Chefelf.com Night Life: Cheeky Pic'ures Of Saddams Knickers - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Cheeky Pic'ures Of Saddams Knickers Thursday, May 26, 2005

#16 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ May 31 2005, 12:49 AM)
Okay, this topics been kicked around a lot. Let's talk about melons now. I like watermelon.

subtle, oh so subtle...
An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

#17 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:28 PM

That's how I like it. smile.gif
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#18 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ May 31 2005, 01:28 AM)
That's how I like it. smile.gif

I'd like to continue, but I have to go and take out the white trash.

#19 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:51 PM

To SPQR: Hmmm.... alright.

To everyone else: (I don't think he likes me....)
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#20 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

Me neither...

But anyhoo - I too like watermelon. Big juicy watermelons preferably - also great in food-fights (As a kid, I both used watermelon husk and saw used whole overripe watermelon)

#21 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:35 PM

SPQR: Blargh. You don't get it. GWB's supporters have no businessusing the word homie or homey or any spelling thereof because it is a word primarily atttributed to afro-american culture, which Bush, as I'm sure you'll admit, has no respect for whatsoever. He's skipped NAACP functions, he's executed more racial minorities than any governor in the US with less time spent deliberating their fates, he's constantly cut programs that help the poor in inner cities and various other crimes. I did indeed generalize, so let me fix that.

The use of "George W Bush is my homey" is an insult to any african american who actually knows whats going on. It's like Hitler putting out a T shirt that says "Zee fuhrer is a mensch"

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#22 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ May 31 2005, 04:35 AM)
SPQR: Blargh. You don't get it. GWB's supporters have no businessusing the word homie or homey or any spelling thereof because it is a word primarily atttributed to afro-american culture, which Bush, as I'm sure you'll admit, has no respect for whatsoever. He's skipped NAACP functions, he's executed more racial minorities than any governor in the US with less time spent deliberating their fates, he's constantly cut programs that help the poor in inner cities and various other crimes. I did indeed generalize, so let me fix that.

The use of "George W Bush is my homey" is an insult to any african american who actually knows whats going on. It's like Hitler putting out a T shirt that says "Zee fuhrer is a mensch"

Please, remember there is always a full story, as he skipped the NAACP after he was brutally disparaged by the president of the NAACP, Julian Bond. Who can blame him? Mr. Bond ruined an occasion to have mr. Bush brought front and center where he could voice his concerns. The NAACP doesn't speak for all blacks. Does the Fulbright scholarship speak for all whites? I'm, not defending Mr. Bush by any means, just validity. You still generalize, but that's the problem with the lower class liberals, they're simply along for the ride occasionally repeating populist appealing half-truths. Secondly, Snr. cut-rate propagandist, he doesn't execute anyone. The state juries and judges do after an elected governor permits the use of capital punishment. It's called states'rights, and it's pretty fundamental in US governance.
What federal programs has he cut in inner cities? (and various other crimes-what does that even mean?) Since your arguments are so riddled with holes, I'm completely unwilling to accept unsubstantiated claims.
If you think putting Hitler on a t-shirt with refernces to a Jewish do-gooder personality is remotely comparable...you're more than plain ignorant, you're sick. Yet I degress, you're a fine example of what public education has wrought us.

#23 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:43 AM

Blargh...

It's kind of like an obviously ridiculous person posing with the beret of the very real Che.

#24 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:26 PM

Hey, we like JM around here. Head back to the SW forums if you have to make everything an editorial.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#25 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:56 PM

When you mentioned melons, fruit was the last thing on my mind innocent.gif
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#26 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:04 AM

I figured that would come around after a while...

Anyone else like Cantoloupe?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#27 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

No. I prefer rockmelon.

(what, not even a snigger?)

#28 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:22 PM

SPQR- Point for point here...

So you're saying that because he gave the chairman of the NAACP reason to "brutally disparage" him, that he must be popular among African Americans and cannot have done anything to bother them?

I'm quite proud to be lower class.

As for my populist appealing half truth, it's probably a great deal better than Bush's populist appealing whole lies or your pseudo-intellectual insecure ranting.

Bush has control over who goes free. Normally a governor takes half an hour to decide whether to grant a stay of execution but Bush cut that time in half. He feels that 15 minutes is ample time to decide if a man should live or die. Texas has also executed people who are mentally handicapped or under age under the Bush government. He has also imprisoned five Cuban officials who were in the US keeping tabs on US funded terrorist groups and failed to free any American political prisoners being held in this country although he has the power to do so.

Now as for my specific charges against him, I really like it when people I'm debating use this pathetic tactic. "Blargh, you're stating a generally accepted fact. I will challenge you to produce specific evidence in support of it in hopes that you can't be arsed" Well sorry, but I can.

Bush provided tax breaks in his plans to businesses that shift labor overseas. That means manufacturing. Manufacturing and industrial jobs were the kind of work that empowered the civil rights movements of the fifties and sixties. Inner city African Americans were able to get decent jobs and have feelings of pride in their work while also being exposed to unions and joining with the poor folks from other races, which led to the unity of movements such as the Panthers. Since inner city areas are the prime location for manufacturing industry it is sensible that this would largely strike poor black communities the worst, thus providing a reason they would be angry with the Bush regime.

And here's a little tidbit from a Bush in 2000 campaign site about his horrendous record.

"welfare reform has cut public assistance rolls in half; and legal changes have expanded the role of religious groups in helping the poor.
In many ways, Bush’s record dovetails with the Texas worldview, which places the burden for escaping poverty on the poor, not the government. Conservative groups and analysts praise the governor and his actions precisely for their strong embrace of basic Republican philosophies. Texas has an up-by-the-bootstraps culture and people often loath to give-or ask for-help. The Texas Constitution prohibits the Legislature from spending more than 1% of the state budget on poor children. Cash welfare benefits are $201 a month for a mother and two children in 1995"

"place time limits on welfare benefits;
require able-bodied welfare recipients to get a job, attend school, or train for work;
require participating mothers to identify the fathers of their children so they could contribute to their support;
and emphasize personal responsibility by requiring welfare recipients to sign an independence contract pledging to stay drug-free and keep their kids immunized and in school."

And how would that not piss people off. I am, as you so brilliantly ordained, of the lower classes. I have managed to get welfare for a few months before they cut me off because my paying profession didn't meet the requirements of a job. This isnt a move towards making people independent, its a way to screw needy people out of cash.

The Bush regime has also instated, and you'll like this since you favor state's rights, laws requiring prosecutors to file the most serious charges possible in every case they get. Yay for justice!

Bush chose to take away funds for Teach America, a program that trains teachers who intend to work in poor urban areas sorely needing good teachers.

and taken from an article about Bush's problems trying to lure black Christians into subservience by raising the spector of killer homosexuals...

"Jackson’s rhetorical question directly revealed how the GOP seeks to employ symbol over substance, and it may well have been instrumental in framing the group’s final statement. The first item of the nine-point statement made clear that these black Baptists were far from the Bush plantation. “We call for an end to the war in Iraq and withdrawal of U.S. military personnel from Iraq,” it reads. Other points call for the extension of the Voting Rights Act, opposition to the confirmation of Alberto Gonzales as attorney general, “full commitment to the public education system,” and opposition to school vouchers. The statement characterizes the administration’s budget cuts in Medicaid and the CHIP program as immoral, calls for an end to the prison-industrial complex and ... well, you get the point. These are not Bush folks.

And since this group represents, by far, the largest number of African-American Christians, it’s safe to say that the black church has not yet fallen under the faith-based spell of the GOP. The Republicans’ stress on hot-button cultural issues has swayed some individual black believers to the right, but that’s nothing new."

And my comment about Hitler stands. Hitler commited genocide on the Jews, and therefore it would be a slap in the face for nazis to use Jewish terms of endearment. The U.S. government has comitted genocide against African Americans. Our nation was built on the backs of African slaves and when they rose up in the nineteen fifties and sixtes tens of thousands were beaten, imprisoned, or straight up murdered. If you need me to substantiate that fact you're more ignorant than I thought and I'm done with you.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 01 June 2005 - 09:28 PM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#29 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ May 30 2005, 07:51 PM)
To everyone else: (I don't think he likes me....)

i don't like you either... you better watch yourself...

tongue.gif

--------------

it's nice to have someone insulting everyone again isn't it? smile.gif

#30 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

Careful Barend, if you keep up like that you'll come to a bad end.

haha vague SW paraphrases rock.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size