Chefelf.com Night Life: People who are waiting for marriage to have sex. - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

People who are waiting for marriage to have sex.

#226 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Icey @ Jan 16 2006, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking from experience, meaningless sex is just that, meaningless sex.

Well. speaking from experience, meaningless sex may be meaningless, but it ain't half bad. And it's not like "meaningless" is really a pejorative: it's like "meningless slaughter;" goodness, you wouldn't say that the slaughter was inconsequential or less slaughter-ish just because it was meaningless, now, would you?

Not that I know of this ever happening, but couldn't it be that if you place too much emotional importance on the sex, and pile too much of the relationship onto it, couldn't it turn out to be over-important, instead of the fun recreational sometimes-babymaking lark it's meant to be?

I'd rather love were more about common interests and mutual respect, and sex were more about fucking. That's always worked for me.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#227 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:02 PM

You're right about not placing too much importance onto sex - that's no good. Sex is fun! It should always be fun, whether you're in love or not. But I enjoy it more when there's an emotional connection as well as the physical. I just do. I didn't think I would, either; until I experienced it.'

Oh, and I've learned from experience - what you think to be a no-strings-attached one-night stand/fuckbuddy can lead to some serious repercussions, even if you're SURE nothing bad can come from it (and I'm not even referring to unexpected pregnancy, STDs, or your parents catching you in the act).

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 17 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#228 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:46 PM

What are you refering to then?
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#229 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:49 PM

Emotional damage.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#230 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:54 PM

You can get that from marriage and dating. I'd say more so through relationships. People who team up for one night stands usually do so on a 'no-strings attached' premise.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#231 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:09 AM

Yes - but when you go into a relationship, you know you're taking that risk for emotional damage, and it rarely has anything to do with sex (which is the topic of current debate). And while you initially set up the "no-strings attached" premise with one-night stands and fuck buddies, it can go very sour...

#232 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:21 AM

I don't think any one goes into a relationship preparing themselves for emotional damage. I think if it happens, it's damaging all the same. It's like having kids, they may die and that may ruin your life. You can agree it may happen but it wouldn't really prevent any future damage to your nervous system.

People who commit to one night stands usually don't end up like fatal attraction. I'd say it rarely happens. And if some one does have sex with a random, and then starts having feelings for the person and thus feeling abondoned when they drop them, then that person is screwed in the head.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 18 January 2006 - 01:24 AM

#233 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Lord Melkor @ May 27 2005, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is your opinion of people who declare that they won`t have sex until they are married?

They are ok... at least the wont catch Aids any time soon.

#234 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:43 AM

Leno was talking about sex the other night, comparing it to pizza.

Even when pizza is bad, it's STILL pizza.

#235 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:58 AM

I never understood that analogy. If the pizza is bad, I won't eat it. I guess it's a guy thing - they do tend to eat anything. tongue.gif

#236 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:14 AM

'meaningless sex'? why does this term ever sire debate or backlash...

the term is as contriversial as 'meaningless belgian white chocolate ice cream'...

maybe you're hearts not in it... but neither your body or the belgian dairy chefs are complaining...

This post has been edited by barend: 31 January 2006 - 12:15 AM

#237 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jan 17 2006, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
instead of the fun recreational sometimes-babymaking lark it's meant to be?

I'd rather love were more about common interests and mutual respect, and sex were more about fucking. That's always worked for me.

I think nature intended humans to have sex with multiple people (not always at the same time), whenever they feel like it - with no strings attatched. I think that when the body says it needs something, you should always give. No sense in attatching anything else to it.

#238 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Jan 31 2006, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that when the body says it needs something, you should always give.

and i beleive that's why i'm fat.

(which has gotten in the way of simply just 'giving in' to the desire to have sex)

the body want's a lot of things, if you give in to it... you're just an animal. It's when the body wants to get rid of something that you should listen..

#239 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:32 PM

I find it very satisfying to have a steady romantic companion to rely on and be relied on by. And it's just not very safe to prostrate yourself with everyone either, what with no birth control (if we're still arguing a nature intent thing the point of lots of sex with many people is to populate the earth with more people - great if you're an animal, but if you're a sentient with an overpopulation problem already, it's not so great, as you're just going to get culled due to food/habitat shortages) and then the plethora of STDs...

And then there's the problem of free will in regards to that... If we can say no to one another, then it's not necessarily nature's intent to have us all have sex all the time...
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#240 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Jan 31 2006, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and i beleive that's why i'm fat.

(which has gotten in the way of simply just 'giving in' to the desire to have sex)

the body want's a lot of things, if you give in to it... you're just an animal. It's when the body wants to get rid of something that you should listen..

Yes but does your body really 'need' that stuff or do you just want it cause you like it. I think there might be a difference. I can usually tell what my body is lacking nutritionally in this way.

I'm not talking about just wanting to have sex cause it sounds fun. I'm talking more along the lines of that insane feeling of lust. I have personally found that supressing this feeling can lead to problems. Besides, I belive such feelings are a gift from the divine, and should not be discarded lightly.

And as far as being animals... we are. We might be able to solve complex mathematical equations, but we still have basic primal needs.

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size