Chefelf.com Night Life: Cat got your tongue? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

Cat got your tongue? June 22, 2005

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:41 PM

Kenyan, 73, kills leopard with bare hands
Grandfather turns tables on attacking cat by grabbing tongue

NAIROBI - A 73-year-old Kenyan grandfather reached into the mouth of an attacking leopard and tore out its tongue to kill it, authorities said Wednesday.

Peasant farmer Daniel M’Mburugu was tending to his potato and bean crops in a rural area near Mount Kenya when the leopard charged out of the long grass and leapt on him.

M’Mburugu had a machete in one hand but dropped that to thrust his fist down the leopard’s mouth. He gradually managed to pull out the animal’s tongue, leaving it in its death-throes.

“It let out a blood-curdling snarl that made the birds stop chirping,” he told the daily Standard newspaper of how the leopard came at him and knocked him over.

The leopard sank its teeth into the farmer’s wrist and mauled him with its claws. “A voice, which must have come from God, whispered to me to drop the panga (machete) and thrust my hand in its wide-open mouth. I obeyed,” M’Mburugu said.

As the leopard was dying, a neighbor heard the screams and arrived to finish it off with a machete.

M’Mburugu was toasted as a hero in his village Kihato after the incident earlier this month. He was also given free hospital treatment by astonished local authorities.
article

thanks to HofmaRnnnn for that incredidibly awsome story...

my witty remark:

that is so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, fucking cool!!!!

my father once entered a boxing ring with a bear, (who actually thrashed him), but that old dude was just amazing!!!

This post has been edited by barend: 22 June 2005 - 06:41 PM

#2 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

Your dad wrestled a bear? Now we know where you get your awesomeness from.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#3 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:07 PM

That's ironic, I was looking at that story earlier, thinking "that might be a good News Desk story", but I never got round to putting it up. Same with a story floppy sent me. Man, for a guy with nothing else to do, I'm pretty effing lazy.

Still, an arena with a bear? Voices telling old men to tear out a leopards tounge? Awesome stuff. Wonder how long before PETA come along and start whining in whiny emo voices?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#4 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:07 PM

But still - he killed a freaking leopard by pulling out its tongue - how much does that old man rock! He reminds me of the Italian guy who saw a shark and leaped from his boat to paddle after it and stab it to death.
Crazy old men. Man they rock.
And barend - just be glad your dad took on a bear and not a wolverine - those little buggers are damned dangerous. Kudos to your dad, and to whatever force drove him to try his hand at bearfighting.

#5 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:32 PM

alcohol... and youth.
(the name 'Barend' in dutch means Bear. more precicley a "firm bear")

on the flip side... check THIS one out!!!

Lions Rescue, Guard Beaten Ethiopian Girl

June 21, 2005, 8:37 PM EDT

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia -- A 12-year-old girl who was abducted and beaten by men trying to force her into a marriage was found being guarded by three lions who apparently had chased off her captors, a policeman said Tuesday.

The girl, missing for a week, had been taken by seven men who wanted to force her to marry one of them, said Sgt. Wondimu Wedajo, speaking by telephone from the provincial capital of Bita Genet, about 350 miles southwest of Addis Ababa.

She was beaten repeatedly before she was found June 9 by police and relatives on the outskirts of Bita Genet, Wondimu said. She had been guarded by the lions for about half a day, he said.

"They stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest," Wondimu said.

"If the lions had not come to her rescue, then it could have been much worse. Often these young girls are raped and severely beaten to force them to accept the marriage," he said.

Tilahun Kassa, a local government official who corroborated Wondimu's version of the events, said one of the men had wanted to marry the girl against her wishes.

"Everyone thinks this is some kind of miracle, because normally the lions would attack people," Wondimu said.

Stuart Williams, a wildlife expert with the rural development ministry, said the girl may have survived because she was crying from the trauma of her attack.

"A young girl whimpering could be mistaken for the mewing sound from a lion cub, which in turn could explain why they didn't eat her," Williams said.

Ethiopia's lions, famous for their large black manes, are the country's national symbol and adorn statues and the local currency. Despite a recent crackdown, Hunters also kill the animals for their skins, which can fetch $1,000. Williams estimates that only 1,000 Ethiopian lions remain in the wild.

The girl, the youngest of four siblings, was "shocked and terrified" after her abduction and had to be treated for the cuts from her beatings, Wondimu said.

He said police had caught four of the abductors and three were still at large.

Kidnapping young girls has long been part of the marriage custom in Ethiopia. The United Nations estimates that more than 70 percent of marriages in Ethiopia are by abduction, practiced in rural areas where most of the country's 71 million people live.

article

Holy Crap!!!

blink.gif

This post has been edited by barend: 22 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

#6 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:04 PM

This just reaffirms my theory that 99% of animals are smarter than people think they are. Don't give me that mewling crap, those people just don't want to accept that they're not the smartest thing out there.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#7 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:11 PM

There is only one word in my vocabulary for this.

Awesomeness laugh.gif
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#8 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:19 PM

I had suggested the title "Cambodians cant kill cat, Kenyan can" but that one is pretty witty too. That story about the girl saved by the lions is just awesome though. If it didnt involve rape I think it'd be a disney movie.

Also Barend, your dad rocks as much as mine, and my dad smokes up with me.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#9 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:31 AM

Those... lions... rock!

They should be reincarnated as griffins for their coolness.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size