Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Poop on Lucas's Face

#1 User is offline   Darth Sane Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:18 PM

If the prequels are not going to be as good as the OT than they will invariable detract from the quality of the OT and bring the whole saga to new lows. The idea about the importance of PT because of "lucas's vision" is bullshit. Lucas has a staff of hundreds of people who all contribute to the movies. Lawrence Kasdan made the scripts great and Irving Kirshner MADE the OT what it now is. I find people's misplaced reverence for the non-existant talents of Lucas to be reflective of poor understanding. like I said, Lucas got EXTREMELY lucky with EP IV. It was 1977, inflation, unemployment, watergate and vietnam had just ended, all the movies were serious and introspective, and he filled a collective need for escapism. Because of that one success we should be all made to endure countless horrible prequels? (our nostalgia for the 70's draws us back) Like you said perfectly: The one thing that has changed over the intermission between the OT and PT is that Lucas has gained even more creative control at the expence of other's input. Now his visions are more singular and likewise they suck because of it. What has happened to lucasarts is the same as that has happened to every slowly decaying creative franchise. A leader or founder exherts all of his creative vision until he has little left to contribute...when he should honorably bow out and allow other's more fresh ideas to find exp​ression (to benefit of the project)...the leader arrogantly entrenches himself in his power matrix ("my vision, my vision") all to the detriment of the final creative "project." The leader becomes a leech. While he may have a legal "right" to do these things, i find it a breach of morality and integrity. Here is my question, does anyone on the creative staff challenge lucas? Or are they all just "yes" men.

This post has been edited by Darth Sane: 01 June 2005 - 08:38 PM

#2 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:07 PM

not much left to say, but...

yep... pretty much.

#3 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:11 PM

Darth Sane - while I agree with you, why have you cut and pasted this into three different threads?

#4 User is offline   Darth Sane Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:40 PM

im sorry

#5 User is offline   Darth Sane Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:52 AM

Just to get my point out to EVERYONE I guess