opposition from those who fear they would be too good-looking to save the cash.

Model Scott Ritchie, 18, from Stirling, said: 'Their plan to waive the fee for people they find unattractive discriminates against the rest of us, who have to fork out over a tenner.

'I love the Dungeon but it's not a cheap attraction.'

Break Dungeon manager Andrew McDonald, who plans to put up signs saying 'Uglies Go Free' and 'Are You a Minger?', defended the scheme.

He said: 'The streets of Edinburgh are full of beautiful people at this time of year, so we thought we'd give the ugly people a break.

'We thought it would be fun to let ugly people in for free. Of course, they will have to subject themselves to the ugly test, but at least if they are ugly enough, they can save £10.95.

'Submission to be tested will be on a purely voluntary basis. The whole thing is very tongue-in-cheek and not designed to insult or humiliate anyone.

'We think it will be a big hit.' #The Royal Museum of Scotland is to get £16.8million of Lotto funding to turn it into a flagship visitor destination.

It is part of a £44.5million plan to allow the Royal, in Chambers Street, Edinburgh, to host big exhibitions and display double the number of exhibits

http://www.dailyreco...-name_page.html

Thanks to Laughlyn for this one!

Well, that means I can get in for nothing then.

However, I object to the dappy tart model complaining "Their plan to waive the fee for people they find unattractive discriminates against the rest of us, who have to fork out over a tenner."

Yeah, because ugly people have never, ever, in the history of mankind, been discriminated against. I means, there's loads of ugly people in Hollywood, television, magazines, advertising, etc. My word, its time the beautiful people spoke out against this oppression!

*automatic sarcasm/rant killer kicks in*

Basically, yell.gif
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:01 AM

My thoughts exactly, It's about time there were some perks for being ugly.

As for the tart, that's a guy old boy, but since he's a model I'm sure he's not short of £10 when he feels the need to go slumming it with the neds (northern-Chavs) and tourists.

the thing i found most odd about this article was:
'The streets of Edinburgh are full of beautiful people at this time of year.

Firstly, that's a bloody lie unless you're a fan of mock-burberry. Secondly that implies that good looking scots are seasonal....or tourists.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#3 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:26 PM

What would happen if Dean Gaffney and/or Jade Goody tried to enter? Would it be declared a draw?

#4 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:15 PM

Two thoughts.

1) Same thing Chyld said.

2) Why does everyone always have to get upset about awsome stuff?

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 02 August 2005 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#5 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:50 PM

I don't understand who's angry over this aside from models, it really sounds like a nice thing to do.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#6 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:21 PM

Yes, on one hand it is a nice thing to do...

On the other hand, it is just another way for the "beautiful" jerks in the world to widen the gap between themselves and the average joe, or josephine, as the case may be. Who sets the "ugly standards?" Who is the person who says to those who are "less beautiful?" "Okay, you ugly little crap, you can go in for free... But you, ma'am we'll have to charge you DOUBLE." That's what they should do, raise the prices and make it seem like only the really pretty people pay double, when actually everyone pays double. Then everybody feels great about themselves, and the place makes some extra money... ... ... Unless that's what they are already doing.
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#7 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:52 PM

If these images isn't protected (because I sure as hell won't host them on my server)

This is what you're up against ladies:

and Gentlemen;

IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:12 PM

James McGuire, of Crossreach - formerly the Church of Scotland Board of Social Responsibility - said: 'It sounds like discrimination on the basis of looks, which I would be totally against, and quite unhappy about.

firstly, i'd like to respond to that remark by saying "fuck you, cunt!!!"

Model Scott Ritchie, 18, from Stirling, said: 'Their plan to waive the fee for people they find unattractive discriminates against the rest of us, who have to fork out over a tenner..

oh, poor little Ritchie, (who was probably getting a blow job from a nearby blonde surfer babe while giving the quote) who at the age of 18 has people throw money at him for being attractive for a living...

Yes boo hoo life’s really fucking hard when you're tall white and pretty!!!

get fucked to you too you fucking sociopathic, solipsistic, narcissistic, self absorbed, queen cadet!!!... it's about time being ugly paid off somewhere...

shit look at Hollywood, they'd rather put make up on charlize theron then hire someone actually ugly...

i hope the British police nail that piece of shit to the ground at a train station and shoot him 8 times in the head...

This post has been edited by barend: 02 August 2005 - 05:12 PM

#9 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:18 PM

There's more uproar about this than about the cop that thought that an unarmed man pinned to the floor with 7 bullets in his brain was dangerous so shot him a final time in the left cortex. PC is going so overboard that people trying to give ugly people a break don't get one themselves while other things that involve much more serious ideas are turned to with a blind eye.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 02 August 2005 - 08:21 PM

#10 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:46 AM

How does ugly people getting in free discriminate - sure they get to get in free, but they get told their ugly in the process. So in the end, its even steven. And the chick in that pic could get in for free.

#11 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:08 AM

Yeah she could.
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."

#12 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:14 AM

No, I'm sorry. That's the aforementioned Jane Goody. Now the offical definition of 'not quite ugly enough to get free tickets.' So it'd be a draw, and she'll have to pay.

That'll teach her to be a reality tv contestant.

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 03 August 2005 - 10:15 AM

IPB Image

#13 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:28 AM

They should make her pay triple.

Edit: because she wears hats...and the whole reality show thing.

This post has been edited by Dorothy: 03 August 2005 - 10:29 AM

#14 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:15 PM

notice:

i'd like to appologise for my former post....

i don't think it was offensive enough...

so i'd just like to say i'm going to find that male model asshole and push his face in a deep frier...

smile.gif
thankyou

#15 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:26 PM

Hey, piss off! That hat kicks ass. Hats kick ass in general, unles they are crappy hats. The reality TV thing I understand.

The guy doesn't look ugly to me.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size